Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've googled this but can't find the answer. Where does the nickname Boj actually come from?

His sister uses Boj too.

I'm cringing that others from the show are writing on every comment on Kate and Boj's insta. Jake has replied to EVERYTHING, has he not got a job/baby to be tending to!?

I'm not assed about influencers as such, it's all a job/marketing but they have to be prepared for backlash when engagement is built on being "just like us". I posted about being intrigued how they'd navigate baby privacy in their insta-world....seems the TV programme has answered that question for me.

Reactions: 6
Just googled it and his surname is Bojtos.

And why is he keeping his surname private when he’s happy for photos of his newborn daughter to be plastered all over social media. Odd priorities.

Reactions: 12

And why is he keeping his surname private when he’s happy for photos of his newborn daughter to be plastered all over social media. Odd priorities.
I wondered this too...

Reactions: 3

Absolutely! Selling his daughter’s image and name to the highest bidder, yet keeping his own personal details private. A total bodge.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh I genuinely thought this was in the Rave About section! 🤣 In which case I will go as I’m not up for slagging her off. Bye! 😄
I’m definitely not here to slag her off anyway. I like her. Merely on this thread for the convo. Now with all the gifted gear I can see why people are putting her in the same box of a mumfluencer

She’s tagged Elvie and said elvie curve. It’s not the curve. It’s the main pump. I only know because I bought the elvie myself a few years ago. Yes the cybex pram was gifted too. It does get irritating doesn’t it.

Reactions: 8
One week in and I've unfollowed. I'm not into watching rich mums show off all their freebies. To think she used to always 'not an ad not a spon'. Ha! Also kate, you know the rules love, even if it's gifted you've got to mark every post about your freebie as an #AD. Stop playing silly beggars. Just enjoy your gorgeous baby ffs and stop trying to force boj to be a celeb. He's nice but dull. He's getting on my nerves with his stupid, smug dad posts. Hide your name for privacy reasons, but flash your new born all over the internet for exposure. What a tool.

The whole thing seems to planned, so opportunistic. Dead against having baby, even goes on loose women to comfirm.... Ooh wait, few months down the line she's pregnant with a tv show and 10000 ads. Also the breastfeeding, I hate you say this but A LOT of women start expressing constantly as they think it helps them to lose weight. I work in the nhs and we advise women not to express constantly as it affects supply/ quality.

Also embarrassed for them both with Jake firing shots on their post. If you're gonna sell out then be prepared for the backlash.

Reactions: 16
Absolutely! Selling his daughter’s image and name to the highest bidder, yet keeping his own personal details private. A total bodge.
I love how she made him out to be a run of the mill dell boy style salesman.. He is a friggin director of sales 🤣 I thought he was one of those annoying people who cold call ya asking if you want to buy antivirus software!! Lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I've never listened to the podcast but I kind of feel that she's done people who want children a disservice. All too often those people are told: you'll change your mind when you're older/when you've met the right person/you might not be maternal now but you will when they're here. Kate was pretty clear that she doesn't feel maternal, already loves her dogs as much as if they were her children etc. Now she's had the baby she's posting how she's never loved anyone so much and the baby has basically completed her. If I was one of those people who didn't want children and looked up to her for being so open about it, I'd feel a big disappointed for how she's perfectly fit the narrative of "you'll change your mind eventually". Obviously she's allowed to change her mind about something so big but it's not like they did the podcast for about five years, it was only a couple of years wasn't it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've never listened to the podcast but I kind of feel that she's done people who want children a disservice. All too often those people are told: you'll change your mind when you're older/when you've met the right person/you might not be maternal now but you will when they're here. Kate was pretty clear that she doesn't feel maternal, already loves her dogs as much as if they were her children etc. Now she's had the baby she's posting how she's never loved anyone so much and the baby has basically completed her. If I was one of those people who didn't want children and looked up to her for being so open about it, I'd feel a big disappointed for how she's perfectly fit the narrative of "you'll change your mind eventually". Obviously she's allowed to change her mind about something so big but it's not like they did the podcast for about five years, it was only a couple of years wasn't it.
Spot on! She just used that “don’t want kids” angle to create a little niche for herself. And it’s worked unfortunately.

Reactions: 10
Spot on! She just used that “don’t want kids” angle to create a little niche for herself. And it’s worked unfortunately.
Clever idea to gain attention for the podcast. I doubt she would have been offered tv interviews if it wasn't about a specific subject. If it was just her and Boj talking about life in general it probably would've just disappeared into the massive list of podcasts already available.

I would say she probably expresses because the baby was in ICU and probably had a tube feed for a while.x

Reactions: 1
A year at most, I was pregnant when it start and my child is less than 6 months.

Reactions: 1
Showing their true colours now aren’t they!
I think that’s more about the original poster. Why do people have to leave a nasty comment and then say “unfollowed” like seriously do you they really care, does anyone care, good riddance if anything. Kate has been in the limelight for a while, she may not be super famous and works in an industry that could change at any moment so sometimes she, like many, will grab an opportunity when they can and it’s relevant at the time.

Reactions: 12
I think that’s more about the original poster. Why do people have to leave a nasty comment and then say “unfollowed” like seriously do you they really care, does anyone care, good riddance if anything. Kate has been in the limelight for a while, she may not be super famous and works in an industry that could change at any moment so sometimes she, like many, will grab an opportunity when they can and it’s relevant at the time.
I agree, it’s unnecessary for people to leave rude comments but if they are trying to be influencers (which they are) then they are going to get a lot of that so they probably need to get thicker skin. Why bother commenting back an equally rude comment? Then all their followers start piling on them too which isn’t fair. Boj is apparently really nice but that’s not a very nice thing to do and they know their followers will go after anyone that comments negatively.
These people want engagement with their page but only when everyone is telling them how great they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree regarding the podcast, I think ambivalence around having children is quite an intense thing and it does seem like she changed her mind pretty quickly.

Reactions: 6
Anyone see her latest post? It's good she is being so honest, I don't think anything prepares you for the shock of your first child!

Reactions: 11
Anyone see her latest post? It's good she is being so honest, I don't think anything prepares you for the shock of your first child!
I know bless her, I completely feel for her as been there, like many, and it is hard, it’s like you got hit by a bus doesn’t it and you feel like your all alone, can’t imagine now with all this lockdown going on as well.

Some of the photos she's posted seem a bit too private. Can see a new parenting podcast coming up. Really felt for her after reading her post, but it's an immediate unfollow for me for anyone who photographs themselves crying and puts it online! Sorry but you've told us you've cried, we've seen you cry on stories, the photo is a bit much. Keep it for the family album.

Reactions: 11
Some of the photos she's posted seem a bit too private. Can see a new parenting podcast coming up. Really felt for her after reading her post, but it's an immediate unfollow for me for anyone who photographs themselves crying and puts it online! Sorry but you've told us you've cried, we've seen you cry on stories, the photo is a bit much. Keep it for the family album.
Everyone knows having a baby is hard, it’s not groundbreaking information. People like the unmumsy mum have been on top of this narrative to many years. This kind of post is 5ish years out of date, she’s not saying anything new. She just looks like she’s exploiting her daughter with all those intimate pictures she’s sharing.
(I have twins so I KNOW how difficult it is, but I didn’t need to post any photos of me crying for the world to see).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.