Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s actually really funny to watch now, like a parody account.
I can’t help but think about the behind the scenes of her posing in Paris. Jordy carrying the baby, the baby bag, Kate’s things and trying to get the shot.
She recently hinted that she struggled in the newborn days, however you wouldn’t have known as she appeared to have the perfect, easy experience.

Reactions: 11
Kind of got the impression from one of her Paris TikToks that popped onto my feed that she seems to only really do feeds for baby and cuddles now and again and “Jordy” does the rest. It didn’t feel all that maternal. Very pretty and lovely but just felt like there was something a bit off. Not in a bad way just maybe he takes the majority of the work on as maybe she had struggled?

Reactions: 7
I can’t help but think about the behind the scenes of her posing in Paris. Jordy carrying the baby, the baby bag, Kate’s things and trying to get the shot.
I’m amusing myself with thoughts of the Parisian content plan.

Organised Maman - shot of velvet embroidered bag on dressing table

Chic traveller - shot of high end #gifted skincare on marble vanity

Winter woollens - shot of Maman feeding bebe while sipping cappuccino in Montmartre while wearing one of her fifteen best expensive coats

Gucci darlings - the emperors new ankle socks and the expensive loafers outside the Louvre

Casual giggle - a slight breeze ruffling her hair as she half turns from the camera, on a bridge over the Seine

Pretty lights - river and/or Eiffel Tower in soft focus at dusk, moody Jordy with baby in carrier #we are too cool for prams

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i gotta say, I think Kate's content is very old fashioned influencer. it's quite cringy to see.

Reactions: 6
I’m amusing myself with thoughts of the Parisian content plan.

Organised Maman - shot of velvet embroidered bag on dressing table

Chic traveller - shot of high end #gifted skincare on marble vanity

Winter woollens - shot of Maman feeding bebe while sipping cappuccino in Montmartre while wearing one of her fifteen best expensive coats

Gucci darlings - the emperors new ankle socks and the expensive loafers outside the Louvre

Casual giggle - a slight breeze ruffling her hair as she half turns from the camera, on a bridge over the Seine

Pretty lights - river and/or Eiffel Tower in soft focus at dusk, moody Jordy with baby in carrier #we are too cool for prams
To be fair, some babies don’t like the pram (I have one like this) and the carrier was the best for getting stuff done.. but she could have said something like this and been a little bit more relatable than making it sound like she’s above it 🙄

Reactions: 1
To be fair, some babies don’t like the pram (I have one like this) and the carrier was the best for getting stuff done.. but she could have said something like this and been a little bit more relatable than making it sound like she’s above it 🙄
Exactly. I have nothing against not using a pram - I used carriers and slings (although I used the long wrap versions) for my babies. I actually spent my own money on them - and I was more of a pro than Kate cos my babies went on my back so I could free my hands up for the more mundane aspects of life like doing the dishes 😆 It definitely gets harder by the time you have a three year old up there!

But her whole thing is to come off as superior - more serene, more stylish, more competent, more relaxed, more edgy, more creative, completely effortless and perfect. Her pram comments are loaded with derision for the plebs who actually DO use one.

(I did also use a pram, cos that’s how my groceries got delivered!)!

Reactions: 3
i gotta say, I think Kate's content is very old fashioned influencer. it's quite cringy to see.
She has completely lost her passion for it and it happened a long time ago. She’s used to be so dedicated posting on her blog 5 times a week and had a very distinctive style to her posts and photography. She’s just coasting along now because it’s silly money for doing the bare minimum.

Reactions: 4
Exactly. I have nothing against not using a pram - I used carriers and slings (although I used the long wrap versions) for my babies. I actually spent my own money on them - and I was more of a pro than Kate cos my babies went on my back so I could free my hands up for the more mundane aspects of life like doing the dishes 😆 It definitely gets harder by the time you have a three year old up there!

But her whole thing is to come off as superior - more serene, more stylish, more competent, more relaxed, more edgy, more creative, completely effortless and perfect. Her pram comments are loaded with derision for the plebs who actually DO use one.

(I did also use a pram, cos that’s how my groceries got delivered!)!
Oh totally agree, and could contribute to poor maternal mental health in some mothers, perhaps wondering why they don’t have it all ‘together’ not to mention glamourising parenthood too.. there’s just so much wrong with her content.. I wish she would just forget about the parenthood aspect for her SM because it’s so unrealistic, because let’s be real she’s just a walking ad at this point. 🤢

Reactions: 5
She has completely lost her passion for it and it happened a long time ago. She’s used to be so dedicated posting on her blog 5 times a week and had a very distinctive style to her posts and photography. She’s just coasting along now because it’s silly money for doing the bare minimum.
she's phoning it in. when you look at what other influencers are doing, Kate's content looks dated. it's the same cliched shots, very "instagrammy",

Reactions: 4
On the other hand she's blatantly burning money and has duck all to do... So in some ways she's less disingenuous than people like that McFly woman who pretends all new parents are in the same boat.

Reactions: 5
I smell a rat, maybe PND or just desperately trying to grab onto an old identity? Also think Jordan 10000% has that wee baba 95% of the time

Reactions: 10
I can’t understand why anyone would want to make out being a new parent is chill, it’s not, it’s tough for everyone and anyone, admittedly in very varying ways. I had an “easy” baby first time round but it was still bloody tough, there were tears, life was manic. Why would she not want to connect with people on that level? I’m here for the lols in life but comments like that just don’t help struggling parents. They read that and think, tit what am I doing so wrong if other people find it easy.
both don’t work r at home all day with baby no money worries. Most mums r at home all day with baby while dads work all day. Most mums do majority of the care but it seems it’s equal or more dad which in reality is not the norm.
pampered princess if u ask me

Reactions: 2
pampered princess if u ask me
not sure why you consider a woman to be pampered just because the father of their child does most of the care. nobody says that about men.

there are plenty of things to criticise kate for but having a partner who is hands on with their baby is not one of them!

not sure why you consider a woman to be pampered just because the father of their child does most of the care. nobody says that about men.

there are plenty of things to criticise kate for but having a partner who is hands on with their baby is not one of them!
Sounds like they were born in the 50s 😀.

Reactions: 1

its not realistic to most families

I think it’s more the whole set up that is pampering. For most mums, they’re on mat leave at this point while their partner is at work. That’s where a lot of familial inequalities are baked in.

Obviously it’s better now in some industries where shared parental leave is encouraged, but I can’t think of a single ‘normal’ family with a baby under 6 months, where both parents are home full time and sharing care. Being a hands on dad doesn’t usually mean availability 24/7.

If that is their set up, then good for her! But it’s entirely fair to point out that in comparison to most mums at the same stage in motherhood, Kate’s experience is very different.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.