Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew it wouldn’t be long before the breastfeeding/leaky boobs/big maternity pants pictures would appear. Honestly it’s like playing instamum bingo and kates nearly got a full house now!
Having a newborn is hard, who knew?! It says something when your whole world has been turned upside down and your crying about something and you think ‘I better get a picture of this for instagram’

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes - every word !!!
And it’s all wrapped up as “ I’m sharing this to make everyone see how hard it is” but that’s not really true , it’s more to do with gaining popularity.

Reactions: 9
I can't imagine being upset, reaching for my phone and taking picture of myself crying.. But I have to say she has been through a LOT. But I can't help but feel I shouldn't be privy to this situation in so much detail.

Reactions: 13
I think you guys are right actually! Everytime I have found things hard the last thing I'd want to do is let the whole world know about it! I think unmumsy mum is the only one who gets things spot on to be honest, she shares but never overshares.

Reactions: 3
Ahhh poor noa, horrible to see her in hospital. Hope she fights off the infection and is home soon. I found the stories so sad.

• Sad
She called 111 and they advised her to go, I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t follow that advice with a newborn baby. An infection could kill a newborn if left untreated.
Don’t you think a&e would have sent them home again if they didn’t think it needed treated? There’s no way they would attempt to put a canula into a tiny baby’s hand 8 times for nothing.

Reactions: 24
I’ve had sepsis, it started from something tiny like that. I don’t take any chances these days and I’d have done exactly what Kate did if it was my baby.

"Kate Lawler is an English television personality, presenter, model and DJ. She became the first female winner of Big Brother UK after winning the third series of the reality series in 2002. Since Big Brother, she has presented various radio shows and is currently the weekday drive-time host on Virgin Radio.

Kate Lawler Instagram

I absolutely love Kate Lawler. I've followed her since her Big Brother win.

Last night she took her new born daughter to A&E for a sore finger. A whitlow. I am at a loss? I know she is a new parent but is clearly feeling out of her depth but a bit to waste NHS services for a sore finger is a bit much.

A bit of germolene and a call to the health visitor was all that was needed. The hospital have admitted the new born and now she has a canula in her hand. I genuinely feel this was a massive over reaction on Kate's part and personally would not have wanted my new born in this situation if I could help it?

Thoughts?

View attachment 456274

View attachment 456278
If the hospital thought it was nothing, then she wouldn’t have been admitted for 24 hrs with a cannula? Was it not later last night? Doctors were probably shut, so she couldn’t go there and 111 told her to take her to A&E. I don’t think this is an overreaction at all! Especially as a new parent. I think this is a bit harsh to be honest

Reactions: 15
I’ve had sepsis, it started from something tiny like that. I don’t take any chances these days and I’d have done exactly what Kate did if it was my baby.
I'm not saying that it couldn't get bad if left, but I think she could have left it to the morning and had a word with the health visitor?

If the hospital thought it was nothing, then she wouldn’t have been admitted for 24 hrs with a cannula? Was it not later last night? Doctors were probably shut, so she couldn’t go there and 111 told her to take her to A&E. I don’t think this is an overreaction at all! Especially as a new parent. I think this is a bit harsh to be honest
I have put myself in her position when I watched the story, but 100% no, I would not have taken my baby (I've had 3) to A&E for a sore finger (especially in a pandemic) which I know is a whitlow. I really like Kate (I really do!) But I'm just astonished at her reaction here.

I'm not saying that it couldn't get bad if left, but I think she could have left it to the morning and had a word with the health visitor?
I wouldn’t take the risk with a newborn, especially not when advised by 111, and they’ve kept her in which is really proof that she needed to be there.

Kate’s been annoying me a bit generally for the last few months, but this I can’t fault her on.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t take the risk with a newborn, especially not when advised by 111, and they’ve kept her in which is really proof that she needed to be there.

Kate’s been annoying me a bit generally for the last few months, but this I can’t fault her on.
She seems to be a very anxious new parent. I get it, I've been there.. But the little one didn't have a temperature, she had a sore finger. I am amazed that the hospital have kept her in at all. Maybe there is something we are not being told but I get the feeling that Kate feels safe in the hospital this is the second time she has taken her back in in 10 days.

Reactions: 2
It sounds over dramatic but leaving it until the morning could be too late. I can’t believe how fast sepsis can develop. It’s not worth the risk.

Reactions: 13
Ahhh poor noa, horrible to see her in hospital. Hope she fights off the infection and is home soon. I found the stories so sad.
Same, poor baby. But did Kate just shoutout a company while her child is in hospital.. Pretty shocked by that tbh! Is nothing sacred!?

She seems to be a very anxious new parent. I get it, I've been there.. But the little one didn't have a temperature, she had a sore finger. I am amazed that the hospital have kept her in at all. Maybe there is something we are not being told but I get the feeling that Kate feels safe in the hospital this is the second time she has taken her back in in 10 days.
I have one of those finger infections in my thumb right now, it is excruciatingat it's peak! Cannot even imagine how sore it is for a baby.

Reactions: 5
Infection in what was a poorly baby at birth isn’t worth the risk, with covid etc they’d have sent her straight home if they weren’t concerned.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.