Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching her stories made me cry too - the pandemic sucks for everyone but it’s really hard when you’re having a baby.
I don’t judge her for the childbirth choices. For what it’s worth I had one of each type of birth and would opt for an elective c-sec were I to have another.

Reactions: 10
It’s really worth keeping in mind why a woman might be scared of giving birth before making any judgments. Keep in mind that a woman may have experienced some form of sexual abuse and the thought of a stranger internally examining them throughout labour could be extremely traumatic and triggering experience for them which could increase an already very vunerble person at greater risk of PND or PTSD. I’m not saying this is Kate’s reasons for wanting a c-section but I know women who have dealt with the above. I’m sure Kate has her own valid reasons which shouldn’t be dismissed.

To say that a woman shouldn’t be allowed a c section on the NHS is a bitchy and bloody mean thing to say. Take into consideration that, a woman is a person with rights to a birth that makes her feel as safe as possible. I frankly say piss right off to all those suggesting anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s really worth keeping in mind why a woman might be scared of giving birth before making any judgments. Keep in mind that a woman may have experienced some form of sexual abuse and the thought of a stranger internally examining them throughout labour could be extremely traumatic and triggering experience for them which could increase an already very vunerble person at greater risk of PND or PTSD. I’m not saying this is Kate’s reasons for wanting a c-section but I know women who have dealt with the above. I’m sure Kate has her own valid reasons which shouldn’t be dismissed.

To say that a woman shouldn’t be allowed a c section on the NHS is a bitchy and bloody mean thing to say. Take into consideration that, a woman is a person with rights to a birth that makes her feel as safe as possible. I frankly say piss right off to all those suggesting anything else.
I'm not being bitchy. The NHS are on it's knees dealing with Covid. A C Sections costs thousands. Kate has money, I think she should go private unless there is a valid medical reason she can't give birth naturally.

Reactions: 6
I'm not being bitchy. The NHS are on it's knees dealing with Covid. A C Sections costs thousands. Kate has money, I think she should go private unless there is a valid medical reason she can't give birth naturally.
well all I can say is THANK god it’s people like you that aren’t in charge of making decisions for people like me and Kate. Regardless of anyone’s financial situation a tax paying citizen should be entitled to a safe choice of delivery for the birth of their child on the NHS and if that choice for whatever reason is a c section, then so be it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Ahh jees, don’t go after pregnant ladies opting for c-sections for their births regarding cost saving- look at gov funding, all the useless middle management which exists. Same could be said for a huge proportion of fatties not looking after their health for years and inflicting type 2 diabetes (and the rest) onto themselves. Being obese costs the NHS millions it could do without.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Ahh jees, don’t go after pregnant ladies opting for c-sections for their births regarding cost saving- look at gov funding, all the useless middle management which exists. Same could be said for a huge proportion of fatties not looking after their health for years and inflicting type 2 diabetes (and the rest) onto themselves. Being obese costs the NHS millions it could do without.
Now that I agree with! <waits to get lynched>

• Haha
I don't think she has a lot of money, they live in a rental considering she has been famous for nearly 20 years it's probably a steady normal ish income they have

I don't think she has a lot of money, they live in a rental considering she has been famous for nearly 20 years it's probably a steady normal ish income they have
They've just bought a great big 3 or 4 bedroom house in London, they don't rent !

Reactions: 17
Ah really, I'm sure she said they got the keys and it sounded like a quick process so assumed it was rented

She said big brother allowed her to buy her first flat at 21. Sounds like the handsome has quite a good job too. I don’t think they are loaded just both on decent wages.

Reactions: 5
Yeah they’ve bought the house. She bought her London flat very young so probably had a big chunk of equity plus a large deposit. I imagine both jobs are well paid and so they’re comfortable. The house looks lovely.

Did she say the year before she never wanted children and was working hard to break the stigma? Am I thinking of someone else?

Does anyone know what work she's had done since BB? She looks different but I'm not sure why. New teeth and boobs for a start?
Lips

Why does she say not an AD or a spon, and in the next breath tell us it's a gift. Is she thick, ASA rules state that a gift is an AD. Same with any discounted products. They have to declared ads if you put them on your Insta.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else hate all the dark blue in the house. Beautiful house but I'm not a fan of the colours she's using. Doors doorframes fireplace all dark blue 😬 like the sofa though 😄

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else hate all the dark blue in the house. Beautiful house but I'm not a fan of the colours she's using. Doors doorframes fireplace all dark blue 😬 like the sofa though 😄
It’s not for me as I always think too much dark can make rooms look smaller and dingy but they have a huge house so probably don’t have to worry. It looks really nice, but probably not what I would choose. Then again I’m not a fan of the grey look with crushed velvet sofas that most people are sporting these days.

Reactions: 5
As women, if we sit here and tell other women what to do with their bodies then it just makes it ok for men to tell us what to do with our bodies.
She can do what she wants. And I really cba with the pregnancy drinking police 😭 She's a grown woman, she's probably feeling more anxious than she ever has before, she's pregnant and hormonal. She will have weighed up the pros and cons of having a glass or red to calm down.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The only fear I had aside from it not being v good for baby obv. Imagine going into labour and having alcohol in your sustem 😱 I didn't drink anything even at baby shower pre covid and it was hard let me tell ya. But I was ripe for delivery and it wasn't worth the anxiety. But you are right @Chipstiz To each their own!

Having had a c section due to a life or death situation for both of us which also turned into a distaster - I don’t know how many people I have wanted to actually knock out when they dare suggest it was the easy option.
Including my own mother.
I hope she doesn’t regret it.
I am in the other camp where I would love to have had the opportunity to do it ‘the other way’.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.