Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that bothered me was how she just bought the flat like it was no big deal. Even if it was only 100K that is still a 100K! Jordan hadn't even seen it or anything (now it could be her own money) but wouldn't you still want your husband to look at it before buying it?

What did you do this afternoon Kate? Oh nothing, just bought another flat. :oops:
So true! I signed for a new (rented) flat without my partner seeing it but it’s in the same building we already lived in and bigger than the previous so he was unlikely to dislike it 😂

Reactions: 1
She's always been loaded. Her family were part of the oil industry and provided the money to buy/renovate her flats. Jordan was in a small band and worked in a bar when they first started dating, the money only ever came from Kate's family.

Reactions: 5
She's always been loaded. Her family were part of the oil industry and provided the money to buy/renovate her flats. Jordan was in a small band and worked in a bar when they first started dating, the money only ever came from Kate's family.
That’s what I found weird when Jordan suddenly owned a coffee shop..:huh?

I like Kate she seems nice and aware of how much of herself she is giving up by being on Instagram , she has lovely style , I do think she plays it a bit safe and I imagine her style will develop more as she matures more but I like her . She came across well on Scotland’s home of the year I initially she rolled when I saw her at first but I found myself agreeing with her on lots of things and she had much more knowledge than I thought she would .

I'm surprised everyone thinks Kate's parents paid for their flats. I think you're underestimating how much she earns. £150k for a property is nothing compared to the prices we pay down here in the South of England. I don't think it's unrealistic to think they could afford two mortgages for a grand total of £300k. My boyfriend and I manage that between us for our house, and we don't earn the crazy money she earns.

Reactions: 8
She seems like a nice girl, but I do wonder what she does all day! Except from tweaking her home and reading books, seems like a bit of an odd existence.

Kate’s parents must have bought her first flat. It was when they were moving from Scotland to New Zealand and they also bought Kate’s brothers a flat, it’s the flat in the same building, on the same floor, opposite Kate’s.

I wonder what she does with herself all day too, the coffee shop seems to be just a play thing for Jordan. Are they still trying to sell it?

Reactions: 3
Kate’s parents must have bought her first flat. It was when they were moving from Scotland to New Zealand and they also bought Kate’s brothers a flat, it’s the flat in the same building, on the same floor, opposite Kate’s.
Yes I have mentioned that before. Not sure why it’s so unbelievable to some people. They were very young when they moved into those flats.

Reactions: 3
Yes I have mentioned that before. Not sure why it’s so unbelievable to some people. They were very young when they moved into those flats.
Kate’s family are millionaires, its totally believable they would buy two of their children flats. They must have financially helped her other brother who lives in NZ too.
I think Kate really came into her own and matured when she moved into the flat, although it is not decorated to my taste I can appreciate it. I’m not a fan of her new flat though something just seems a bit off with it?

And I still don’t know what she does with herself on a day to day basis, her online content is at an all-time low, does she reward herself with a 10 month vacation after filming for 2 months?

Reactions: 4
Kate’s family are millionaires, its totally believable they would buy two of their children flats. They must have financially helped her other brother who lives in NZ too.
I think Kate really came into her own and matured when she moved into the flat, although it is not decorated to my taste I can appreciate it. I’m not a fan of her new flat though something just seems a bit off with it?

And I still don’t know what she does with herself on a day to day basis, her online content is at an all-time low, does she reward herself with a 10 month vacation after filming for 2 months?
I mean, Glasgow is still in lockdown, so it’s not like there’s that much she can do.

Reactions: 1
I mean, Glasgow is still in lockdown, so it’s not like there’s that much she can do.
Maybe but I used to like her mundane but realistic vlogs where she would potter around her flat cooking and making content.

Reactions: 2

How do you know they’re millionaires? Genuinely curious 🙃. Makes me a bit sad that I keep finding out how unrelatable a lot of people I follow are - either born into money, or now have this new money. Totally unattainable 😔

How do you know they’re millionaires? Genuinely curious 🙃. Makes me a bit sad that I keep finding out how unrelatable a lot of people I follow are - either born into money, or now have this new money. Totally unattainable 😔
Kate’s family own a shipping company, transporting goods between Scotland, Australia and NZ. I was told this was years ago when Kate was still Gh0stparties so I don’t know if they’ve sold the company since and annoyingly I can’t remember the name. A friend who works in PR knew all the gossip about her but this really was some time ago when Milkteef was still blogging.

When Kate’s parents left Scotland they spent a year sailing around the world whilst having their house in NZ built, I would imagine you would need a serious amount of cash to be able to afford to do this.

I’m not saying this in a negative way either, she’s privileged but doesn’t come across as self entitled as others.

Reactions: 10
Kate’s family own a shipping company, transporting goods between Scotland, Australia and NZ. I was told this was years ago when Kate was still Gh0stparties so I don’t know if they’ve sold the company since and annoyingly I can’t remember the name. A friend who works in PR knew all the gossip about her but this really was some time ago when Milkteef was still blogging.

When Kate’s parents left Scotland they spent a year sailing around the world whilst having their house in NZ built, I would imagine you would need a serious amount of cash to be able to afford to do this.

I’m not saying this in a negative way either, she’s privileged but doesn’t come across as self entitled as others.
OMG milkteef! What ever happened to her? She was before her time, I hope she managed to make some good money

OMG milkteef! What ever happened to her? She was before her time, I hope she managed to make some good money
I think I remember Milkteef saying she bowed out due to mental health reasons, she still posts on IG infrequently and I’m surprised she still occasionally receives gifts from brands.

I remember when blogging consisted of Kate, Milkteef, Lily Melrose and a few others wearing the same high street dresses with black opaque tights and take basically the same picture against their bedroom walls with their feet pointed in.
I don’t think they made a lot of money back then, my PR friend said a lot of bloggers used to post in exchange for free clothes/makeup and if they were paid for a blogpost it would be in the low hundreds.

Reactions: 6
I think I remember Milkteef saying she bowed out due to mental health reasons, she still posts on IG infrequently and I’m surprised she still occasionally receives gifts from brands.

I remember when blogging consisted of Kate, Milkteef, Lily Melrose and a few others wearing the same high street dresses with black opaque tights and take basically the same picture against their bedroom walls with their feet pointed in.
I don’t think they made a lot of money back then, my PR friend said a lot of bloggers used to post in exchange for free clothes/makeup and if they were paid for a blogpost it would be in the low hundreds.
Yes and a flat lay would consist of a duvet cover background!

Reactions: 2
Those were the days! I remember back when photos were less polished and you could post about your day and you would still get tonnes of engagement.

Does anyone remember Kate's other blog, Nouvelle Daily? And other people used to contribute to it too? I really liked it, it's a shame she did not keep it up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.