Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
such an odd choice. moving from scotland to england... and brighton is such a try-hard place. it's nice enough but it's been somewhere so many influencers move to that it's a bit of a joke now. I thought she'd be more inventive and move somewhere up and coming rather than somewhere so pretentious!

Reactions: 16
Wow that was a surprise! I really want to see the new house now. Even selling two (?) Glasgow flats, I doubt that money would go very far in south east England. I don't know anything about the property market in Brighton so could be wrong!

Reactions: 8
Wow no wonder she went through such a lengthy period of non-stop wall-to-wall ads. The timing makes sense now. Brighton is expensive.

Reactions: 9
such an odd choice. moving from scotland to england... and brighton is such a try-hard place. it's nice enough but it's been somewhere so many influencers move to that it's a bit of a joke now. I thought she'd be more inventive and move somewhere up and coming rather than somewhere so pretentious!
Manchester seems pretty up and coming.
Brighton is an interesting choice.

Reactions: 6
Ooh, interesting! I did not see this coming! I’m intrigued to see where her content goes now. It’s been so boring for so long - maybe this will shake things up a bit and it’ll be good?

Clearly ‘lifestyle’ is a biiiiiig thing for them and presumably moving to the most lifestylewank location is going to make them happy?

I just can’t get behind Brighton beach though. Compared to the beautiful beaches on lochs and shores of Scotland, it feels soulless.

Reactions: 20
I can imagine them doing another cafe in Brighton. Make it instagram worthy and the crowds will flock.

Reactions: 10
I can imagine them doing another cafe in Brighton. Make it instagram worthy and the crowds will flock.
There's A LOT of competition in Brighton though. Rent isn't cheap. It's not as easy as you'd think especially in an oversaturated market.

Kate's style is very old school Instagram too.... They might be in for a shock!

Reactions: 9
Her IG will just continue to be shelfies, pouting at home and close ups of coffee, so it won’t matter whether she’s in Brighton or Hull.

Reactions: 16
There's A LOT of competition in Brighton though. Rent isn't cheap. It's not as easy as you'd think especially in an oversaturated market.

Kate's style is very old school Instagram too.... They might be in for a shock!
All the good places are constantly rammed though, even midweek. Definitely room for another if it’s good. But given the prices of rents it’s unlikely something they could do for half the week like in Glasgow… that might put them off. Her husband must be climbing the walls?
But yeah either way twee neon wall lettering won’t cut it this time around.

Reactions: 2
So I ran straight here after seeing they moved to Brighton. The sea and close to London, plus has that lifestyle she's after, so why not... Still a long way to move and an odd choice to do it so late in her career.

Reactions: 5
Never would have guessed Brighton. I also thought it would be Edinburgh.

I'm a bit surprised they've moved so far away from family. Didn't her brother live very near to them/look after the cats when they were away? I wonder why they chose Brighton?
Her brother used to live in the same building I’m sure at one point. I’m sure I remember her mentioning that he moved back to New Zealand. This would be a few years ago.

Reactions: 3
Her brother used to live in the same building I’m sure at one point. I’m sure I remember her mentioning that he moved back to New Zealand. This would be a few years ago.
Ah, right. I didn't know he had moved. I thought he still lived close by and got a puppy a while back. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else with the puppy.

i think she has two brothers

Reactions: 1
i think she has two brothers
I think she has 3 brothers. Two in NZ and one in Scotland.

Really surprised at them moving so far away from everything they know in Scotland with such a young child, but also kinda jealous that they are upping and starting over, it’s a freeing thing to do.

Reactions: 5
Never would have guessed that considering she could have moved absolutely anywhere! Can’t wait to see where they are living.

I saw Zoe sugg and Anna commented on her pic about moving. I wonder did she have any mom friends in Glasgow? If not, maybe she'll hang with them.

Reactions: 2
It feels like such an odd thing to do. To move away from friends in Glasgow... Unless she lost a lot of them after becoming a mum? Which is quite sad but also quite common!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.