Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some twats people say that you don’t “give birth” by c section because it’s a passive process rather than an active one, hence the move to call it “abdominal birth”. Some women find it so hurtful to be criticised and it fuels a feeling that they failed at giving birth naturally.

Having given birth both ways, as it were, let me tell you that a c section was the most positive experience imaginable, whereas the natural birth was a shitshow, and I literally could not care less if other people think a c section is too posh to push etc.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
But it’s not normalising it to call it by a different name is it? I’m not really sure I buy the whole being terrified of a natural birth. Show me any first time mum who isn’t terrified of giving birth!

Reactions: 7
But it’s not normalising it to call it by a different name is it? I’m not really sure I buy the whole being terrified of a natural birth. Show me any first time mum who isn’t terrified of giving birth!
Tokophobia, fear of giving birth is real. There’s a difference between feeling scared/anxious and so fearful you want to avoid it altogether.

Maybe normalising is the wrong word - softening it? Acknowledging it is birth?

Reactions: 10
I’d have to do a search, I imagine it’s because some people think/say that a caesarean isn’t a real birth? Remove some stigma maybe? A vaginal birth is called that, maybe it’s trying to normalise a CS? I’m not sure.
It's called an abdominal birth in hypno birthing. No idea why
Why does she call it that?
Hypno birthing call contractions 'surges' it's a form of self hypnosis. They call c sections abdominal births and have different names for all sorts. Works for some people but not for others (aka me 🤣). I did it for my first baby as I was lead to believe it helped with a pain free labour I couldn't have been more wrong! 🤣

Reactions: 4
I hate the anger about calling a normal vaginal birth 'natural birth'. Nothing wrong with calling it that. Nothing wrong with calling a c section a section. Both involve giving birth. Both equally important. Vaginal births are called natural birth because medically that's considered the natural way a body designed to birth a baby. I've had vaginal births and an emergency section so I'm not judging, but there is so much bloody stigma now if you call a vaginal birth a natural birth. It's bonkers.

Reactions: 12
It's called an abdominal birth in hypno birthing. No idea why
Hypno birthing call contractions 'surges' it's a form of self hypnosis. They call c sections abdominal births and have different names for all sorts. Works for some people but not for others (aka me 🤣). I did it for my first baby as I was lead to believe it helped with a pain free labour I couldn't have been more wrong! 🤣
It wasn’t on my course!

I did hypnobirthing and loved it but nothing can guarantee a pain free labour! It bleeping hurt!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've thought from the moment I saw Noa that something isn't right, call it intuition.

Reactions: 1
The abdominal birth thing, on my discharge and medical notes it said abdominal birth. My HV said its because some people find it easier to understand.... duck knows why.

Reactions: 4
I loved Kate on Big Brother but she needs to grow up now.
Why is she constantly putting on stupid voices? The main one being an aggressive Cockney man. I don't even know what her natural voice sounds like.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.