Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her posts came up on my suggestions earlier, I’d unfollowed last year.
Still dull and 1000 pics of those bloody green shelves 🙄 I haven’t missed much obviously!

Reactions: 3
I think she just likes doing places up and fancied another one. They can afford it, so they bought it 🤷‍♀️ Can justify it cos it brings new content for her socials, plus having a rental and a doer upper are both savvy investments in a rising market.

Her content is beyond repetitive, so perhaps she has bored herself? Hence a big change to a new house and new location. Presumably new business as well?

Reactions: 5
Last I heard they still own that flat and rent it out. I still don't really understand why she bothered buying this new place and doing all that work only to sell up after like, what, a year? I get that maybe she wanted to keep the first place as an investment property, but it still doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, I expect she'll make a profit on this place, but she could have just sold the first flat and made a profit on that. Dunno, just seems like a whole lot of work to me to then live in a place for a year. She's also had the kitchen redone -which really doesn't make sense- as she did that when she knew she wanted to move?! She's definitely got money to burn!

I think she is just someone who likes having a project to give her something to do.
Redoing the kitchen now knowing they would sell was just insane to me. It was already fine for whoever would buy it but clearly she can’t function if something is not exactly how she wants it…

Reactions: 2
Redoing the kitchen now knowing they would sell was just insane to me. It was already fine for whoever would buy it but clearly she can’t function if something is not exactly how she wants it…
I have a feeling their current kitchen isn’t up to reg… they have a gas hob and no induction above, so will need to re do that to sell..

You just need to have an extractor fan in the kitchen, doesn’t need to be above the hob . However that’s current building regs and you don’t need to comply unless you are doing major work. Old buildings can be tricky as they can be listed or in a conversation area so you can’t just core an hole for a fan/extractor. That’s England, Scotland might be different.

Reactions: 1
Im a bit behind the times. Last I heard she had two flats in Mount Florida and the cafe Market Coffee also in the same area. I used to follow her on YouTube but dont think she’s been on for a while.

Is Market Jordan's full-time job? Wonder what he'll do next? Retire? Take long baths and read books?

Is he still in a band? Or is that long gone?

ETA: According to Companies House he been a director of KLV Digital since 2019 so I guess he has a wage from that.

Screenshot_20220310-220919_Instagram.jpg

Whose house is the company registered to? Looks nice.
Probably their accountants as @Burrito88 said above.

Meanwhile Kate is still tweaking the flat (she was talking about new shelving in the kitchen a few weeks back) even though they are planning on selling. Doesn't make sense to me. It's not like a few shelves are going to add value to the property. Maybe she's changed her mind about moving.

Reactions: 3
Probably their accountants as @Burrito88 said above.

Meanwhile Kate is still tweaking the flat (she was talking about new shelving in the kitchen a few weeks back) even though they are planning on selling. Doesn't make sense to me. It's not like a few shelves are going to add value to the property. Maybe she's changed her mind about moving.
she literally has nothing else to do...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Flats in Glasgow, even in that area are not that expensive, surely with all the reno and exclusive decorations, she won't make a profit by selling it?

Reactions: 2
Flats in Glasgow, even in that area are not that expensive, surely with all the reno and exclusive decorations, she won't make a profit by selling it?
I can see her keeping this flat and renting it out like the other one if her finances allow her to do that while also buying a house. I know she said she's planning on selling, but now that Jordan's done with the coffee shop and just plans on 'chilling' maybe it makes sense to have a couple of investment properties.

It's really strange to me that she's still spending money on doing up the flat - things that will add nothing to its value - if she's planning on selling up soon.

Reactions: 4
You’d be surprised how much flats in Glasgow sell for. West end and south side especially.

Reactions: 7
You’d be surprised how much flats in Glasgow sell for. West end and south side especially.
Yeah people don’t realise that the price on rightmove isn’t necessarily close to the price people end up paying, it’s not as cheap as people think. Might have been a lot better when though bought though, especially the first one.

Whatever the case, replacing the kitchen stuff is just so Uber privileged and unnecessary. Wonder what the tradies must think of her being so petty and fickle. I mean she literally changed the ceramic butler sink into an inbuilt one…

I was looking around her street and seeing price of around £199k, based on her reno she invested £40-80k (not sure how much is gifted of course), and with all extras she wants to add, it all doesn't make sense. Her investment into the reno with custom cabinetry and fancy tiles would be huge percentage wise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.