Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a monumental shock with my first. Tiredness I’d never known because there is never any catch up time like there would be after a night out in my younger no-responsibilities life. Second time round has not been that shock. I survive on less sleep. Juggling more but nothing is really a shock. But first time, oh god I remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She acts like she's 18....all over the show she pisses me off
This!! She's 40 ffs. The problem is she goes from I'm struggling with being a mum straight into watch my funny mtv show it's brillient. It's crazy to conflate the two. Also it'll be sad for noa to grow up and read how much her mum hated it. It's good to talk, it's important but 200k strangers online probably don't need your crying schedule rammed down their throats.

She is very much one of those women from the 90s who just thinks if she acts like a teenager all the time it means she won't age. Sadly it doesn't work like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really hope she is being genuine about how she is/kinda isn't coping with being a new Mom. I have to say her stories are v triggering for me right now, I absolutely hated those first 6 weeks. Like wanted to pack a bag and run away kinda hated. More like 9 months of it tbh!! So if she is just showing this for clout/upcoming tv show I will have to unfollow.
She based her whole podcast on a lie about not wanting a baby, so I wouldn’t put it past her.
I’m so sorry that her stories are triggering for you. I really hope she isn’t so low as to make them up.

Reactions: 4
I think she is being genuine. Newborn days are a bit of a horror, esp FTM.

This!! She's 40 ffs. The problem is she goes from I'm struggling with being a mum straight into watch my funny mtv show it's brillient. It's crazy to conflate the two. Also it'll be sad for noa to grow up and read how much her mum hated it. It's good to talk, it's important but 200k strangers online probably don't need your crying schedule rammed down their throats.

She is very much one of those women from the 90s who just thinks if she acts like a teenager all the time it means she won't age. Sadly it doesn't work like that.
It's the whole brillient thing....bleeping tiresome!
She's trying to be like she was on big brother when she was about 21

She is genuinely making me scared to have my second even though I've done it all before! I don't remember being that worried with my first, to be fair though I didn't have to take her into hospital or anything!
This.

Although my youngest was in special care for a while (3 weeks) because she was a blue baby, she was my youngest and I was not anywhere near as nervy as Kate clearly is.

I've just seen the baby is back in hospital; but this time Kate didn't say what it was for. Noa is clearly a poorly baby and I will be honest, I don't envy Kate and Boj this at all.

I never thought of Kate as an influencer, probably because the only ads she ever did was for her dogs. But clearly as Boj says all the time - it's all about sales sales sale ..which is a shame, because my attitude to Kate has changed since she had the baby.I don't know why I thought she was above this tacky MTV show, and the constant ads and gifted posted... but I did.

Reactions: 14
This.

Although my youngest was in special care for a while (3 weeks) because she was a blue baby, she was my youngest and I was not anywhere near as nervy as Kate clearly is.

I've just seen the baby is back in hospital; but this time Kate didn't say what it was for. Noa is clearly a poorly baby and I will be honest, I don't envy Kate and Boj this at all.

I never thought of Kate as an influencer, probably because the only ads she ever did was for her dogs. But clearly as Boj says all the time - it's all about sales sales sale ..which is a shame, because my attitude to Kate has changed since she had the baby.I don't know why I thought she was above this tacky MTV show, and the constant ads and gifted posted... but I did.
I think Kate should switch off Insta and concentrate on her little baby. Must be very tough at the moment and having to jump online constantly to update strangers must be very annoying. They can’t be hard up for money so they need to have a hard long think of what’s important to them at the minute.

Reactions: 12
I think she is being genuine. Newborn days are a bit of a horror, esp FTM.
They are, but she is 40 not 20. Has she really had her head that much in the sand for the past 2 decades or is it all for the new podcast and TV show? If I was her as soon as my baby was in special care I'd have cancelled the TV and accepted the contractual consequences.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Back in hospital again with a vague post again.
It’s funny how Boj doesn’t reveal his surname because he wants to keep his privacy but yet the baby doesn’t get the same privilege to any.
with that being said I hope baby Noa is going to be ok .

Reactions: 7
They are, but she is 40 not 20. Has she really had her head that much in the sand for the past 2 decades or is it all for the new podcast and TV show? If I was her as soon as my baby was in special care I'd have cancelled the TV and accepted the contractual consequences.
She’s still a first time mum, whether she’s 20/30/40! It’s hard!

• Heart
She’s still a first time mum, whether she’s 20/30/40! It’s hard!
Of course and I wasn't saying it isn't - but it isn't THAT hard - friggin' teenagers (and my good self) manage it. And there are two of them, when I had both of mine my partner was in Afghanistan, I was on my own, tired, exhausted, no one to walk the dog, or do the washing, or clean the house. But I knew what I was getting myself into when I got pregnant - I don't buy Kate's fake innocence on the matter.

• Angry
I think she did go into a lot of it blind tbh - for example I think she put a post up asking if it's normal for babies to feed for 2 hours at a time. Really hope Noa is ok - must be such a worrying time.

Reactions: 5
Back in hospital again with a vague post again.
It’s funny how Boj doesn’t reveal his surname because he wants to keep his privacy but yet the baby doesn’t get the same privilege to any.
with that being said I hope baby Noa is going to be ok .
I hope she is OK too.. let's hope there isn't anything seriously wrong with her.

I don't feel that Kate needed to update instagram with this news though.

Of course and I wasn't saying it isn't - but it isn't THAT hard - friggin' teenagers (and my good self) manage it. And there are two of them, when I had both of mine my partner was in Afghanistan, I was on my own, tired, exhausted, no one to walk the dog, or do the washing, or clean the house. But I knew what I was getting myself into when I got pregnant - I don't buy Kate's fake innocence on the matter.
I don’t really understand what you meant when you said ‘they are, but she is 40, not 20’ when the previous poster said she was a FTM? I had my first at 21, my last at 32, and my god, both were hard.
Newborn babies are difficult. They’re trying to get to know you, you’re trying to get to know them, and then they get ill and you can’t see anyone (not go wise), because we’re in lockdown, you can’t have visitors etc...

Reactions: 9
I don’t really understand what you meant when you said ‘they are, but she is 40, not 20’ when the previous poster said she was a FTM? I had my first at 21, my last at 32, and my god, both were hard.
Newborn babies are difficult. They’re trying to get to know you, you’re trying to get to know them, and then they get ill and you can’t see anyone (not go wise), because we’re in lockdown, you can’t have visitors etc...
By 40 she has been an auntie (her twin sister has kids) she has been a godparent (to her friends kids) she has been around children. It simply cannot have been that much of a shock as to just how much work new born babies are.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
By 40 she has been an auntie (her twin sister has kids) she has been a godparent (to her friends kids) she has been around children. It simply cannot have been that much of a shock as to just how much work new born babies are.
Completely different. I’d worked in nurseries and babysat from 14, and I still needed help. Nieces/nephews/godkids can always be given back. You don’t have that permanent exhaustion. You do not know exhaustion like it until you have a baby

ETA - I’ve only just started following her, but knew her from big brother days, and I liked her. I don’t really have too much of an opinion on her, but I don’t think it’s fair to dig out a new mum

That makes no difference to how hard it can be! I was a midwife and a lot of my colleagues found the early weeks so difficult! Just because one person didn't find it that difficult doesn't mean the next person can't find it the hardest thing in the world. Noa was in special care after birth which is bloody hard to deal with and then an infection which needed IV antibiotics which trust me are not given lightly in a newborn. They've had a tough ride plus add in the hormone roller coaster, a lot you know can/will happen but until it actually does happen to you, you have no idea how it will affect you. Let's not judge a new mother hey?!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.