Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I do understand that, but how crazy is it that a woman whilst pregnant can’t see her family. It’s not exactly ESSENTIAL work is it. Maybe her parents could get employed by the tv crew and then they’d be “allowed”
According to the DCMS dept the media (journalism,tv etc) is deemed as essential during all this but yes it’s ridiculous that she (and all of us) can’t see family but other things can carry on!!

Reactions: 1
I haven’t read much into it but my husband said he thinks entertainment like TV shows are going ahead (in various levels of safety) so that TV shows can continue to be made for us - deemed essential for mental health and wellbeing and I do agree with that tbh. Worldwide film-making has definitely been hit hard last year, not much has been made, as at least tv shows can mention it within the shows - and you can see shows like Taskmaster they’re all sat apart so it’s acknowledged. The soaps nearly did run out of prerecorded episodes. I know they’re not important to some people, but the entertainment industry is vital. Dialogue in them refers to the virus and masks thus don’t have to be explained. Harder in films to do and the film story line won’t want to mention a pandemic as it won’t be applicable to the story so harder to do.
I’ve thought long and hard about why each rule is in place and i now get it more. As frustrating as it is. A film crew in your house isn’t going to get close anyway as it’s more of a business friendship. I can imagine it clearly - if your mum comes round you’re more likely to forget about the distance and get close, you’ve had decades of contact after all, it’s natural to get close. No idea what this tv show is they’re doing, personally I wouldn’t wanna risk or bother with it if I was about to go into hospital for a baby.

Reactions: 9
As much as I like Kate I find it odd that she's announced her c section date on Instagram.

She's going to have so many people/strangers messaging her on the day and day after.

We didn't tell anyone, even family, when I was being induced. If I was having an elective c section I think I'd only tell immediate family.

It's nice to be able to get on with giving birth and have that time after as a family before you tell people. I didn't want to deal with messages from family.

Reactions: 5
This has probably been mentioned here already, but WHY does she keep calling it an ‘abdominal birth’? What’s wrong with Caesarian section? I had a c section and I think abdominal birth sounds so wanky.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This has probably been mentioned here already, but WHY does she keep calling it an ‘abdominal birth’? What’s wrong with Caesarian section? I had a c section and I think abdominal birth sounds so wanky.
She has mentioned it previously why, a lot of hypnobirthing (she did some last year) say to call it this as technically this is exactly what it is. I’ve heard others in the past refer to it as that and since as well.

Reactions: 2
Fingers crossed all goes well for her today. Looking forward to her maybe taking a break from the pet stuff adverts! She's been hammering it lately. Hopefully she'll take a slight break from social media for a while - or at least post a bit less - it's starting to look like Boj is getting the hump with her always filming him cooking/dinner etc. I would be tbh!!

Reactions: 6
I thought if your waters break then bubba is making their way into the world, why would they stop this and do a caesarean?

Reactions: 4
I thought if your waters break then bubba is making their way into the world, why would they stop this and do a caesarean?
Stop what? There’s no way to stop it. You can lose your waters gradually over many hours. My first was this way and I ended up with an emergency csection 12 hours later.

so excited for her!

Reactions: 5
She doesn’t want a vaginal birth and has planned a elective c section so they’ll offer her the choice but she may well opt to go ahead with the c section anyway.

Stop what? There’s no way to stop it. You can lose your waters gradually over many hours. My first was this way and I ended up with an emergency csection 12 hours later.

so excited for her!
Maybe I shouldn’t have presumed she was in labour.
Makes me sad thinking of her in there without Boj with her. Hopefully he can be with her soon.

Reactions: 2
People’s waters can break weeks, even months in advance, doesn’t mean you go straight in to labour. This happened to my friend a week before her planned CS due to health complications, but nothing happened and she had her CS that day and baby arrived safely.

People’s waters can break weeks, even months in advance, doesn’t mean you go straight in to labour. This happened to my friend a week before her planned CS due to health complications, but nothing happened and she had her CS that day and baby arrived safely.
That’s good hear.

Yes mine nothing happened either, no sign of contractions, nada, but they determined baby was in distress so I had to stay and be induced which failed spectacularly, baby distressed even more and I ended with emcs.
I can’t wait for her news now!!!!!!

thinking of all the families doing this during a pandemic!

I always had a fear of a vaginal birth and it scared me a lot, so much that I delayed getting pregnant until I was 34. I never thought asking for one for this reason would be accepted. I was prepared to go through with it, but in the end I ended up with a section (baby in distress), I do regret I had to have it under general anaesthesia (was no time for a spinal block). However I think I always knew in a way I would end up with a c-section? as for the recovery, keeping active is the key in my opinion. I don't like lying around in bed all day so I was up and about, I think it really helped with my healing.

As for the dogs, they are going to take a back seat - it's inevitable. I love my cats, but the love for your child takes over. I told myself it wouldn't, but it does. Told myself I'd never lock the cats out of a room, I do that now. It just changes your perspective so much. I still love them (obviously) but it's definitely a different type of love.

Edit: I see Kate's waters broke this morning!

Does anyone know why she’s having a c section?
Fear of a vaginal birth I believe.

Last edited:
Ahh I'm so excited for her, I just hope it all works out ( that Boj can be with her and she has the c-section she wants!)

It brings back so many memories of the excitement of going into labour with your first. Hope all goes well for them today. At my trust if you go into natural labour you're very unlikely to have a planned section as currently it would be impossible to get ypu into theatre, it's full of emergencies sadly.

I hope she does take a break to enjoy her little family. They've spent the last year trying desperately to make her and especially boj happen. He's a lovely guy but don't think he's star tv material. Excited for their new baby though.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.