Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh just googled him - very shifty!!!

But regardless of that, if I was in his position and my husband pimped out my intensive care photos I'd be f*cking livid. It's just disgraceful in my opinion.
I would be absolutely disgusted. And I’d hate it if one of my in-laws did it to my brother/sister.

Reactions: 7
I can’t see how she can squeeze any or much more mileage out of it but I’m sure she will try.

Reactions: 3
I’m glad it’s not just me who feels uncomfortable about all of this. I got my head bitten off when I mentioned it felt like she was exploiting him on the Secret Celeb Gossip thread. In the beginning they kept the fact he had Covid and was ventilated a secret. When it all came out Piers Morgan said everyone at GMB and presumably the wider media had known for a while how poorly he was and kept it quiet out of respect. I wonder why she suddenly decides to milk it?

I can't believe people are slating her for having an untidy house, even her home being "old fashioned". It looks messy, agreed, maybe even a little eccentric but it doesn't look unclean or unhygienic and I honestly can't understand why people are bothered about this.

I CAN see why people may have an opinion about the rights and wrongs of sharing personal images of her seriously ill husband but going after her because she's untidy...really?!
I mentioned her untidy house in the context of her coming across as quite scatty and disordered snd that maybe Derek kept things more organised.

I know when someone is in hospital that tidying up is the last thing on someone’s mind (speaking from experience). But the fact she didn’t tidy up even though she knew the cameras were coming round that makes me think she’s like that all the time - which is fine but it comes back to the same thing - if you open your doors for everyone then people will comment.

When she was on I'm a Celebrity, I got the impression (maybe wrongly) that all she did was go to work and Derek looked after everything else. There was much Derekking on each episode whenever she was on, it seemed like she had the narrative then of not being able to function properly without him. Sadly that's continued while the poor man is in the state he's in currently.

Reactions: 13
When she was on I'm a Celebrity, I got the impression (maybe wrongly) that all she did was go to work and Derek looked after everything else. There was much Derekking on each episode whenever she was on, it seemed like she had the narrative then of not being able to function properly without him. Sadly that's continued while the poor man is in the state he's in currently.
Ive known a few women like this who rely on their husband to take care of everything and then when he becomes unwell or worse they dont know to manage.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m sure I read somewhere that all the finances were tied up in dereks name and she was having difficulty finding/ accessing them as she didn’t have financial poa because I remember how thinking how stupid she was to do that in the first place.

Reactions: 6
I like Kate, but lately..... if she gets asked how derek is doing she turns it into a 15 minute answer. You get the impression she’s loving all the attention

Reactions: 9
I feel for her, her husband and the kids especially.
but bloody hell not a day goes by when she doesn’t put a price tag on his dignity and self respect.

this isn’t raising awareness, this is rubbernecking a man who’s been left a shell of his former self with 24/7 care to perform his most basic tasks.

she needs to stop putting all of this online when he’s living it daily.
am I being too judgemental here.
SHE SAID PIERS TOLD HER NOTE EVERTHING DOWN££££££££

Reactions: 1
I’m really uncomfortable with the whole book thing, is she donating any of the profits? Sorry, doesn’t sit well with me, especially as so many people have died from it.

Reactions: 10
I’m really uncomfortable with the whole book thing, is she donating any of the profits? Sorry, doesn’t sit well with me, especially as so many people have died from it.
I agree with this. There’s the argument that Kate is doing all of this because they need the money but they are in a much more privileged position than most who are suffering from the pandemic.

I agree with this. There’s the argument that Kate is doing all of this because they need the money but they are in a much more privileged position than most who are suffering from the pandemic.
That’s a good point actually. Me and my husband both had covid and although it wasn’t catastrophic for us, it still meant a missed mortgage payment. I know it’s nothing compared to some people and we’re both very thankful to come out of it with full health. But still, all around the world people are suffering with the financial impact but can’t write a book about it.

Reactions: 11
Obviously I've never met the woman. I tend to avoid the social circle of television presenters, if I wanted neediness and constant attention I'd get myself a Labrador. Can't stand her. I have a thing about women in their fifties twittering on about banal subjects like girl bands or boybands, call me old fashioned. But boy is she milking the fact her morbidly obese husband had COVID. Dear me ... we've got the book, the TV show. What's next? The 6-part documentary series with a free mask? Chr1st. Enough.

As the above poster mentioned, it's not Kate Garraway with her nannies and house in West London I am concerned about, it's the folks on council estates just living day to day. F*ck off Kate you horrible c0w.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Regarding Derek’s obesity, I remember her saying he was healthy but a little bit overweight when he first when into the hospital.

Reactions: 2
Regarding Derek’s obesity, I remember her saying he was healthy but a little bit overweight when he first when into the hospital.
He definitely wasn’t morbidly obese but he may have had underlying health issues which caused such a severe reaction.

Reactions: 2
He definitely wasn’t morbidly obese but he may have had underlying health issues which caused such a severe reaction.
In the pictures of him taken when in Australia when Kate was in I’m a Celebrity, he looks more than regularly obese.

Reactions: 8
2019, a real figure of fitness. Be nice if they donated all the money they make from his illness to an NHS charity. I doubt Garraway would do that ...

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Not sure which came first, the documentary or the book but either way my first thought genuinely was about how undignified, uncomfortable and intrusive it all is compared to Michael Schumacher. He’s world famous, had a tragic accident but not one part of his life since that accident has been monetised.

Kate honestly needs to stop. I cannot for one second see her donating a generous percentage of what she’s made off of this to a charity that would benefit.

As for the house being so untidy, forgive me for maybe being way off or too skeptical, but do you possibly think it was a deliberate way of making it all look much worse than it was? Like a ‘look how much I’m struggling’.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s hard on everyone but dear god where’s the respect for Derek and the kids? They can’t be okay with it all, especially not when she told the nation/world that her daughter asked her if she was going to kill herself.

Reactions: 6
I know you should never judge how other people deal with trauma or grief (she says before judging looool) but I've always found it weird how calm and level headed she has appeared about the whole situation. Especially like you say, with all the posting of super private photos and details. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure most people in her situation would be struggling immensely and couldn't even consider public facing appearances and stuff like that. Her husband has gone through/is going through something unimaginable and she's OK to make statements about him begging her to die and her kids asking if she's going to kill herself. Like, what? Surely your husband and kids need respect and space to deal with this all far more than your need for public validation?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.