Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you like to be cold constantly? Maybe try it for a bit and then see if you feel neglected?
Constantly though? Never ever dressed properly? There are kids out there actually being neglected. You're reaching. Its irresponsible and obviously thoughtless of her/them but its not neglect.

Reactions: 9
There were, i think, two? times people felt Noa wasnt covered up enough. I mean.. Laura Whitmore had her baby out with legs & arms on show and her skin was all red. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just think its too strong to be claiming neglectful parenting, when Noa is clearly well, healthy and looked after.
Many, many instances and many people have said it. There's no smoke without fire. I'm not being vindictive and I don't give a rat's arse if she's looked after by a nanny or not, but to see a previously unwell child with her without the basics is saddening.

Reactions: 5
Many, many instances and many people have said it. There's no smoke without fire. I'm not being vindictive and I don't give a rat's arse if she's looked after by a nanny or not, but to see a previously unwell child with her without the basics is saddening.
She seems to have her basic needs being met fine. Social services wouldnt deem it neglect.

Reactions: 4
She seems to have her basic needs being met fine. Social services wouldnt deem it neglect.
Respectfully, we'll have to agree to disagree. Failure to adequately clothe and feed a child is neglect in everyone's book.
Yes, some children have it much worse but it doesn't excuse Kate being too preoccupied with screaming on the gram to wrap her tiny daughter up.

I work in childcare and one of the signs we have to look out for is inadequate clothing for the weather. No coat in winter for example.

Screenshot_20210503-103003_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad
Respectfully, we'll have to agree to disagree. Failure to adequately clothe and feed a child is neglect in everyone's book.
Yes, some children have it much worse but it doesn't excuse Kate being too preoccupied with screaming on the gram to wrap her tiny daughter up.
Oh if it was a repeated thing, of course. I dont personally see neglect. Theres an emotional detachment for sure, but she is fed and apart from those couple times, she appears well looked after. In comparison, i think Whitmores baby actually looked sore in the cold whereas Noa could have done with extra layers. I know I am a soft shite, but Id more likely put it down to those things you realise are obvious once youve been a parent longer. I made some poor choices when my first was little.

I work in childcare and one of the signs we have to look out for is inadequate clothing for the weather. No coat in winter for example.

View attachment 557278

Consistently - not one offs though.

Oh if it was a repeated thing, of course. I dont personally see neglect. Theres an emotional detachment for sure, but she is fed and apart from those couple times, she appears well looked after. In comparison, i think Whitmores baby actually looked sore in the cold whereas Noa could have done with extra layers. I know I am a soft shite, but Id more likely put it down to those things you realise are obvious once youve been a parent longer. I made some poor choices when my first was little.

Consistently - not one offs though.
I understand what you mean. I think part of what riles me the most is that Kate had been advised by plenty to dress Noa more warmly but she's so obnoxious she just ignores it.
I'm sure your little one is lovely and thriving now. 😊

Just had a peep at Laura Whitmore and bloody hell, that baby's limbs are bright pink!
I suppose more clothing would have ruined the aesthetic for the gram 😒

I understand what you mean. I think part of what riles me the most is that Kate had been advised by plenty to dress Noa more warmly but she's so obnoxious she just ignores it.
I'm sure your little one is lovely and thriving now. 😊
Oh I bet, i think thats probably her being detached as well. But that emotional connection cannot be ignored. God it took me so so long to really bond with my first, now hes like my shadow and tells me non stop he loves me and how beautiful I am 🤣🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The way she holds noa, very odd. Compare it to how lovingly she holds them bloody dogs. The post of her singing to noa she' s balancing her off her arm! Also the narrative of noa being difficult, not getting into routine, not bfeeding..... blaming a newborn is actually disturbing behaviour.

Reactions: 10
There were, i think, two? times people felt Noa wasnt covered up enough. I mean.. Laura Whitmore had her baby out with legs & arms on show and her skin was all red. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just think its too strong to be claiming neglectful parenting, when Noa is clearly well, healthy and looked after.
While I don't agree Noa is being physically neglected I do feel there is a disconnect between her and her parents. Neither seem to have clicked with parenting.

Do we think this might be a slight dig?? 😂😂
I think this was 100% a dig at Kate! But nicely put 😂

Reactions: 6
You can’t deny it’s sad that Noa is forming a loving bond with a night nanny as a brand new little baby 😢 it should be her mummy’s smell and touch; further down the line maybe but right now that bonding is so important. She has three parents. Yet one of them isn’t her parent or even related to her. It’s sad. I know that might sound mean of me but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions. I just don’t think it’s right and she will form a bond with a night nanny who won’t be around forever 😢
Obe of my relatives had a baby young, 17 and her mum practically raised the child. The babies mum had four girly holidays a year, nights out every week and worked full time. Her child called their nan mum and had no interest in their own mum. I had a chat with my aunt about this and she just wanted her daughter to not miss out and was happy to take over. He's never been one to his own mum. Wonder why!!

View attachment 550660

Isn’t it so lovely we can all have our best friends in our houses now ?? Even upstairs ... no risk to babies and pregnant women at all now . COVID had gone yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
This does my head in. People are stupid enough to put this on social media. My FIL popped round for a cuppa a few weeks ago. I made the garden table all nice and put a little tea party out there and he refused to move from the sofa. My husband has a high security job and is vetted and security checked every year, anything like a fine, a caution or a CCJ and he's marched off site, job finished. I was worried that a neighbour would grass us up 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
While I don't agree Noa is being physically neglected I do feel there is a disconnect between her and her parents. Neither seem to have clicked with parenting.
Oh agreed! Its sad to see, she knew herself she didnt want kids and wasnt maternal. Theres no shame in that, but now Noa is here, they need to work on it.

Reactions: 6
Been following this thread for a while.
It makes me so nervous the thought of leaving a newborn with a stranger.
Does anyone follow HappilEvaAfter?
She is an American influencer.A few years ago her little boy got dropped on his head as a new born by the night nanny who apparently fell asleep.He was rushed to hospital and was OK in the end but was closely monitored incase he wasn't meeting developmental milestones due to potential brain damage.

• Wow
  • Sad
Don’t forget the night nanny is earning money so she isn’t going to actively discourage them to hire her.

also, in regards to the clothing we don’t know how warm the house is etc - my son is like me an absolute boiler he’s always so warm and if we layer him up too much he gets heat rash, you can’t tell just by looking unless it’s raining/freezing weather there could be another reason - I’d be heart broken if someone judged me just by appearance when there’s a reason for it.

If you want to breastfeed and shes going off the boob stop offering the bottle! Or at the very least save the bottle for the night nanny and only breastfeed when you have her

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.