Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same, poor baby. But did Kate just shoutout a company while her child is in hospital.. Pretty shocked by that tbh! Is nothing sacred!?

I have one of those finger infections in my thumb right now, it is excruciatingat it's peak! Cannot even imagine how sore it is for a baby.
Yeah, they are - I have nail biters and my girls get them from time to time. They are really common. I can help you. Bathe it in warm water, dry it off and pop some antibac cream on it then wrap it in a plaster. Leave it for at least a few hours. It will either pop on its own and start to heal or you will be able to ease the puss out. Either way, wash in warm water, add more cream and another plaster and all will be good in a day or so. It's the pressure of the puss that causes the pain.

And agreed - the company shout out was a bit shocking!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She definitely did the right thing taking Noa to A&E. An infection in a newborn can be fatal

Reactions: 16
Does anyone here follow her?

I didn’t really like her much on Big Brother and stuff she had done on the Radio but I really love her on Insta Stories. Sometimes a bit annoying but I do enjoy them!
She’s really down to earth and normal!
Me! I love her actually! As I said in my first post, I really like her. So much better than the Charlotte Dawson/Stacey Solomons of the world

Reactions: 6
Yeah, they are - I have nail biters and my girls get them from time to time. They are really common. I can help you. Bathe it in warm water, dry it off and pop some antibac cream on it then wrap it in a plaster. Leave it for at least a few hours. It will either pop on its own and start to heal or you will be able to ease the puss out. Either way, wash in warm water, add more cream and another plaster and all will be good in a day or so. It's the pressure of the puss that causes the pain.

And agreed - the company shout out was a bit shocking!
Thanks a mill, I will try this tonight cause I usually leave them to run their course. But with kids stealing my sleep I could do without a throbbing thumb doing the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t follow her anymore & have had my say on how I feel she has changed......
But I’m with her on this an infection in a newborn is not work taking any risks, the old “better to be safe than sorry” & with a 2 week only baby I would not be taking any risks!

Reactions: 11
I don’t follow her anymore & have had my say on how I feel she has changed......
But I’m with her on this an infection in a newborn is not work taking any risks, the old “better to be safe than sorry” & with a 2 week only baby I would not be taking any risks!
Totally agree, the infection looks really bad. But you probably wouldn't be posting pics of the child in hospital and shouting out companies too!? I am shook honestly, there is being an oversharer and then there is having no shame.

Reactions: 10
Totally agree, the infection looks really bad. But you probably wouldn't be posting pics of the child in hospital and shouting out companies too!? I am shook honestly, there is being an oversharer and then there is having no shame.
I agree I was back in hospital with my youngest when he was about 6 days old I was so worried/tired I barely had it in me to communicate with close family to keep them updated so the thought of posting pics on social media or tagging companies I can’t get my head round.

But I’m aware that’s me everyone is different.

I guess though that her sharing affiliate links/ads whilst in hospital is not that much different to, say, her having her laptop there and catching up on work emails if she worked in an office, whilst Noa is asleep.

Reactions: 4
Yes the oversharing and self pity is a bit much, and the undeclared ads - not the time and place really. I feel like I know noa very well and even that feels weird and creepy. She's so cute! Hope all is ok for her.

Reactions: 5
I don’t disagree with Kate with taking her to A&E, she rang 111 and advised her to go so I would have done the same. Whenever I have rang 111 I have had to basically beg them to make me an out of hours appointment even when my 4 month old had a temp and hadn’t fed for nearly 24 hours (he had a double ear infection) so if they tell you to go to A&E you go!
However I wouldn’t be doing stories about it all night and certainly wouldn’t be doing ads from the hospital. Its no better than when people tag themselves in at A&E just for attention 🙄. Great content for an instamum though isn’t it!

Right thing going to A&E but the stories are a bit much.

Hopefully they get a good run at settling enjoying the moment soon, as they seem all over the place. Plus a break from
documenting everything would be a start.

If 111 tell you to take a newborn to A&E then you go. Firstly, because they wouldn’t advise it unless they thought it was necessary. Secondly, if you don’t then they will chase you up and you could be looking at charges of neglect. Kate did absolutely the right thing by taking Noa to A&E. You can’t take any chances with a newborn. The lady on here who keeps saying it’s a whitlow (what the hell is that?)...how do you know what it is? Did you examine Noa? How do you know she didn’t have a temp? Are you medically qualified? It sounds like your older children have had a sore finger and now you are an expert. Bog off.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
If 111 tell you to take a newborn to A&E then you go. Firstly, because they wouldn’t advise it unless they thought it was necessary. Secondly, if you don’t then they will chase you up and you could be looking at charges of neglect. Kate did absolutely the right thing by taking Noa to A&E. You can’t take any chances with a newborn. The lady on here who keeps saying it’s a whitlow (what the hell is that?)...how do you know what it is? Did you examine Noa? How do you know she didn’t have a temp? Are you medically qualified? It sounds like your older children have had a sore finger and now you are an expert. Bog off.
This.

The stories are a lot but I do think she’s very anxious and it’s probably helping by giving her something else to focus on. If Noa is sleeping, there’s not all that much else she can do in the hospital.

Reactions: 9
Taking a newborn to hospital if you have been advised to do so by 111 is absolutely the right thing to do. Posting updates to IG, maybe not so much, but if you are an influencer it must be in your blood 🤷‍♀️. I'm so glad my job is not to share everything I do to the world.....

Reactions: 8
I’ve just googled ‘whitlow’ (never heard of it either) and it’s an infection caused by the herpes virus! Incredibly dangerous in babies 😩

Really? Everyone on this thread are always saying how nice boj is, doesn’t seem that nice to me. Yeah they probably should have some time off Instagram but they can’t now because they got too fame hungry and have a crappy mtv reality show that they have to promote on there. Think they are only reacting like that because they know it’s true.
I quite often think Boj has a nasty side, but to be fair until now he hasn't gone on TV or anything and his 'followers' were really because of Kate

I’ve just googled ‘whitlow’ (never heard of it either) and it’s an infection caused by the herpes virus! Incredibly dangerous in babies 😩
I googled it too and I was amazed that someone on here knew that Noa had contracted herpes. If she does have it, then it is super dangerous and can be fatal. Annabel Karmel did a post on Instagram recently about how her daughter died at a few weeks old from contracting herpes.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I had a whitlow once and became so ill with it I had to go home from work and ended up on massive horse sized antibiotics for a week. In the morning my finger had been a bit sore but by midday the tip of my finger around the nail was swollen so much, my finger looked like a spoon! Poor baby having to have that much pain bless her

Reactions: 5
She did absolutley the right thing calling 111 and following their advice. Being in hospital alone with a newborn is scary and lonely, the instagram stories will have been a distraction and a way of interacting with people to pass the time when Noas asleep. I really can't see the big deal.

Reactions: 10
"Kate Lawler is an English television personality, presenter, model and DJ. She became the first female winner of Big Brother UK after winning the third series of the reality series in 2002. Since Big Brother, she has presented various radio shows and is currently the weekday drive-time host on Virgin Radio.

Kate Lawler Instagram

I absolutely love Kate Lawler. I've followed her since her Big Brother win.

Last night she took her new born daughter to A&E for a sore finger. A whitlow. I am at a loss? I know she is a new parent but is clearly feeling out of her depth but a bit to waste NHS services for a sore finger is a bit much.

A bit of germolene and a call to the health visitor was all that was needed. The hospital have admitted the new born and now she has a canula in her hand. I genuinely feel this was a massive over reaction on Kate's part and personally would not have wanted my new born in this situation if I could help it?

Thoughts?

View attachment 456274

View attachment 456278
First of all your comments are totally judgy, secondly she is a first time mum and babies with infections can lead to more serious things. She did the right thing and dialled 111and they gave this advice. She pays her taxes and more than entitled to use the NHS, this is what THEY advised her to do. Seriously what is wrong with the judgy mum patrol and picking on first time mums for every single thing. No one is the perfect mum, no one and no other mum (or non-parent) has the right to judge another parent for doing what they feel is best, especially when the NHS told her to do exactly this, because they know it can very serious to leave an infection with newborns.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.