Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely said she didn't see kids in her future. Even not so long ago (maybe around the time they moved into their current flat) she did a Q&A where she said she wasn't planning on having kids - she was happy just having cats. Maybe she just said that so people wouldn't speculate...or maybe this baby was a surprise. Who knows. If she was telling the truth about not wanting kids and this baby was planned then she did a big turnaround pretty quickly!

She has been talking about moving out of this flat for as long as she's lived there. Strange. Maybe she regretted moving from the first flat.

Reactions: 7
Didn't she have a Q&A on her instagram where she said she doesn't want kids and Jordan had to make peace with that, it was sometime last summer.

Reactions: 3
Didn't she have a Q&A on her instagram where she said she doesn't want kids and Jordan had to make peace with that, it was sometime last summer.
Yeah - that must be the Q&A I'm thinking of. She seemed pretty certain she was never having kids.

Reactions: 2
No wonder she had a bit of a Depop clear out recently. Wonder how many baby related questions she’ll answer on this Q&A

Reactions: 1
Didn’t Kate recently have a PCOS diagnosis? I wonder if she had made with peace with the possibility of not having kids (very much like me) and saw them as an added bonus, a matter of fortune, not to be assured? Then a kid is a surprise not unwelcome!

For me it’s awkward to know how to even date when I’m not sure if I want kids or can have kids

Reactions: 5
I think Kate thinks she’s super down to earth because she’s from Glasgow not Edinburgh and from south side not the west end but she’d do well to acknowledge her privilege getting on the brutal housing ladder super young and having spare money for extensive renovations and essentially not working a proper day’s work in her life… meanwhile people in streets near her are exploited by slumlords and struggling to make ends meet. Even her husband’s coffee shop is only open 3 days a week. What a charmed life.
Kate's more likeable than a lot of infielders but it does grind my gears that she never acknowledges her privilege. She has carefully constructed this appearance of being down to earth "one of us" kind of people when really she is SUPER privileged and has A LOt of money that isn't from working hard but from family.

Reactions: 13
It sounds like the pregnancy was a surprise but a welcome one from her Q&A

Reactions: 3
In her Q&A she said she had to check if possibly moving to Edinburgh was a 'decoy' she had used so I think she probably does this a lot and saying she didn't plan on having kids was another decoy she used in order to ward off pregnancy speculation. It worked.

She said she was 'on the fence' about having kids in her 20's - which is certainly not what she said last year in her Q&A when she said she didn't see kids in her future!

Reactions: 8
To be fair up until last year I didn’t want kids I wasn’t ready at all then the pandemic changed things. I totally understand where she’s coming from in that sense because I was the same. It gave me perspective and a direction that I want in life.
She looks great to be fair.

Reactions: 14
In her Q&A she said she had to check if possibly moving to Edinburgh was a 'decoy' she had used so I think she probably does this a lot and saying she didn't plan on having kids was another decoy she used in order to ward off pregnancy speculation. It worked.

She said she was 'on the fence' about having kids in her 20's - which is certainly not what she said last year in her Q&A when she said she didn't see kids in her future!
Argh another liar like The Anna Edit 😒

She annoys me the least out of all the influencers, that's why I still follow her. I do hope she doesn't become a mummy influencer. I doubt it though.

Reactions: 4
Argh another liar like The Anna Edit 😒
My thoughts exactly!

I get her wanting to keep things private/ward off speculation but I think she took the 'decoy' a.k.a lie too far when she said her decision was made and Jordan would just have to live with it (or words to that effect).

Anyway, it looks like she's planning on redecorating the old flat again even though they might only be there for a few months. She's got money to burn!

Reactions: 7
My thoughts exactly!

I get her wanting to keep things private/ward off speculation but I think she took the 'decoy' a.k.a lie too far when she said her decision was made and Jordan would just have to live with it (or words to that effect).

Anyway, it looks like she's planning on redecorating the old flat again even though they might only be there for a few months. She's got money to burn!
It blows my mind how wasteful these influencers are! We’re still in a pandemic, record amounts of people are using food banks, and Kate needs to redecorate her kitchen for the third time! Give me strength!!! It’s shocking to me but if questioned I’m sure the reasoning would be that they’re helping out a small business or some other nonsense. Does anyone follow astoldbymichelle? She’s American, has pretty much Kate’s exact shelves, I’m not sure who had them first. And just the amount of excess purchasing for styling the home for pics is beyond me

Reactions: 5
Yeah I quite like her compared to some of the others. She doesn’t seem as completely narcissistic and doesn’t overshare.

However she absolutely comes from a very privileged background and sometimes her ‘we were so lucky to get this/do this’ comments make me roll my eyes. You’ve had a lot of help.

Reactions: 6
It blows my mind how wasteful these influencers are! We’re still in a pandemic, record amounts of people are using food banks, and Kate needs to redecorate her kitchen for the third time! Give me strength!!! It’s shocking to me but if questioned I’m sure the reasoning would be that they’re helping out a small business or some other nonsense. Does anyone follow astoldbymichelle? She’s American, has pretty much Kate’s exact shelves, I’m not sure who had them first. And just the amount of excess purchasing for styling the home for pics is beyond me
Those shelves have only the fact that they are shelves and that they are green in common.

Reactions: 1
This might be a bit off topic but it's something that has bothered me for a while. How does she have so many fresh flowers and plants that are toxic to cats in her flat? Tulips are super poisonous to cats and she has them on a shelf or a table with easy access to her two cats. I would be terrified for my cats.

Reactions: 8
This might be a bit off topic but it's something that has bothered me for a while. How does she have so many fresh flowers and plants that are toxic to cats in her flat? Tulips are super poisonous to cats and she has them on a shelf or a table with easy access to her two cats. I would be terrified for my cats.
I know someone whose cat died from lillies

• Sad
Anyone remember if she's ever addressed this in a Q&A? I am surprised she takes that chance with her cats.

Anyone remember if she's ever addressed this in a Q&A? I am surprised she takes that chance with her cats.
I think she has before and said they don't go near them. I've heard a few people say that but why risk it? maybe they don't realise just how serious it is? a tiny bit of lily pollen can kill a cat quickly.

I think she has before and said they don't go near them. I've heard a few people say that but why risk it? maybe they don't realise just how serious it is? a tiny bit of lily pollen can kill a cat quickly.
Yeah, it's a chance I'd never take. One of her cats is still quite young so I don't see how she can be so sure he won't go near flowers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.