Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love her!
Not an ad, not a spon, I just bloody love her 😂

i love that whilst she’s clearly very slim and body conscious she also eats like a horse. None of that prep meals crap. She probably doesn’t snack much but I love the way she tucks in

I agree with prev poster about dogs after kids. My dd was 19 when we got our dog and omg. She IS my favourite child 🐕
I’d hate to have done it the other way round
(Just yo be clear obvs love dd way more but she’s 22 & left home & doggy is my best best child now 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
No shade, but why is she always on about an abdominal birth? It's a c section, an elective one. Nothing wrong if that's what you've chosen to do, as long as mum and baby are safe that's the main thing. She's very prickly about using the term c section, as if it's got some stigma to it, when it doesn't have, it's a medical term used for decades.

Also find it very odd that some first time mums opt straight away for a c section with their first, yes it's painful but it can also be a very rewarding life experience. It makes me sad that some women feel so terrified that they opt for major surgery. Maternity services need more funding so women are educated about birth options and any fears not grounded in real experience are discussed and treated. Having a major op during covid is going to add another level of complexity to her birth, which could in reality be straightforward if it's 'natural'. I speak as someone working in the nhs, I know our trust is completely inundated with women wanting elective sections for their first birth and with hospitals in the state they're currently in due to covid its a logistical nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m sure she said her age was a factor too in the overall decision. If I was 40 and having my first baby I probably would do the same.

I’m sure she said her age was a factor too in the overall decision. If I was 40 and having my first baby I probably would do the same.
Midwife here. There's actually no reason why a very fit, healthy 40 year old would have a risky labour at all. A C-section actually carries way more risk, it’s major surgery. No criticism to Kate if this is what she has chosen for whatever reason, but her age needn’t have been a factor really.

Reactions: 23
She is super fit though. She’s got a better body that I have ever had 😂
I gave birth 8 weeks ago and I’d do it all again tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not pleasant but I was out of hospital the same day and up walking around the next day as normal. I don’t think I could opt for a major operation by choice.

Reactions: 6
Is it a postcode thing? I have 4 children and c section was only an option if baby was breech or for medical reasons..

Reactions: 2
No shade, but why is she always on about an abdominal birth? It's a c section, an elective one. Nothing wrong if that's what you've chosen to do, as long as mum and baby are safe that's the main thing. She's very prickly about using the term c section, as if it's got some stigma to it, when it doesn't have, it's a medical term used for decades.

Also find it very odd that some first time mums opt straight away for a c section with their first, yes it's painful but it can also be a very rewarding life experience. It makes me sad that some women feel so terrified that they opt for major surgery. Maternity services need more funding so women are educated about birth options and any fears not grounded in real experience are discussed and treated. Having a major op during covid is going to add another level of complexity to her birth, which could in reality be straightforward if it's 'natural'. I speak as someone working in the nhs, I know our trust is completely inundated with women wanting elective sections for their first birth and with hospitals in the state they're currently in due to covid its a logistical nightmare.
I think she said that because she has been doing a hypnobirthing course and they encourage the term abdominal birth rather than c section. Same way they encourage the term surges rather than contractions. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m 30 and I don’t have children. I hope I will have at least one at some point, but I will be having a elective c section I think part of this is yep you need to be taught about birth and obviously birthing videos help to prevent teen pregnancy (allegedly) but it put the fear of god in me. I can’t be in the room if there’s any form of birthing on the tv or hear conversations. I would genuinely not be able to sleep a whole pregnancy the stress would be unreal.
maybe we were better off not knowing it all till we actually gave birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had an elective C section due to a breech baby & it broke my heart & I think contributed to my PND I was desperate to at least try for a natural birth but it was not an option.
I suspect maybe she is paying privately ?
I may be wrong but I didn’t think you could just say you want a C Section on the NHS without a medical reason why? I may be completely wrong though.

Having an emergency c section(abdominal birth lol) crushed me and made me go into depths of PND a PTSD. I am hoping an elective section is different for her and she doesn't regret it. I personally cannot understand someone opting for a c section but she has her reasons. She blamed a low lying placenta briefly but that has risen.

I had a VBAC on my second and it was the most beautiful experience of my life. I cannot think about it without getting goosebumps. I feel v v lucky to have experienced a vaginal birth after such a traumatic birth, which tbh was very hard to recover from mentally and physically. I was super fit and a few years younger than Kate having my first and a section is no joke!!

I don't mean to sound bad but I have no idea why you would feel the need to do hypnobirthing for a planned c section.

Reactions: 9
Yes i don't think you need to meditate and do all the breathing exercises for an elective c section. It's very medical in its nature. I think Kate wants all the prep of a natural birth but none of the pain. As she's 40 maybe she felt it was less risky to have a c section, I know in our trust most new mums are requesting electives irrespective of age and circumstances.

3 natural, lovely births here. I wasn’t going to comment as I’m a lurker on this thread but I wanted those reading to hear about how peaceful and empowering a natural birth can be.

There are elements that are painful of course but that’s not what I remember of my experiences.

Of course a c-section has its place when needed but I cannot understand why anyone would choose it if there isn’t a medical need. Days after my natural births I was up and about as before. There is exceptions of course where there are complications.

Many many women have positive births and we hear less about those for some reason.

It’s not something to be frightened of and I encourage anyone reading who is scared of birth, to type in to YouTube peaceful home birth and watch some!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another lurker here. I'm a bit confused about the elective C-section thing - I assumed kate would be doing it privately, but do some NHS trusts offer it as a option for first time mums? I had one for my second pregnancy, but it was only offered to me because I had a third degree tear during my first childbirth. And even then, it was stressed that it certainly wasn't the easy option and still carried lots of risks

I like Kate and I'm happy that she is doing it the way she wants to, but I can't help but think the whole 'abdominal birth' thing and the way she talks about it could give the wrong impression - of course it all depends on individual circumstances, but surely for most first time mums, a vaginal delivery is still by far the safest option and for most a elective c section would carry more risks

Reactions: 7
I had quite a traumatic birth with my first, lots of complications and interventions and my baby was very unwell when they were born, however it was the most empowering experience of my life. I can’t describe the feeling I had afterwards (once I knew my baby was ok) I literally felt like I could do anything!
Even after this with my first labour I wasn’t allowed to choose a c-section (not that I wanted to) but ended up having an emergency c-section anyway. So unless she is going private I’m a bit confused that she can choose an elective c-section without a medical reason.

please anyone correct me if I am wrong but I’m sure I read different hospitals have different policies on elective c sections. If you speak to your midwife and explain your issues, most will put you forward for elective.

Reactions: 1
It could vary trust-trust but my experience of midwives has always been quite ‘no nonsense’... my second baby was on track for being massive and my midwife was very dismissive of my anxieties. Not even in a bad way, she just didn’t have time to listen to me nattering on about it. My birth was fine anyway despite my baby’s size.

I get the impression if I had gone into my antenatal appointments saying ‘c section please!’ I’d of been laughed out of the room 😬

Reactions: 5
She's a bit too 'not like the other girls' for my liking, plus I thought she was a mean girl on BB.

I had an elective c section on the NHS and I would have another one if I ever had a second child. I suffer with a huge huge fear of being internally examined . Which is something I would have not managed in labour and the thought alone gave me a lot of mental torture. It’s a deeply personal issue and not one people really understand but that was my reason for opting for the c section. Perhaps Kate has similar reasons or her own personal reasons. She hasn’t gone into much detail but I didn’t either as I felt very judged by people and like I was making a fuss but I genuinely can’t be examined and it triggers awful pain and panic in me.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely love her, one of the few celebs/influencers who I actually enjoy following. She’s probably matured a lot since big brother in terms of her coming across quite mean. I’d like to think I’m a much better version of myself than I was in my 20s!
Also don’t really have an opinion on her choices regarding her birth plan - her body her choice - I’m sure she’s well informed and seems to have her head screwed on.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.