Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like

If it had been any other instagrammer/influencer saying this I’d fully say that yeah they’re being full of themselves and annoyed that their lazy content isn’t getting full engagement. (Looking at you Hannah G and Mrs Hinch!!)

However, I quite like Kate she’s quite self deprecating and humble and grateful for her opportunities and she seems to work on her content, it seems quite genuine. Plus I think after what she’s been through with her mum she’s still hurting and maybe throwing herself into her content and wants validation for it? She’s not near her family and her partner is away for work a bit so she must feel like work is a solid outlet.
Yeah she’s probably amongst the least annoying out there.

I saw her comment because other influencers were sharing it so it seems to have struck a nerve - feels an extension of the “be kind” bandwagon we’ve seen recently.

Influencers must get weirdly hooked on compliments as part of the gig.

If it’s a sign of grief then that’s quite worrying. Grief takes all forms and it’s a long, varying process. Asking strangers for engagement is unlikely to help. It seemed more of a work thing to me. But we don’t know.

I’m so excited for her new flat content!! She has had such a tough year, I’m genuinely really happy for her that she gets to throw herself into a big project of the thing that she’s really passionate about

Reactions: 4
I’m so excited for her new flat content!! She has had such a tough year, I’m genuinely really happy for her that she gets to throw herself into a big project of the thing that she’s really passionate about
You just know it’s going to be stunning and styled perfectly as well don’t you, wish she could do my new place for me!

Reactions: 1
I think I remember when she first brought the new one the plan was to rent it out but during the reno they decided to move in so maybe they’ve decided to rent the old one now. They never seemed to be in much of a rush considering they would have had two mortgages to pay. And what’s going on with the shop? I thought they were getting rid of it?

ooh yay can't wait for a million videos of her styling shelves :rolleyes: She is so dull.
I can’t believe you’re the first person to post this but couldn’t agree more.

Also didn’t understand why they’ve been renovating their old place to move out?

The flat tour video was soooo boring, it’s like a show home...no personality at all! Also they have 2 cats but there were no litter trays etc?

Reactions: 6

The flat tour video was soooo boring, it’s like a show home...no personality at all! Also they have 2 cats but there were no litter trays etc?
The renovations were probably sponsored, just like everything else. Actually shocked at the amount of things for the new flat that have been gifted, especially with the bathroom etc. You can bet the new mustard couch was a freebie as well. It's so frustrating to see influencers do so little work and get all the nice things for free while the rest of us work 40+ hours a week and still can't afford half of what they get given for free. Even more frustrating to see while we all worry if we'll still have a job to go back to after the last few months.

Reactions: 5

989CBEDA-AA28-48FA-BD76-EC0EF9206EA3.png

There’s your answer to the litter tray thing

They probably couldn't find a buyer for the shop right now which is fair enough. I'd be sad to see it go, they have good cake lol

She said they'd had offers for the shop but nobody wanted to keep it as a coffee shop and that was important to them. I don't really get it though. Wouldn't you just sell it if you didn't want it anymore? Also yeah pretty sure they'll be renting the old place, seeing as she bought the new place to rent out I can only think they're doing it with the old place instead. Either that or stick it on Airbnb...!

I had to unfollow her as everything is sponsored or gifted. It's a west elm catalogue. I laugh when she talks about being excited for the weekend etc and taking a break from "work". She doesn't know the meaning of work!!!!!

Reactions: 10
I really wish they make their old flat into an Airbnb, it’s really nice. Would love to stay there.
I feel like she is one of the few influencers that has managed to venture into the world beyond social media with her SHOTY tv appearance.

I really wish they make their old flat into an Airbnb, it’s really nice. Would love to stay there.
I feel like she is one of the few influencers that has managed to venture into the world beyond social media with her SHOTY tv appearance.
I agree, I really like her on SHOTY

I didn’t know who she was until I started watching SHOTY, she seems nice, but in comparison to the other judges I feel like she doesn’t really know what she’s talking about. The guy is an architect and the other woman is an interior designer so they both know their stuff, and I feel like she just repeats the same things over and over again. I also think her accent doesn’t help, it sounds like a condescending “Glasgow uni” accent. Although I’ve just watched one of her YouTube and she doesn’t sound like that on there, you can hear more of her NZ accent which is nicer.

Reactions: 3
I just started watching SHOTY today on iPlayer, they described her as 'world recognised lifestyle blogger' 😂 I don't think so!

I love her new bathroom but I'm still annoyed at the fact so much stuff was free. Influencers just annoy me so much.

Reactions: 3
I just started watching SHOTY today on iPlayer, they described her as 'world recognised lifestyle blogger' 😂 I don't think so!

I love her new bathroom but I'm still annoyed at the fact so much stuff was free. Influencers just annoy me so much.
I think this is why I mostly follow micro influencers these days cos most of what they share is stuff they actually paid for lmao. Kate’s one of the only “big” influencers I still follow I think because I’ve followed her since her gh0stparties days

Reactions: 4
Kate's new bathroom on the Daily Mail today. She's definitely keen to set herself up as an interiors expert!

I also want to add to this because it's been bothering me... It's frustrating that Kate is lauded on other threads as being more real and relatable than other influencers, but it's all for show. The blasé way she's been talking about buying this new flat, intending it to be a reno/landlord project, and then equally casually mentioning about how it's just been left empty for almost a year with no work going on (how many of us could afford two mortgages?!). To top it off she's just mentioned in a new blog post that they don't intend to stay in this new flat for longer than a year anyway, because they want a house. Who can afford to do such major works to a place for a temporary measure?! It's so unrelatable. I get that it's like her portfolio to pretend to be an interior designer now but who casually has that kind of money readily available?! I guess it helps when you get so much for free (tiles and fittings and all the rest of it) but it really shows how detached she is from the real world now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.