Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Noa, I hope she is okay.
I totally understand the social contact that one gets from posting things on Instagram, and perhaps that is why Kate is posting so much. However, she could do the stories without the pictures of her poor baby hooked up to hospital wires. She doesn’t need to post pictures of her baby at her most vulnerable. Would Kate like it if Boj (full name Martin Bojtos, if Noa gets no privacy then why should he) posted a picture of her in a hospital bed, without her consent? Because that is exactly what Kate has done to her brand new, innocent daughter. Being a new mum is hard, without a doubt, but that doesn’t mean that you can sacrifice your child’s privacy to make yourself feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The tabloids wouldn’t run a story about her baby being in hospital if she didn’t post it though would they. How is posting on Instagram helping her to hear others experiences? If she is struggling then perhaps she needs to have her support bubble at home helping her instead of an mtv film crew. I haven’t been unkind about Kate. I have criticised her for using her baby for financial gain, whether that is through money for a reality show or for getting gifts and doing ads on social media. When one of her parents wants to keep his surname private, yet Noa has no privacy I find that odd.

Reactions: 6
It’s fine to go on Instagram as a distraction but she doesn’t need to post about her baby. Boj won’t even have his surname made public so he can have privacy but Noa has no privacy. Everytime Kate posts about Noa being in hospital it ends up as a story on daily mail online so it’s not just her followers that see it, it’s anyone. There is just no way I would put my baby out there for everyone to see and when you put yourself out there like that you open yourself up for criticism whether it’s warranted or not.
I just can’t see how making a bit of extra money is worth all of that.
I don’t understand the surname obsession they have because he basically goes by half the surname, it’s like her being called Law constantly but insisting she doesn’t want anyone to know she’s Lawler.

Reactions: 11
Boj is a total and utter knob!! Your child is in hospital for 3rd time and you are posting about a tit Mtv show!?
Maybe it was a scheduled post that was arranged in advance..... not sure if that’s something Instagram offers if you have a larger following?! Or maybe he has to as per the contract but it does leave a bitter taste. If my baby was poorly in hospital then the last thing I’d think about was work/posting on social media but then I guess different strokes for different folks! I don’t feel like I’m shocked by anything I see on social media anymore 😫

Reactions: 4
Boj is a total and utter knob!! Your child is in hospital for 3rd time and you are posting about a tit Mtv show!?
Bit harsh - he could well have handed his logins to the social media person at mtv to schedule the posts on his behalf.

I feel awful for Kate, and hope her baby is ok and back home soon. I don’t follow her but saw the baby was ill, not sure why she’s getting hated on 🤷‍♀️

Even if you can't have a true appreciation of the early days till you experience it, have you ever heard anyone say they are a doddle with plenty of sleep and endless energy ? No because it's not ! There is a reason why an employed person is not legally allowed to return to work for 2 weeks, and even that's not long enough !
These fame hungry and money mad influencers are so terriefed of losing relevance they can't take even a day off social media. In no part of anyone's tiny mind can it have been considered easy to have a film crew around at what is probably the most stressful time ever, if she feels like she can't experience the baby bubble she only has herself to blame.

I don’t understand the surname obsession they have because he basically goes by half the surname, it’s like her being called Law constantly but insisting she doesn’t want anyone to know she’s Lawler.
Just about to post this haha. Wants to keep one bit of his life private so goes by half his surname as his first name 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Those first weeks with a newborn are so hard - whoop de do for you if you did it with 17 kids and breastfed twins and ran a marathon and did it all as a single parent. For the most part, it’s just bleeping brutal. You’re tired, you’re sore, your boobs are massive and leaking, you worry about everything, you can often feel like you’re losing your mind, there’s washing everywhere and you’re just trying to survive AND you have a tiny baby reliant on you 24/7 and we’re in a pandemic where loads of support has been cut off or put online. She seems like she’s having a rough time, I do wish she shared less but my heart goes out to her it’s a time unlike any other.

Reactions: 20
Just about to post this haha. Wants to keep one bit of his life private so goes by half his surname as his first name 🤯
Load of men I know have nicknames using their surname or part of it, I know a few that everyone calls them by their nickname, no relevance to their name at all, why are people making such a big deal. They’ve said before it’s a nickname! 🙄

Reactions: 2
Yes and she could have spent these first few weeks with her mum round helping her as she is allowed a support bubble and not posting on social media so they could just take some time to adjust to their new lives as parents. But they chose not to do that all for some reality show and insta fame.
She also could have still posted what was going on without actually posting multiple pictures of her baby hooked up to machines, but Kate knows she will get maximum engagement by posting pictures like that.
Your 3 week old baby being in hospital must be absolutely heart wrenching and obviously Kate would rather her baby not have had such a hard time but I just would not ever post such private pictures online.

Maybe he just wants to seem a bit more interesting because actually his name is Martin and he works in sales 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe she’s struggling with lockdown and needs the support. Maybe she’s struggling being a first time mum and needs other people’s experiences. Maybe she wants to tell the real story before it’s picked up and twisted by the tabloids. However she’s doing it,this is her method of coping. Remember the whole,’be kind’ campaign’? She’s a brand new mother, cut off from her support network in a pandemic, with a poorly baby. I think it most applies here.
THIS. Be kind goes out of the window sometimes.

I feel awful for Kate, and hope her baby is ok and back home soon. I don’t follow her but saw the baby was ill, not sure why she’s getting hated on 🤷‍♀️
She's on her phone and Instagram whilst her baby is probably asleep. I think that's why she's being hated on?.. 😕 they have a contract with MTV. That emma that's with gaz said that MTV told her off cos she wasn't posting when one of the OG episodes were on and she'd been sorting her daughter out at home who was poorly. That's apparently why they quit. So MTV clearly don't give a duck. And if only one parent is allowed into the hospital with Noa, boj will be at home won't he? So there's no reason he can't post.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Maybe in 20 years time Noa won’t find it very kind that her parents sold her privacy for a bit of extra money and fame for a rubbish reality show. Who knows? Honestly I find it so strange that people think it’s acceptable to post your baby online for so many strangers to see.

Reactions: 7
Load of men I know have nicknames using their surname or part of it, I know a few that everyone calls them by their nickname, no relevance to their name at all, why are people making such a big deal. They’ve said before it’s a nickname! 🙄
Well yeah, nobody has said he can’t go by Boj or that it’s weird to go by a nickname. Loads of people do. But when they repeatedly make a massive deal out of keeping his surname private yet his nickname is his surname, it just seems odd.

If he was that bothered about keeping it private, surely you’d use a nickname with no relevance to his name.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well yeah, nobody has said he can’t go by Boj or that it’s weird to go by a nickname. Loads of people do. But when they repeatedly make a massive deal out of keeping his surname private yet his nickname is his surname, it just seems odd.

If he was that bothered about keeping it private, surely you’d use a nickname with no relevance to his name.
I don’t know really (or care), I’m not really that invested about knowing someone’s surname (or their reasons for keeping private) unless I had to write a formal letter to them.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know really (or care), I’m not really that invested about knowing someone’s surname (or their reasons for keeping private) unless I had to write a formal letter to them.
It’s not about what his name is or isn’t. It’s the fact that he’s happy for his daughter’s private life and hospitalisation to be plastered all over the internet (including the tabloids) yet he keeps his own surname private. Privacy for him but not for his daughter who has no say. It’s hypocritical.

3 a&e visits in 3 weeks. Blimey, that will knock the wind out of anyone’s sails. I feel for them. It must be very anxiety provoking. Poor little baby.
I wonder if there’s a time and a place for insta posts though. Just doesn’t sit well.

Maybe she’s struggling with lockdown and needs the support. Maybe she’s struggling being a first time mum and needs other people’s experiences. Maybe she wants to tell the real story before it’s picked up and twisted by the tabloids. However she’s doing it,this is her method of coping. Remember the whole,’be kind’ campaign’? She’s a brand new mother, cut off from her support network in a pandemic, with a poorly baby. I think it most applies here.
So you are believing that this couple have done numerous photo shoots for magazines, hired a doula and allowed the MTV film crew follow them around but they haven't seen their families? 😂😂😂

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Bit harsh - he could well have handed his logins to the social media person at mtv to schedule the posts on his behalf.
A man won't give out his surname but will pass on his private social media log in information? - Doubtful. He posted it himself and yes, probably they have to promote the show, but if this were me I would not have done it at that time. If Kate hadn't have splashed their child plus canula all over her stories then maybe they'd have gotten away with it, but as Kate had posted they were on their way home, in my opinion Mr Martin Bojtos posting when he did was quite unsavoury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
3 a&e visits in 3 weeks. Blimey, that will knock the wind out of anyone’s sails. I feel for them. It must be very anxiety provoking. Poor little baby.
I wonder if there’s a time and a place for insta posts though. Just doesn’t sit well.
I actually feel for her. I wish she wouldnt document it so much and keep some things private in case its something serious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.