Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought pregnant women were allowed to have a small drink?

All the crying about not being able to have her partner at the birth. It's bloody awful, but she chose to get pregnant during a pandemic, and that too opting for a c section which is higher risk surgery. I wonder why she said she's so scared of giving birth? It's sad that she's terrified of something she's never experienced. I hope her fella can be at the birth, having a c section alone will be absolutely awful.

Reactions: 9
If she has in fact had a glass of red wine in her third trimester sheā€™ll have done no damage.
As for her fear of giving birth I have the same fear. Most people that fear something have never experienced said fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is she having a glass of wine?? Iā€™m shocked! Some might think itā€™s ok (personally, I donā€™t think even one glass is ok), but regardless of whether you think its ok or not, thereā€™s absolutely no need to broadcast it to her followers. And having a glass because sheā€™s ā€˜stressedā€™ too - the message from mindfulbirthgroup that seemed to ease her worry was actually sent hours before she uploaded her having a glass of wine?!

Reactions: 7
Sheā€™s confirmed she has a huge phobia about giving birth, so there is the reason for the c section.

if it is indeed alcohol in the glass then itā€™s a unit worth. I donā€™t think thereā€™s going to be any damage to the child with a unit of alcohol.

I really feel for pregnant woman who have and may have to give birth without any support.

Reactions: 12
Drinking when preggers is a NO from me for me personally. It is deemed ok for a small drink in 3rd but keep it to your bloody self. I had 2 tee total pregancies as I felt it was the right thing to do. But even if I did have a drink I would not share it on socials..

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve had two sections and know I would be ā€œokā€ alone if I had to again, but she has not yet so no wonder she was upset at the prospect of it.
Donā€™t believe any damage has been done from a one-off small red. Now if she did every night Iā€™d be concerned.

Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve had two sections and know I would be ā€œokā€ alone if I had to again, but she has not yet so no wonder she was upset at the prospect of it.
Donā€™t believe any damage has been done from a one-off small red. Now if she did every night Iā€™d be concerned.
Same Iā€™ve had 2 sections & me personally I know I would of been fine without my husband there but I šŸ’Æ understand why most people wouldnā€™t be.

That said we were well into a pandemic when she chose to get pregnant so there was always a chance this might happen.

Reactions: 2
I am the same ladies. My Husband was pure useless at my first birth god love him. I don't even remember him being there. Second time round I went hospital for all appointments alone (2020 baby) neither of us cared. If he couldn't come to birth second time round I didn't mind (he did of course). The only person I wanted there 100% was the anaesthetist šŸ¤£ But I have to say he got more involved on second delivery, on the orders of the midwives lol.

But I know people feel they cannot or don't want to do it alone. That must be v scary! But we are warriors šŸ’Ŗ

Reactions: 3
I think itā€™s really sad that not one person in maternity services has been able to help her work through her anxiety about a natural birth. Why on earth is she doing hypnobirthing classes for a c-section?

• Heart
I think itā€™s really sad that not one person in maternity services has been able to help her work through her anxiety about a natural birth. Why on earth is she doing hypnobirthing classes for a c-section?
Listening to podcast, noone even tried. Said due to her age, which is 40 she is a candidate for section. It is a sad state of affairs that major surgery is deemed safer than a vaginal birth.

• Heart
Listening to podcast, noone even tried. Said due to her age, which is 40 she is a candidate for section. It is a sad state of affairs that major surgery is deemed safer than a vaginal birth.
Like I said before,a fit healthy 40 year old will labour as well as any younger woman! Iā€™ve got a 49 year old woman on my books and a C-section hasnā€™t been mentioned at all!!

• Heart
I was under consultant care during my first pregnancy and she was super, super strict but even she said it would be ok for me to have one glass of champagne on NYE if I wanted. (I didn't)

I really like Kate she's one of my faves on Instagram.

I like Kate too.

And how they are taking contact tracing seriously. General Covid outlook.

Reactions: 9
Having one small glass of wine in your 3rd trimester is absolutely fine. It was a tiny glass & the baby will be fine. Stress hormones are worse, so if it relaxes her then no harm done.

Reactions: 17
How come she's allowed a camera crew in her home if they're both self isolating?
She said self isolating finished today but I'm absolutely sure it's not 10 days since she posted they were having to?

She said self isolating finished today but I'm absolutely sure it's not 10 days since she posted they were having to?
Her post from 4 days ago said they were both pinned by NHS trace on the day she went into hospital.

The app tells you now many days to isolate for- itā€™s not always 10 Iā€™m hearing.

Isolation or not I donā€™t quite understand how vital the thing was today, having anyone in your house is a bit concerning at the best of times during this pandemic so what this filming is for Iā€™m wondering. The guy walked right past her as well. Thatā€™s not Covid safe, mask or not. He should have said I need to get past, Kate move, then he move past etc.

I really like Kate, one of my favourite people on Instagram.

I had no idea who she was from Big Brother or anything, I found her through Virgin Radio.

I really like her podcast too, especially the first series. We'd just got married and was starting to think about a baby when she started it. I preferred it to other mummy podcasts because she was honest about not knowing if she wanted a baby which is a side you don't hear from as much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.