Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely different. I’d worked in nurseries and babysat from 14, and I still needed help. Nieces/nephews/godkids can always be given back. You don’t have that permanent exhaustion. You do not know exhaustion like it until you have a baby

ETA - I’ve only just started following her, but knew her from big brother days, and I liked her. I don’t really have too much of an opinion on her, but I don’t think it’s fair to dig out a new mum
I've followed her for years and she is milking this baby for all the £££'s she can get. In my opinion that is disgusting. As I said in my earlier post if this were me, as soon as my baby was in special care I'd have cancelled that MTV gig and taken the contractual consequences, In the paper the other day she it said she had the MTV crew at the hospital when Noa was in the last time with the infected finger ..it's all about the £££'s.

And by posting everything on Instagram and showing her life in reality TV shows, she is putting herself up for criticism. It is quite easy for her to put a stop to it - She just stops posting.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I've followed her for years and she is milking this baby for all the £££'s she can get. In my opinion that is disgusting. As I said in my earlier post if this were me, as soon as my baby was in special care I'd have cancelled that MTV gig and taken the contractual consequences, In the paper the other day she it said she had the MTV crew at the hospital when Noa was in the last time with the infected finger ..it's all about the £££'s.

And by posting everything on Instagram and showing her life in reality TV shows, she is putting herself up for criticism. It is quite easy for her to put a stop to it - She just stops posting.
So Boj couldn’t be there with his little girl but the MTV crew were!? That’s mental

Reactions: 13
Oh really sad for poor noa. Also must be awful for Kate after a c section, she's not really had time to recover properly. Mentally or physically. She just needs to get off the mtv hype, get off Insta and just take some time off. It all should've ended when noa came early and had to go into nicu. We know you're exhausted and weepy kate, just get off social media for now, none of the strangers care, update your family via watsapp. She's obviously feeling pressure to document the post birth stories as it ties in with the mtv show and her podcasts, but i think she needs to really reevaluate it all.

Reactions: 15
She hasn’t planned for this baby to be poorly..

She started on basically the first lot of reality TV why is everyone acting shocked that she’s doing reality tv!?

I find it really sad other woman tear each other down over motherhood, she isn’t neglecting her come on. I’d say via her meltdown before Noa was born about missing her familyand by all accounts appears to be keeping to the rules. Give her a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is the MTV crew in hospital?

Don’t think age matters - your first baby is a right shock to the system. 24/7. When people say about the lack of sleep you don’t really get it until it’s you doing it. I thought I’d catch up on sleep like you do after a heavy night out. But seven years later I still haven’t. Kid might sleep but Mum Brain keeps me awake. I distress. But what I’m saying is every single woman I know has been shell shocked by how tough early parenthood is with a little baby. Being an aunt or occasional babysitter ain’t the same.

Reactions: 14
The difference is most Mothers stay off social media when dealing with the trauma of becoming a FTM. By all means after the fact document it. But use the first few weeks to be with your child and mentally take it all in.

Reactions: 2
Is the MTV crew in hospital?

Don’t think age matters - your first baby is a right shock to the system. 24/7. When people say about the lack of sleep you don’t really get it until it’s you doing it. I thought I’d catch up on sleep like you do after a heavy night out. But seven years later I still haven’t. Kid might sleep but Mum Brain keeps me awake. I distress. But what I’m saying is every single woman I know has been shell shocked by how tough early parenthood is with a little baby. Being an aunt or occasional babysitter ain’t the same.
Ok. Let's agree to disagree.

Kate needs to put that baby first and forget about the MTV's gig and her insta. She's not in that baby bubble because she has too much going on outside of it. I doubt the TV crew were allowed in but they were there which again points to her still juggling too much and not prioritizing her daughter.

In my opinion, but I was born when the internet didn't exist.

Reactions: 5
Poor Noa, she really has had a rough start! What week was she born at? Mine was born at 38 weeks and luckily she was ok but it must be so stressful being in and out of hospital with her.

In my experience the older the mother the more they worry, I am sure there are many exceptions to the rule but everyone I've known it's the older Mums who worry morw!

Because their priorities are 100% that little girl..
This was 2 mins ago

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

Kate needs to put that baby first and forget about the MTV's gig and her insta. She's not in that baby bubble because she has too much going on outside of it. I doubt the TV crew were allowed in but they were there which again points to her still juggling too much and not prioritizing her daughter.

Not even sure what you disagree with? There’s no age threshold where you suddenly reach a level of being able to cope better with a baby is there.

I wouldnt go near an MTV, or any TV, crew either after a baby either. I was surprised she’d done this TV show.

Reactions: 7

She is putting her first, she's really not posting that much compared to others out there and has taken her to hospital when she needs. She's not in the bubble because they're in and out of hospital with poor Noa being poorly which isn't uncommon for a baby born early and who spent time in nicu.

Poor Kate. I feel so sad for her! And poor Noa has had a rough start to her little life.
Let’s hope she’s on the mend now. Everything’s a worry when they are so small, even more so for a first time mum!

The thing is that they are probably contractually obliged to promote the MTV show on social media so even if they wanted to step back from it they can’t. They have had a rough time of it and I can’t imagine having to go through that and having the pressure to keep posting on social media.

Reactions: 12

Must be nice being perfect ay? You don’t know their situation, maybe they need the money.

Being a first time mum is bleeping hard no matter what age you are. That added to the stress of having to go to hospital 3 times in 3 weeks and doing it in the midst of a pandemic when life is tit for just about everyone right now makes me feel for her. Instagram can be a distraction from reality when you’re very stressed or anxious.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Awww poor Noa and poor Kate ending up in hospital again. No wonder Kate feels tearful, it’s been a rough start to motherhood for her

Reactions: 13
So, apparently once you sign a contract with MTV that's it regardless. It wouldn't surprise me if they threatened her with a fee she couldn't afford. I don't think for one second she's milking having a baby. :(

I think this is one of them times you agree to disagree. She isn't milking it in my opinion.

I've been in hospital with a tiny baby. When he slept, I went on my phone. She still has obligations she has to keep up with as per a contract, hence the post. I really thought this was a nice thread..

Because their priorities are 100% that little girl..
This was 2 mins ago

• Heart
It’s fine to go on Instagram as a distraction but she doesn’t need to post about her baby. Boj won’t even have his surname made public so he can have privacy but Noa has no privacy. Everytime Kate posts about Noa being in hospital it ends up as a story on daily mail online so it’s not just her followers that see it, it’s anyone. There is just no way I would put my baby out there for everyone to see and when you put yourself out there like that you open yourself up for criticism whether it’s warranted or not.
I just can’t see how making a bit of extra money is worth all of that.

Reactions: 6
It’s fine to go on Instagram as a distraction but she doesn’t need to post about her baby. Boj won’t even have his surname made public so he can have privacy but Noa has no privacy. Everytime Kate posts about Noa being in hospital it ends up as a story on daily mail online so it’s not just her followers that see it, it’s anyone. There is just no way I would put my baby out there for everyone to see and when you put yourself out there like that you open yourself up for criticism whether it’s warranted or not.
I just can’t see how making a bit of extra money is worth all of that.
Maybe she’s struggling with lockdown and needs the support. Maybe she’s struggling being a first time mum and needs other people’s experiences. Maybe she wants to tell the real story before it’s picked up and twisted by the tabloids. However she’s doing it,this is her method of coping. Remember the whole,’be kind’ campaign’? She’s a brand new mother, cut off from her support network in a pandemic, with a poorly baby. I think it most applies here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Having a baby is completely life changing. They are clearly struggling and the pandemic is prob stopping the parents coming to help as they could really do with it by the looks of things.

This is uncomfortable to watch though. crappy side of social media when it becomes far too intrusive and very “Black Mirror”. The posts feel like pics that you would get sent in WhatsApp from family or friends.

Maybe she’s struggling with lockdown and needs the support. Maybe she’s struggling being a first time mum and needs other people’s experiences. Maybe she wants to tell the real story before it’s picked up and twisted by the tabloids. However she’s doing it,this is her method of coping. Remember the whole,’be kind’ campaign’? She’s a brand new mother, cut off from her support network in a pandemic, with a poorly baby. I think it most applies here.
Be kind? I think you might be on the wrong site!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.