Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

storminaDcup

Chatty Member
The bit in the video when they are talking about Kate not being high maintenance… love language type, gifts being at the bottom of the list… yes ok then Kate 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

sushimama

Chatty Member
I hate this trend of sending influencers who don't even ski to ski resorts where they pose and flex their luxury bags and skiing gear even tho they can't even stand on skis.

I'm coming from a country with amazing mountains and majority people here know how to ski and it's not seen as luxury at all and I hate how all of those influencers are now making skiing into their own fashion show.

I love Kate but this stupid trend need to stop.

barryjones

VIP Member
That yasmin is twenty fucking six? Jesus. I mean I’m all for anyone doing what they want but at that age she’s done too much and it’s had the opposite effect. I’d have said she looks alright for 40.

I agree, the photos look weird because we literally only see the filtered/edited to hell versions.

At the minute Kate looks a little dead behind the eyes. Very pretty girl, lovely clothes and bags, not much else going on.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I actually think it's quite nice to see an influencer have such a good friendship with someone who isn't another influencer. Their friendship seems genuine to me. I don't watch many influencers these days, but a lot of them seem to have either no friends, or influencer 'friends' who are really colleagues.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
If he wants to keep the relationship private what's he doing answering questions like that on his Instagram? He could just ignore it. Nah, to me those stories actually seem like he wants everyone to know he's not committed to any one person. Like he's keeping his options open. If I were Kate I'd be gutted. There's wanting to keep your business private and there's being disrespectful, she deserves better.

RoseEB

The ski vlog really does highlight how shit the life of a instagrammer/vlogger is. They had just arrived somewhere amazing and were straight out just to get ‘content’ - I’m sure Bee loves doing that on a holiday she’s paid for. Very much like the Paris one, the sole focus of going abroad was to change up the location of photos not to have an authentic experience and switch off.
It really was quite sad when she said the engagement has been low on her photos as she’s skiing at the end of the season and people are moving into spring fashion - maybe step back off your pedestal and think maybe it’s low as most people are worried about running a house with spiralling energy bills and not affording a ski holiday 🙃

Bit off topic from the current discussion but I just saw this and......can't she see how ridiculous she looks with that filter?....her nose is gone 🤯 This just isn't right. Great influence for our "good girl" Kate 🙄 This is giving me Voldemort vibes 😂😂😂

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 19.37.23.png
Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 19.37.36.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Pinkii

VIP Member
I don’t think its the photographer, we’re so used to seeing them all fitlered up constantly, the inages look weird.

amzy98

Yasmin is her constant companion now, who’s even more desperate to be a celebrity & OTT dress sense Kate is copying - more events & holidays to come.

Shopping again on Bond St, Chanel or Dior shoes or maybe a Bulgari hand bag are today’s tough life decisions - she’s sadly becoming an influencer parody. Even doing hair gummies ads now - promote anything for cash for designer stuff.

Not sure who she is targeting as an audience anymore as her real life content has gone totally high end, then only wears high street to make money from links but wishes she didn’t at all. Boasting about regularly staying at £750 Kimpton suite for a night out, when her flat is nearby isn’t normal behaviour & she’s bringing her rabbits next time. 🤯. Doesn’t declare stay as Advert or gifted to be a PR job. Took a Bentley to go the cinema - cannot even drive onto Leicester Sq only nearby. Lost sense of normal life & new wealth has gone to her head - if she reads here, needs a Reality check & be more humble. It’s a shame the dramatic change in her.

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
Honestly who goes shopping like 'I've been wanting a new pair of CHANEL sneakers because they're so comfy' - as if no other brand makes comfy sneakers? Just admit you want all the Chanel logos you can gather, Kate.

Ellos

I used to really, really like Kate's content and I was obsessed with her and new updates. Since Christmas however she's been very sloppy, rushed and just clearly doing bare minimum. New vlogs are so restless and not well made, all the clips are very rushed and random and don't really make any sense. The job they did promoting St Lucia was unbelievably bad, I can only hope the job they were actually hired for was some work we don't really see, for example modeling for some local tourist organization... Their content surely didn't promote anything.

storminaDcup

Chatty Member
Just watched the first five and switched off, sooo dull. You don’t just suddenly go through ‘puberty’ at the age of 25. Padded bra or secret boob job I think. Also she’s been losing weight like mad recently, and you don’t just suddenly gain boobs whilst you do that

BasicChicLook

I agree with the comment above about how most people including myself, watch for the clothes that she shares from Zara, H&M, and other more affordable brands. I am much older than Kate (I am in my early forties) and I just really like her style. I know that it is also easier said than done, but NO ONE should let Kate or any other influencer make them feel bad about themselves and where they are at in life. Remember we are only seeing glimpses of her life and I am sure that she has bad days. She is beautiful and seems like a sweet girl and I just hope that she realizes that most girls her age are not living the same kind of lifestyle.

Annie6154

Lmao I’ve forced myself to work today whilst unwell because I need money to pay my bills whereas Kate is moaning that Harrods is too busy for her Monday morning designer shopping trip for 4k Chanel bags and sandals? Bore off love

• Heart

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
Damn Kate getting exposed more and more these days 😂😂

Just another example how her nice girl persona is completely fake and she’s just another money grabbing, disingenuous, unoriginal, stuck up influencer 😬😂

Annie6154

I really don’t understand why they keep going to these random movie premieres? Literally reeks of desperation, you are aren’t famous you literally take pictures on Instagram. I don’t understand why their management keeps sending them? Clothing launches etc yeah fair enough but sending them to movie premieres is doing too much looool

amzy98

Influencers hardly ever use any of the products they promote- it’s same with the hair gummies being responsible for her hair & her pretending to love New Look / cheap fashion. Everything is faked “I’m loving this recently” for cash.

Kate’s demonstrating this week how she’s so much hard working than the rest of us, lunching at The Dorchester roof terrace all Wednesday afternoon instead of working then a little Pilates. Thursday she got her nails done & fake tanning yesterday - so exhausted from her tough work load as she’s so career driven she needs another holiday. Off to Cannes today then on to Bodrum with her new fella secretly - her 6th & 7th trip in 6 months. Pretending to now prefer a cheap lily and bean bag #Ad & smugly using the LV suitcase Greg bought her for Christmas that she nastily told all her followers she never appreciated or liked at all. Bee left at home looking after her lockdown pets again. Kate seems bored with her career & making no effort with her fashion content lately, mainly doing filler reels / stories just to get flattering comments for an ego vanity boost, in between showing off her shallow designer lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Wow I wonder whose idea it was to call Kate New Look while of course Yas is YSL? 🙄 I’m starting to feel sorry for Kate tbh, I’ve known women like Yas before. Loud and domineering and enjoys taking advantage of quieter/more easy going girls like Kate. I really hope she ditches her soon, she looks unwell and unhappy.

Attachments

• Wow

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
To be honest, I used to really like Kate and her content but I have gradually been growing to dislike her and her content in a lot of ways and I don’t really know who her content is for anymore. First off, she is stunningly beautiful (nothing wrong with that!) but in a very unrealistic way. She has a tiny petite body, the most perfect skin, teeth, full lips, tiny button nose, super symmetrical face, unique eyes that almost appear to look like contact lenses, no under eye bags or acne scarring, gorgeous hair that always looks professionally styled even when it’s not and so on.. She really won in the looks department and while that’s amazing, it’s almost unrealistic perfection that most of us don’t have. She is effortlessly gorgeous which makes ‘influencing’ a really easy job as no matter what she wears she looks great and that beauty sells. She has VERY quickly become one of the most well off young influencers because of this. I mean she moved from Brighton to central london so fast at the beginning of her influencing career and now buying a house. All of her content is based off showing people her endless designer purchases and luxury makeup, clothing, beauty tools etc that she gets gifted for FREE and also PAID to promote. Again, great for her but what doesn’t sit right with me is thats all there is. It’s all so ‘perfect’ and luxury but who is this content for? Most girls in their 20s can’t afford all of this even with their 9-5 jobs or careers. It’s just become so increasingly unrealistic, unattainable and in a lot of ways unfair. I have to apologise here as I realise I know it’s not just Kate, there are so many other influencers who could be included in this rant but really Kate is the only one I personally have followed. I of course am incredibly envious of Kates lifestyle and beauty but it does hurt me and many other of her followers, when you realise just how unrealistic her influencing is. I enjoyed watching her vlogs until I realised how bad they were making me feel about myself. All they consist of is prancing around london getting luxury gifted treatments, splurging on designer gifts for herself, going out for lunch and dinner and drinks almost every single night in the most expensive places in london and continuing to show off the huge hauls of clothing she has purchased yet again or has gotten sent. I don’t doubt that Kate works hard but you can’t argue that most of her following will never have it that easy or get to experience that lavish of a lifestyle especially at the age she is now. I just wonder how many of her followers who are basically funding her lifestyle, can actually afford to buy the things she promotes etc. It also gets me thinking why myself and others follow influencers like this. Does anyone have any thoughts? Maybe for a bit of an escape but it seems odd to use an influencer who has it all as a form of escape when actually deep down it leaves you feeling bad about yourself and where you are at. Its like I start putting myself down for not having designer clothing and handbags and shoes and for not having the money to buy a lush house in a big city or not being able to afford to spend my 20s splurging on expensive dining each night. I’m really curious to hear other people’s thoughts? Maybe have a bit of a conversation about it. As a follower of Kate, how much of the stuff she shows and promotes have you actually been able to purchase? In which ways has she influenced you?
I completely agree with you. I’ve had to unfollow most of the fashion/beauty/lifestyle etc influencers I was following due to them making me feel like shit about what I can realistically achieve and what is achievable. I have to try and remember their lifestyle isn’t realistic and attainable in the slightest and they are the exception not an example. This is why I think influencing is very damaging and I for one couldn’t be in that job due to how fake it all is and how it sets unrealistic expectations and pressure on people who aren’t in the position to be able to buy all the stuff I’d be given for free that I’d have to promote etc. Not to mention the influencers who get gifted kitchens for example that are worth thousands of pounds and their homes look amazing and immaculate! Influencers are just walking talking advertisements. I definitely think it’s gotten out of control and the whole system needs to be looked at and made a lot more stricter especially with the rates these influencers are allowed to charge. It just makes a mockery out of us regular folk.

• Heart