Kate - its_not_kates_time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same...I honestly never really questioned Kate's medical status before – even though I always disagreed with almost everything she said/did regarding her cancer, I didn't doubt that she was terminally ill when she said she was. Now I'm not so sure and don't really know what to think. She also hinted at her business struggling as part of one of her Mexico Q&As, so perhaps she isn't as financially stable as she wants to appear.

I had a look at her shop's website/Instagram and it's mostly overpriced faux-rustic tat (e.g. rugs that cost thousands of dollars!). Apparently she has two physical shops so she'll be paying for those as well as staff salaries. That's before her mortgage and living expenses, plus whatever she's paying H4C (which is probably still a lot, even if with discounted treatment). I suspect she may be in a very precarious position, in lots of ways...
It makes you question everything doesn’t it. After listening to the Scamanda podcast I felt really weird and now internally question everyone and everything and trust and forget go fund me, I think they’re all suspicious. It’s changed my trust in taking everything at face value which is sad really but also the times we’re living in. I’m the least conspiracy theorist person out there.

Reactions: 7
Sorry, but no doctor will give you a timeframe. I've had way too many friends and family diagnosed and although they need to tell you the stage (+ treatable v terminal) they will never ever give you a timeframe if you're terminal.

Reactions: 2
Sorry, but no doctor will give you a timeframe. I've had way too many friends and family diagnosed and although they need to tell you the stage (+ treatable v terminal) they will never ever give you a timeframe if you're terminal.
Hmm thats not true. Plenty of people are given expected times.

Reactions: 12
That's not true - my sister got a timeframe for a terminal cancer diagnosis. Lots of people get a timeframe thats could be something like 'you've got weeks' or you've got 6-12 months.

Definitely not my experience at all! And I'm talking over 15 people over the last 15 years!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ok, I'm going to try my best to keep this brief but Jessie Lee Ward's story is an absolute bottomless pit of delusion, grift, medical misinformation and toxic positivity. (Sorry, I failed to keep it brief)
I'll try to summarise the info I have collected by watching her story unfold online since her diagnosis earlier this year. For context she is well known within the MLM and mindset coaching universe and she lived her life incredibly publicly across every social media platform in existence. She is an unreliable narrator of her own life because of how deeply involved she was in the cultures if boss babe manifestation etc etc etc. For brevity I am going to just state things as I understand them, but please remember this is all 2nd or 3rd hand.
JLW has always been incredibly image obsessed, crash dieting for years and going on and off a carnivore diet, convinced that vegetables caused "inflammation". She was working with "biohackers" injecting herself with vitamin concoctions and drinking her MLM Pruvit ketone products all the time. Last year she "finally" started losing weight and was absolutely chuffed about it. She got skinny and bragged about being in the best shape of her life. She kept getting skinnier and skinnier and went nuts when her followers asked her if she was sick or maybe taking ozempic. She read a Tony Robbins book that said she should get a full body MRI just for fun.
Now, JLW has a long history of being anti-vax and rejecting conventional medicine, so she apparently did not have a doctor who would refer her for an MRI. Since she lives in dystopian America she found a company that would take her money for a full body MRI without a referral. She eagerly awaited the scan results so that she could "brag about it" online to show how perfect she thought he body was. (Sorry, this isn't short at all)
Long story short- the MRI showed suspicious masses. She got scoped and then had a tumour removed from her colon. Staging from that surgery was that she had stage 4 colon cancer. At this point she was scrambling around to get in to see highly reputable oncologists to see what they recommended to her. When each oncologist told her some variation of the exact same thing- aggressive chemo can extend your life by maybe 2 1/2 years, doing no chemo will mean she wouldn't see 2024- she decided that she didn't accept that prognosis. She said her oncologists didn't realise what a special strong person she is and just wanted her money. This is where she broke all ties with legitimate oncology treatment.
JLW then spent the next month's travelling around America and Europe getting "holistic treatments". She was loosely connected to the Hope 4 Cancer clinic in that she got the same kind of treatments they offer there and was at one point considering going there but she never did. JLW slowly wasted away in front of the lense of her camera. She spruiked her crazy anti medicine theories to her followers while selling her MLM crap on live videos. She made "beating cancer holistically" her brand. She followed every single suggestion from any random woowoo practitioner, just never anything that would actually help.
The last few months of her life she was in progressively more pain. She attributed this to a kidney stone but it was always very hard to tell how much to believe her words. She was an unreliable narrator and historically never had a problem lying through her teeth. But she also clearly had no one supervising her care, and definitely wasn't under the care of a medical professional. She would call woo practitioners doctors and then relate their advice as "my doctor told me"... she would hap hazardous get scans and then try and interpret the reports by asking ChatGPT to rephrase it for her.
Anyways. Her last live video she insisted that her scan results showed she was shrinking her cancer.... while also talking about all her symptoms which all lined up with end stage terminal cancer. She was also sobbing on that live and acting bizarre... my pet theory is that she was intending to say goodbye as she knew she was dying, but then couldn't do it. So she decided to lie and keep the toxic positivity going rather than admit that she wasn't actually beating cancer. Within a week or so she was admitted to hospital and died.
That's not brief at all but that only barely touches the surface of this absolute tragedy.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Ok, I'm going to try my best to keep this brief but Jessie Lee Ward's story is an absolute bottomless pit of delusion, grift, medical misinformation and toxic positivity. (Sorry, I failed to keep it brief)
I'll try to summarise the info I have collected by watching her story unfold online since her diagnosis earlier this year. For context she is well known within the MLM and mindset coaching universe and she lived her life incredibly publicly across every social media platform in existence. She is an unreliable narrator of her own life because of how deeply involved she was in the cultures if boss babe manifestation etc etc etc. For brevity I am going to just state things as I understand them, but please remember this is all 2nd or 3rd hand.
JLW has always been incredibly image obsessed, crash dieting for years and going on and off a carnivore diet, convinced that vegetables caused "inflammation". She was working with "biohackers" injecting herself with vitamin concoctions and drinking her MLM Pruvit ketone products all the time. Last year she "finally" started losing weight and was absolutely chuffed about it. She got skinny and bragged about being in the best shape of her life. She kept getting skinnier and skinnier and went nuts when her followers asked her if she was sick or maybe taking ozempic. She read a Tony Robbins book that said she should get a full body MRI just for fun.
Now, JLW has a long history of being anti-vax and rejecting conventional medicine, so she apparently did not have a doctor who would refer her for an MRI. Since she lives in dystopian America she found a company that would take her money for a full body MRI without a referral. She eagerly awaited the scan results so that she could "brag about it" online to show how perfect she thought he body was. (Sorry, this isn't short at all)
Long story short- the MRI showed suspicious masses. She got scoped and then had a tumour removed from her colon. Staging from that surgery was that she had stage 4 colon cancer. At this point she was scrambling around to get in to see highly reputable oncologists to see what they recommended to her. When each oncologist told her some variation of the exact same thing- aggressive chemo can extend your life by maybe 2 1/2 years, doing no chemo will mean she wouldn't see 2024- she decided that she didn't accept that prognosis. She said her oncologists didn't realise what a special strong person she is and just wanted her money. This is where she broke all ties with legitimate oncology treatment.
JLW then spent the next month's travelling around America and Europe getting "holistic treatments". She was loosely connected to the Hope 4 Cancer clinic in that she got the same kind of treatments they offer there and was at one point considering going there but she never did. JLW slowly wasted away in front of the lense of her camera. She spruiked her crazy anti medicine theories to her followers while selling her MLM crap on live videos. She made "beating cancer holistically" her brand. She followed every single suggestion from any random woowoo practitioner, just never anything that would actually help.
The last few months of her life she was in progressively more pain. She attributed this to a kidney stone but it was always very hard to tell how much to believe her words. She was an unreliable narrator and historically never had a problem lying through her teeth. But she also clearly had no one supervising her care, and definitely wasn't under the care of a medical professional. She would call woo practitioners doctors and then relate their advice as "my doctor told me"... she would hap hazardous get scans and then try and interpret the reports by asking ChatGPT to rephrase it for her.
Anyways. Her last live video she insisted that her scan results showed she was shrinking her cancer.... while also talking about all her symptoms which all lined up with end stage terminal cancer. She was also sobbing on that live and acting bizarre... my pet theory is that she was intending to say goodbye as she knew she was dying, but then couldn't do it. So she decided to lie and keep the toxic positivity going rather than admit that she wasn't actually beating cancer. Within a week or so she was admitted to hospital and died.
That's not brief at all but that only barely touches the surface of this absolute tragedy.
Thanks so much for this! Fascinating read.
Makes a lot of sense because everyone I saw that was talking about her after her death were woo woo MLM folks. I need to get better circles.

• Haha
Thanks for filling us in. I tried to look at her Instagram but her reels were really hard to watch. She was giving Anna rose vibes. Very irritating toxic positivity. very much appreciate the low down from you.

Reactions: 8
Wow, thanks for the breakdown. It’s every bit as wild as I anticipated it might be. It makes the thousands of people in her comments saying “I just knew she had this beat” look even more insane. To have watched that craziness unfold and to have such a lack of critical thinking that you were convinced that a woman who refused treatment for terminal cancer was going to survive from coffee enemas and light therapy? Unreal.

Bloody hell I don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t you get the treatment you need and talk about that? Whole thing has me baffled.

Reactions: 6
Bloody hell I don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t you get the treatment you need and talk about that? Whole thing has me baffled.
She seemed to have very contradictory beliefs... sometimes she talked about her belief that oncologists are "chemo pimps" doing a hard sales pitch for chemo when the results wouldn't be curative for her. She interpreted this is a scam somehow. Then sometimes she would back track and say her choices were just personal choices, no shade to western medicine.
Honestly it seemed to boil down to this- oncologists told her that her best case scenario had her surviving for 2 to 3 years, but holistic practitioners told her they could cure her. She chose to live in that alternative reality where she could manifest her way out of stage 4 cancer with juices, coffee enemas, red lights and ozone.
It's so depressing

Reactions: 6
She seemed to have very contradictory beliefs... sometimes she talked about her belief that oncologists are "chemo pimps" doing a hard sales pitch for chemo when the results wouldn't be curative for her. She interpreted this is a scam somehow. Then sometimes she would back track and say her choices were just personal choices, no shade to western medicine.
Honestly it seemed to boil down to this- oncologists told her that her best case scenario had her surviving for 2 to 3 years, but holistic practitioners told her they could cure her. She chose to live in that alternative reality where she could manifest her way out of stage 4 cancer with juices, coffee enemas, red lights and ozone.
It's so depressing
This is the ultimate outcome of the tsunami of misinformation from bullshit influencers and wellness warriors. Literally death.

I find it quite terrifying.

Reactions: 12
There will be men and women out there that take that woman's word as gospel. Thats the terrifying thing about it, who's to say she could have lived longer with western medicine, maybe more than 2-3 yrs, she will never know now. There is nothing wrong with seeking some holistic therapy but combine it with western medicine. I have MS and just done my 3rd course of a chemo-based treatment; I have 1 round to go. It is horrible, but if it helps a little it's better than nothing. I have a friend that told me that the Covid vaxs gave me MS. Mind you I had it 2 yrs. prior to Covid. And she's telling me to go to the H4C clinic because they cure cancers and will cure my MS and I will be able to walk and stand up again. She has stopped talking to me cause I'm taking the easy way out with western medicines. there are some special people out there.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
There will be men and women out there that take that woman's word as gospel. Thats the terrifying thing about it, who's to say she could have lived longer with western medicine, maybe more than 2-3 yrs, she will never know now. There is nothing wrong with seeking some holistic therapy but combine it with western medicine. I have MS and just done my 3rd course of a chemo-based treatment; I have 1 round to go. It is horrible, but if it helps a little it's better than nothing. I have a friend that told me that the Covid vaxs gave me MS. Mind you I had it 2 yrs. prior to Covid. And she's telling me to go to the H4C clinic because they cure cancers and will cure my MS and I will be able to walk and stand up again. She has stopped talking to me cause I'm taking the easy way out with western medicines. there are some special people out there.
THIS (and a few other comments from Tattlers) - you did not *cause* your cancer or MS or autoimmune disease, nor can you think or enema your way out of it. Making people think they can positive belief their way out of life limiting or terminal conditions is one of the worst human traits. It’s not a value judgment. It doesn’t explain the simple truth that bad tit happens. Undeserving people are diagnosed everyday. Yes people’s lifestyles contribute to lifestyle conditions (smoking, diabetes, stroke, for example) however - how do you explain small children getting brain cancer? How do you explain healthy, accomplished people getting MND? Young people getting bowel cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer? Having a human body seems to increase your risk of getting sick, just quietly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She is throwing an enormous amount of money around for all of these therapies. She just spent $3,000 on a brand new hydrogen oxygen machine. Just a few days ago it was $1,000 on a full body hypothermia machine and then she bought a massage table to sit it on. She said she goes to in-clinic therapies daily. Hyperbaric chambers at several hundred dollars per hour, vitamin infusions, etc. on top of all of the equipment she’s bought for her home - titan iR headband, laser watch, nebulizer, infrared lamps, enema machine, etc.

She also said that she has brought Artesunate (a malaria drug) back with her from Mexico to use in her IV infusions. I could be wrong but a quick internet search looks as if this drug is not approved for use in Australia. Approved or not, smuggling your own IV bags full of drugs into the country seems like it would be highly illegal. How did she get through customs? 😳 Can anyone in the medical field speak to this?

Also, what about these medications in the syringes, are they legal? Sunivera, Renacenz, and Cardispan. Where does she get these things, did she smuggle those in as well? She said she had to YouTube how to administer it so I can’t believe that a licensed doctor would have provided them to her without instructions for home use. Holy hell! I feel like someone needs to be looking into whether she is breaking any laws here. Wowza.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
She is throwing an enormous amount of money around for all of these therapies. She just spent $3,000 on a brand new hydrogen oxygen machine. Just a few days ago it was $1,000 on a full body hypothermia machine and then she bought a massage table to sit it on. She said she goes to in-clinic therapies daily. Hyperbaric chambers at several hundred dollars per hour, vitamin infusions, etc. on top of all of the equipment she’s bought for her home - titan iR headband, laser watch, nebulizer, infrared lamps, enema machine, etc.

She also said that she has brought Artesunate (a malaria drug) back with her from Mexico to use in her IV infusions. I could be wrong but a quick internet search looks as if this drug is not approved for use in Australia. Approved or not, smuggling your own IV bags full of drugs into the country seems like it would be highly illegal. How did she get through customs? 😳 Can anyone in the medical field speak to this?

Also, what about these medications in the syringes, are they legal? Sunivera, Renacenz, and Cardispan. Where does she get these things, did she smuggle those in as well? She said she had to YouTube how to administer it so I can’t believe that a licensed doctor would have provided them to her without instructions for home use. Holy hell! I feel like someone needs to be looking into whether she is breaking any laws here. Wowza.
What in the actual duck are those sunglasses
---
Also she’s touching her face like someone on opioids
Which is fine if you have cancer because the pain is horrible
It’s just really obvious
---
Does something happen once you hit the Clarence river
, like everyone past that wears dumb su glasses and hats?

What in the actual duck are those sunglasses
---
Also she’s touching her face like someone on opioids
Which is fine if you have cancer because the pain is horrible
It’s just really obvious
Borrowed them from Leila who they looked equally as ghastly on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

She spends thousands and thousands of dollars for her treatments, the machines, the trips to Mexico .. there are so many things .. and she's added more of these snake oil treatments into her daily routine. She said she has scans next week, so I'm guessing she's doing all this with the hope the cancer has decreased or gone.
---
I think she has gone over the edge with all these IVs and needles and all the other treatments. She looks dreadful. It seems to be consuming her 24/7. Shes not sleeping, and obviously not eating well either. She is making herself sicker.

Reactions: 5