Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The running is so very contrived. Notice how she is now notching up the content on that more the closer marathon day is getting. Obviously that’s going to happen anyway, whoever you are and whatever challenge you do but I can’t help but feel that Katie is on another level.
The whole half marathon yesterday all felt a little over the top with Katie going on about how nervous she was and how much she hurts etc. I know someone who ran it yesterday and they just got on with it. Funny how Katie then seemed to complete it with no issues. She says her legs hurt (poor thing) yet she still manages the star jump boomerangs!! I wish she’d stop bleeting sometimes. We all know she’ll do it. She knows exactly how to work her audience.

Reactions: 7
What really pisses me off about Katie is that she bangs on about her kids’ privacy and how it’s not fair to show them having a tantrum or behaving badly at all yet she tries to make out she’s relatable? It’s not relatable for children to never squabble or be grumpy. And if you aren’t comfortable showing that side of things, don’t be a family influencer 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t think it’s fair that she makes money from us, her “followers” whilst only showing the good aspects of her life.

You can’t be precious about your kids having private lives and then use them to sell cars, board games and bloody toothpaste!

Reactions: 8
What really pisses me off about Katie is that she bangs on about her kids’ privacy and how it’s not fair to show them having a tantrum or behaving badly at all yet she tries to make out she’s relatable? It’s not relatable for children to never squabble or be grumpy. And if you aren’t comfortable showing that side of things, don’t be a family influencer 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t think it’s fair that she makes money from us, her “followers” whilst only showing the good aspects of her life.

You can’t be precious about your kids having private lives and then use them to sell cars, board games and bloody toothpaste!
Maybe the bigger issue is not what youtubers (or possibly even grammers) portray but the fact that they put their children out there at all? I think they risk their safety and put them at risk of potential harm. From what I've read it seems more than possible to join enough dots to find out an unacceptable amount about theses YTers or IGers children from where they live to where they go to school. It is all of our responsibility to protect children but surely none more than the children's parents. I work with children and whilst I take all of my job very seriously I take the duty to protect most seriously of all. Personally (and this is (a) contraversial and (b) likely uninforceable) I do not believe anyone should be allowed to share their children with others except through private messaging until an age where it is possible to gain informed consent from a child. I believe it not only places them at risk but I also believe it invades their right for privacy. I know many may disagree but this is my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe the bigger issue is not what youtubers (or possibly even grammers) portray but the fact that they put their children out there at all? I think they risk their safety and put them at risk of potential harm. From what I've read it seems more than possible to join enough dots to find out an unacceptable amount about theses YTers or IGers children from where they live to where they go to school. It is all of our responsibility to protect children but surely none more than the children's parents. I work with children and whilst I take all of my job very seriously I take the duty to protect most seriously of all. Personally (and this is (a) contraversial and (b) likely uninforceable) I do not believe anyone should be allowed to share their children with others except through private messaging until an age where it is possible to gain informed consent from a child. I believe it not only places them at risk but I also believe it invades their right for privacy. I know many may disagree but this is my opinion.
Exactly this, you can work our Katie’s address and the school the children go to as well. People don’t seem to realise the Internet is a big place with some scary people out there...
She says she doesn’t like to share too much of the children, but really she’s already over shared far too much.

She’s probably praying it will. Typically though that’ll be her excuse & she’ll stick to that won’t she. 🙄

Since when did she start shopping with Sainsbury’s? I only ever see she shops with tesco.
Oh silly me, they offered her a deal she’d never say no to.
Don’t get me wrong, I shop everywhere, I have my favourite things from each so I’m not hugely loyal to just one supermarket but I just find it uncomfortable that Katie is now a sales person for Sainsbury’s when she’s always so clearly been a tesco girl & it’s only because she’s doing an ad (with no #). 🤷‍♀️
I felt like this about Kerry Whelpdale she was always using Tesco and now suddenly her hauls are featuring more and more Waitrose.

Reactions: 3
Eww yuk did I just read that right? Can I unsee that please? She used to get loads of UTIs when her and that minging wart headed ugger JonJon were sha££ing loads at the start of their relationship?!
I literally feel sick.

• Sick
  • Haha
Just watched her latest vlog. I think if I went to visit and she made me a cuppa and we got comfy on her sofa is fall asleep listening to the sound of her voice. It's so monotonous and slow and boring! That along with her expressionless eyes that always look blank or like she's depressed.

I have never seen so much stuff in drawers- well aside from Emily Norris and Louise Pentland and others having too much of the same!

Maybe I'm living a sad sad life but I literally own 3 pairs of jeans 4 jumpers and a handful of tops. 2 bras and 10 pairs of knickers. 1 pair of converse. 1 pair of boots. Some wellies and come the summer a sandal of some kind. A pair of running shoes and 1 pair of leggings. 1 coat. I buy sunglasses new each year and they just about last the summer! I cannot imagine 1. Having the money to spend so much on clothes etc that I fill 6 bags for charity! 2. Having more in my wardrobe than I can physically wear in a week! 3. Having the additional funds to keep buying storage baskets and holders etc!

I live a simple life but I find these vlogs really hard to watch and in complete awe of the amount of stuff!

Just watched her latest vlog. I think if I went to visit and she made me a cuppa and we got comfy on her sofa is fall asleep listening to the sound of her voice. It's so monotonous and slow and boring! That along with her expressionless eyes that always look blank or like she's depressed.

I have never seen so much stuff in drawers- well aside from Emily Norris and Louise Pentland and others having too much of the same!

Maybe I'm living a sad sad life but I literally own 3 pairs of jeans 4 jumpers and a handful of tops. 2 bras and 10 pairs of knickers. 1 pair of converse. 1 pair of boots. Some wellies and come the summer a sandal of some kind. A pair of running shoes and 1 pair of leggings. 1 coat. I buy sunglasses new each year and they just about last the summer! I cannot imagine 1. Having the money to spend so much on clothes etc that I fill 6 bags for charity! 2. Having more in my wardrobe than I can physically wear in a week! 3. Having the additional funds to keep buying storage baskets and holders etc!

I live a simple life but I find these vlogs really hard to watch and in complete awe of the amount of stuff!
Be thankful that your life is simple and that you don't have to live like they do. Constantly having to have a big house, newly renovated for the latest trend, new expensive car, new clothes weekly. If they fail to keep up with the "aspirational" lifestyle then their followers drop and money drops. Its their job to keep up to date to keep selling to you. I would hate to live like that. Without realising it, most of these scammers (the ones with a conscience) would be better off working a 9-5 rather than selling their children and constantly out buying pointless stuff. Its an empty life.

Be thankful that your life is simple and that you don't have to live like they do. Constantly having to have a big house, newly renovated for the latest trend, new expensive car, new clothes weekly. If they fail to keep up with the "aspirational" lifestyle then their followers drop and money drops. Its their job to keep up to date to keep selling to you. I would hate to live like that. Without realising it, most of these scammers (the ones with a conscience) would be better off working a 9-5 rather than selling their children and constantly out buying pointless stuff. Its an empty life.
Exactly. How awful to expose yourself (and worse still your non-consenting children) to this extent for money and gifted stuff. What a way to live. Much better to be enonomous, discrete and protective of your privacy, your partners (if indeed you have one) and children's (if indeed you have a child or children). Much better not to expose yourself to public scrutiny. Much better not to expose your children to any additional risk by putting them 'out there'. Much better to have less and be content with what you have. Much better to live an authenic life. Much better to seek love, respect, self-respect, acknowledgement, care and a sense of self-worth from those who actually know you. Actually so much better to be us 😊😊😊

To think she used to be in the police!! Did she learn nothing? Probably worked in a different department but surely it’s all part of the training. I still cannot imagine Miss squeaky clean being a copper.
She’s too addicted to earning the money through her kids, exposure or not.
Now it’s Wrenny & toothpaste!! 🙄 Sod the kids privacy. She says she only uses brands she believes in. Is that who she believes will pay her the cash!!
She’s also too dependent on her followers now & the friends she says she’s made via you tube etc. I bet they wouldn’t be there if she really needed them... only if she tags them afterwards of course.
I often wonder what people she knows in the real world (school mums etc) really think of her online life. 🤔 I’d feel so uncomfortable with all all that & people knowing all about my life & how much I poo 💩!!!! 🙊😂

I totally disagree with this! I think it’s fine to share family life, without showing your children in a negative light or sharing this that will embarrass them later in life. It’s up to us, as adults, to read between the lines and understand that. I have gained some great ideas from watching her, I also recognise that there will be times her kids melt down. I wouldn’t want to show that part of my kids to anybody either, in real life or online. I actually have more respect that she doesn’t, than for those who post negative sides of their children.

Reactions: 2
I totally disagree with this! I think it’s fine to share family life, without showing your children in a negative light or sharing this that will embarrass them later in life. It’s up to us, as adults, to read between the lines and understand that. I have gained some great ideas from watching her, I also recognise that there will be times her kids melt down. I wouldn’t want to show that part of my kids to anybody either, in real life or online. I actually have more respect that she doesn’t, than for those who post negative sides of their children.
Yes, most of us choose not to either, but she is using her children to make money. You can’t say on the one hand how much you respect your kids’ privacy and then use them to sell toothpaste (etc) and expect people not to notice the contradiction.

Reactions: 5
I just find that it can be quite damaging to her viewers who don't have "perfect children", always hugging and kissing eachother, blowing dandelions in slow motion. Of course it is all fake but some people don't realise this and think "why aren't my children like that?!" and cause the mum to feel like tit. Of course she is right not to air her childrens tantrums imo but there should also be a disclaimer at the beginning of the video that states that the video is for artistic and ad purposes rather than an accurate representation of real life. Of course that will never happen!! 😆
A thing that bugs me about Katie is that she claims her girls don't like dresses and never have, yet it seems to me like they have been guided in that way judging by pictures of them as toddlers. From day dot they was in quirky jeans and tshirts.. very few pics of them in skirts as small toddlers. I can't help but feel like she wanted them to look different from the typical airy fairy toddlers to get more interest/likes/followers.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you. I don't think it is fine to share your (non consenting) children online (except through private messaging) I think it invades their privacy which as an individual they have a right to and secondly it places them at risk of potential harm as parents expose so much I gather it is possible to know a lot about a child.. To my mind these are two very good reasons not to share you children with the World. Funnily enough most people managed parenting just fine without having to reference b/voggers for tips and hacks and even if you want these and find them helpful does the child really need to be around. They are often little more than click bait and used for monetary gain. That isn't right. It just isn't and noone will convince me otherwise as I so strongly believe in the rights of children.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you. I don't think it is fine to share your (non consenting) children online (except through private messaging) I think it invades their privacy which as an individual they have a right to and secondly it places them at risk of potential harm as parents expose so much I gather it is possible to know a lot about a child.. To my mind these are two very good reasons not to share you children with the World. Funnily enough most people managed parenting just fine without having to reference b/voggers for tips and hacks and even if you want these and find them helpful does the child really need to be around. They are often little more than click bait and used for monetary gain. That isn't right. It just isn't and noone will convince me otherwise as I so strongly believe in the rights of children.
So you watch parent vloggers!!?? Even though you are so against it?

Reactions: 2
So you watch parent vloggers!!?? Even though you are so against it?
With respect that is supposition on your part but to clarify, I do not watch parent vloggers however I have seen some videos and that is not the same thing. I have two main issues with parents vloggers. Firstly, I am unconvinced they are truly relateable and I believe they depict a sanitised version of truth. As such I believe they have the potential for parents to negatively compare themselves with something that isn't actually the whole truth. Secondly, I do not believe children should be 'put out there'. IMO no amount of gifted stuff justifies the invasion of their privacy or potential risk to them. We can agree to disagree but this is my opinion. To reiterate, I have seen but do not watch mummy vloggers. This does not make me unaware or ill informed but, as someone who works with young children and their parents, it does make me concerned.

• Heart
With respect that is supposition on your part but to clarify, I do not watch parent vloggers however I have seen some videos and that is not the same thing. I have two main issues with parents vloggers. Firstly, I am unconvinced they are truly relateable and I believe they depict a sanitised version of truth. As such I believe they have the potential for parents to negatively compare themselves with something that isn't actually the whole truth. Secondly, I do not believe children should be 'put out there'. IMO no amount of gifted stuff justifies the invasion of their privacy or potential risk to them. We can agree to disagree but this is my opinion. To reiterate, I have seen but do not watch mummy vloggers. This does not make me unaware or ill informed but, as someone who works with young children and their parents, it does make me concerned.
So what you're saying is...you've 'seen' parent vloggers, but not 'watched' parent vloggers?

K.

So what you're saying is...you've 'seen' parent vloggers, but not 'watched' parent vloggers?

K.
Yes, indeed. The verb use is slightly different I can say I have seen something but do not watch it. e.g. I could say 'I have seen Eastenders but I don't watch Eastenders' but I don't really want to have a lingusitics or semantics debate. I suppose we all have an opinion whether I have seen a few videos does not dilute my opinion. I wish you well.

Reactions: 4
I wish she’d make up her mind. Saw a story she posted yesterday about her love for running yet over the months she’s whittled on about not enjoying it like she used to and how hard it’s been. To me this proves that she’s doing it more for content and attention. I’m sure she said she had a meeting recently/coming up with ‘Make a Wish’ so I wonder if she’s now had said meeting and now she’s claiming how much running means to her yet through injuries etc etc she has not put her full attention in. 🙄

I completely agree with this. I don't watch kid-floggers for leisure, I don't understand the appeal at all. I just watch the ones I know in RL occasionally with amusement and horror to see what nonsense and lies they are chatting.

Many of these mothers are extraordinary actresses and tale tellers, they should put these skills to better use!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.