Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PND is no excuse for straight neglecting your kid just saying. Poor Noa was so unwell as a newborn and she'll end up with a cold-related illness if Kate isn't careful. Cue posts of her whinging about being up all night with a snotty baby who won't settle.

Reactions: 3
PND is varied and very complex. It gets dismissed all too easy if it doesnt look like what you think PND is, or what it was for you etc. Unfortunately, some kids do get neglected due to it. Same way some kids get harmed due to it. Some kids are smothered (poor choice of word, sorry) with love and the mothers anxiety. It feels different for all.

I think its really strong to suggest she is neglecting Noa though. I think the emotional connection looks to be really lacking, but Noa looks well and healthy.

Reactions: 18
Haha the song about Noa not wanting to breastfeed anymore, it’s clearly because she prefers siobhan, she probably gets more love and attention from her.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
PND is no excuse for straight neglecting your kid just saying.
I don’t know, PND can have a lot of different symptoms but it can totally make her feel like she hasn’t any attachment or even dark thoughts toward Noa. It can make you do very strange things. Even want the baby to get poorly so they will be cared for elsewhere.

I think neglect is too strong - a night doula might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is providing care in a round about way rather than leaving her alone to cry it out all night.

Reactions: 8
You'd think Siobhan would be supporting her with bonding with Noa. If Kate is ready to hear it and accept it, of course. Parenting looks different for all, but its clear she has struggled with Noa

I don’t know, PND can have a lot of different symptoms but it can totally make her feel like she hasn’t any attachment or even dark thoughts toward Noa. It can make you do very strange things. Even want the baby to get poorly so they will be cared for elsewhere.

I think neglect is too strong - a night doula might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is providing care in a round about way rather than leaving her alone to cry it out all night.
There was a time, during my PND, that still makes my blood run cold. My eldest had run out of the play cafe we were in, I knew i hadnt checked on him as his Dad was there (i felt relieved i was off the hook from being 'mum' and catching up with friends). When he asked where our boy was, i was worried but i didnt react. I just sat there, anxious but detached. My son had run out towards a busy road and someone stopped him in time. It bleeping breaks my heart now. But at the time, i remember how detached I was about it all. Its bleeping awful what your mind can do. I have a lot of guilt about those early years, but hardly anyone knew. I havent actually discussed that incident with anyone because I feel so awful about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
You'd think Siobhan would be supporting her with bonding with Noa. If Kate is ready to hear it and accept it, of course. Parenting looks different for all, but its clear she has struggled with Noa

There was a time, during my PND, that still makes my blood run cold. My eldest had run out of the play cafe we were in, I knew i hadnt checked on him as his Dad was there (i felt relieved i was off the hook from being 'mum' and catching up with friends). When he asked where our boy was, i was worried but i didnt react. I just sat there, anxious but detached. My son had run out towards a busy road and someone stopped him in time. It bleeping breaks my heart now. But at the time, i remember how detached I was about it all. Its bleeping awful what your mind can do. I have a lot of guilt about those early years, but hardly anyone knew. I havent actually discussed that incident with anyone because I feel so awful about it.
That must be so hard to look back on but totally sounds like what PND can do to your mind. It is so messed up but so common and terrible to experience!! Try not feel guilty about it, easier said than done ❤ I used to mouth the words to my child "I hate you" and make them cry as my face must have been scary to look at 😣 I feel so terrible about it now that I idolise them!

I know PND can manifest itself different in everyone. But the thought of shouting down my phone and taking loads of videos whilst in depths of it is just beyond me. That is why I think Kate is bad, not mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know PND can manifest itself different in everyone. But the thought of shouting down my phone and taking loads of videos whilst in depths of it is just beyond me. That is why I think Kate is bad, not mad!
She comes off almost manic, the way she’s so abrasive and in your face - never just energised and fun but like a shouty whirlwind. Is it for the gram because I can’t imagine how exhausting it must be to be like that constantly? She has no subtlety or quiet tone, she even shout whispers. If she is like that all the time, it isn’t really compatible with communicating with a baby.

Reactions: 10
That must be so hard to look back on but totally sounds like what PND can do to your mind. It is so messed up but so common and terrible to experience!! Try not feel guilty about it, easier said than done ❤ I used to mouth the words to my child "I hate you" and make them cry as my face must have been scary to look at 😣 I feel so terrible about it now that I idolise them!

Oh bless you ❤

Yeah, I totally get why people wouldnt think its PND. Theres attachment issues there, and its on Kate to change that. You cant ignore it forever

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think I would genuinely have more sympathy and understanding to her situation with exhaustion if when the night nanny came they both went straight to sleep and you could see the relief as soon as their heads hit the pillows. That’s not what I see though.

I see a couple happier when away from their daughter, where they can resume their old childlike ways, chat non stop on Instagram stories, go golfing, go for trips out to Pilates, laughing away on their phones instead of cuddling their precious baby. Appearing to do anything but just be with their baby each night. If I saw a genuine desperate need to just sleep and rest when they had help that would be more understandable. However, it sadly does appear that they need it to have their breaks from her to be the old them.

The before and after pictures; we get it Kate you looked a hell of a lot happier before. The after pictures are the truly wonderful ones because little Noa is there. She is such a beautiful little thing 😞 It’s sad that there is such little warmth there; just shouty songs and shouty phrases 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 30
Why would you brag about someone else looking after your baby??
If anything, he is worse as he wanted the baby in the first place!!! You see your partner is struggling so you step up.
I just don’t get it/ and if she was my friend I’d be really concerned

Reactions: 13
You really need to form a bond with Noa at night more because as soon as the hired help has gone,you will struggle!
You think its bad now kate.
I think you will be in for a big shock!!
I'm really shocked about the vs picture,shes almost implying her life is ruined now

Why isn’t Boj able to look after Noa during any part of the morning or afternoon so that Kate can jump in the shower? 🤯

Reactions: 13
I don't follow her but fell into this thread. She's obv not bonded with the baby, and at the age her baby is it's not just (the very normal) case of early days and hormones not yet kicked in properly, she clearly has no interest in being a parent. She's like an aunt, yeah she's loves the baby, but she just doesn't want to be her parent. Sad all round, but her own doing.

Why aren’t her management stepping in and telling her she is alienating herself from any follower who has ever been a parent?? She is not relatable to any Mother/Father with her complete unwillingness to do her job!

She’s already lost followers and the longer she continues to pay someone to Mother her child, the more followers she will lose.
She's not remotely relatable to non-parents either. I'm not particularly maternal and am childless by choice, but Noa is the most beautiful wee thing and I'm really saddened by her parents behaviour.

Reactions: 12
Why isn’t Boj able to look after Noa during any part of the morning or afternoon so that Kate can jump in the shower? 🤯
Yes precisely. She has help there all the time. Having a shower while my husband was home and to be fair even when he wasn't was a must to make me feel human. I'd pop baby near me in the bathroom and have a quick shower if she was up and awake. If she was asleep I'd have the monitor with me incase she woke. Either way she was always near me and a daily shower was possible.

I've unfollowed her now. I know with parenting it's a a case of each to their own, but the night nanny thing for such a young baby is something I just can't relate to at all. On the one hand, it's refreshing to see a celeb be completely honest about relying on childcare, but... they're both at home, they don't have any other kids to look after and it does seem to be hindering her bonding with her daughter. Just, why?

I mostly just feel sad for them, because once Kate goes back to work, this chance to just fully immerse herself in the baby bubble will have passed. Hopefully she can learn to adapt to her change in lifestyle in time and see the positives🤷

The baby is never dressed properly. Again, if Kate was a young girl on a council estate, people would be a lot quicker to call neglect.

Dressed properly?
Have I missed that ?
There were, i think, two? times people felt Noa wasnt covered up enough. I mean.. Laura Whitmore had her baby out with legs & arms on show and her skin was all red. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just think its too strong to be claiming neglectful parenting, when Noa is clearly well, healthy and looked after.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.