Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was looking around her street and seeing price of around £199k, based on her reno she invested £40-80k (not sure how much is gifted of course), and with all extras she wants to add, it all doesn't make sense. Her investment into the reno with custom cabinetry and fancy tiles would be huge percentage wise.
Yeah they bought their OG flat for £140k I think but this recent one in current market would definitely go for £240k at least being three beds with good features. Maybe when she got it before corona more like 200k…

The pointless revision of their recent renovations is literally pouring money down the drain though

Reactions: 2
Yeah they bought their OG flat for £140k I think but this recent one in current market would definitely go for £240k at least being three beds with good features. Maybe when she got it before corona more like 200k…

The pointless revision of their recent renovations is literally pouring money down the drain though
Yes and the way the market is here in Scotland it’s the “offers over” scenario so they are going well over Home Report Value.

Reactions: 1

I can't believe their old flat was £140k, it'll be worth so much more than that now 😳 insane how much the prices have risen in the last few years, I think you're bang on with that estimation. I wonder where she gets her money from that she isn't even considering selling her old flat?

She’ll be making £2-5k per ad/campaign plus her tv show income. She’s raking it in, especially given her housing costs are so low compared to, say an influencer in London.

Reactions: 7
She’ll be making £2-5k per ad/campaign plus her tv show income. She’s raking it in, especially given her housing costs are so low compared to, say an influencer in London.
Plus all the commission from affiliate links which probably adds up to a few thousand each month

Reactions: 6
Plus all the commission from affiliate links which probably adds up to a few thousand each month
Of course, yes, especially as she rarely says where something is from. A lot of people will click just to find out, not realising even if they buy something else from that brand up to 30 days later Kate will be getting a few per cent commission. A saw an influencer with far fewer followers showing how it all worked and some days she made £200 a day from affiliate links.

Reactions: 3
I also think Kate comes from money. I think it's been mentioned on here that her dad was in the shipping or oil industry. She has always lived a charmed life with lots of nice things - even back when she just had her blog and long before IG or her TV work.

Reactions: 8
I also think Kate comes from money. I think it's been mentioned on here that her dad was in the shipping or oil industry. She has always lived a charmed life with lots of nice things - even back when she just had her blog and long before IG or her TV work.
She’s always said her family isn’t “rich”, but then rich people don’t usually realise they are wealthy compared to 95% of others

Reactions: 7
I was looking around her street and seeing price of around £199k, based on her reno she invested £40-80k (not sure how much is gifted of course), and with all extras she wants to add, it all doesn't make sense. Her investment into the reno with custom cabinetry and fancy tiles would be huge percentage wise.
I think you are spot on with her house price but think her Reno costs would have been much less than £40k. The items she has added in aren’t that high spec and the kitchen was a work around with what was there. Those green shelves are probably the biggest investment and even then I’d say pushing £1.5k including labour, as she did it before wood prices went through the roof.

I agree, the bathroom in particular was mostly gifted, the cost would have been labour.

She'll have made money just because the value has went up. She's very fortunate.

She confirmed in the Q&A today that she still owns the old flat and they might “downsize” and move into it while they sell their current flat.

Her dad was a pilot - they absolutely come from money.

Reactions: 6
Her dad was a pilot - they absolutely come from money.
Ah, right. I'm sure I've seen it mentioned on here that her dad owned a shipping company or worked in the oil industry - but maybe that was just speculation or maybe he has done all of those things!

In any case, I always got the impression that Kate was from a financially comfortable background.

Reactions: 3
Maybe he was a pilot for an oil company? They fly their crew over to the oil rigs in helicopters.

Reactions: 1
Another holiday… I think at some point you need to be asking is it really a holiday or do I just live an exceptionally ~charmed~ life with little to no worries?

Reactions: 14
Another holiday… I think at some point you need to be asking is it really a holiday or do I just live an exceptionally ~charmed~ life with little to no worries?
I think Kate thinks she’s super down to earth because she’s from Glasgow not Edinburgh and from south side not the west end but she’d do well to acknowledge her privilege getting on the brutal housing ladder super young and having spare money for extensive renovations and essentially not working a proper day’s work in her life… meanwhile people in streets near her are exploited by slumlords and struggling to make ends meet. Even her husband’s coffee shop is only open 3 days a week. What a charmed life.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.