Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen she did an interview with Radio 2 today, and she basically said Derek is barely conscious still and not aware of what is going on, can’t speak etc. So he clearly has absolutely no idea how much is being (over)shared of him. I wonder what his family think, I haven’t seen anyone else speak out about him apart from Kate which is strange when the media seem so keen on it all.
Who did the interview with her?

I read a little while ago that she had been given access to dealing with his company, so that probably would indicate that she does now have power of attorney,

Reactions: 5
I don’t believe for a second that he didn’t have adequate cover in place “just in case”, they are definitely not a couple who need the money

it all feels very seedy

Reactions: 7
Who did the interview with her?

I read a little while ago that she had been given access to dealing with his company, so that probably would indicate that she does now have power of attorney,
It was with Zoe Ball.
Just seems so abusive if I’m honest, not meaning to sound over the top. But Derek clearly has no idea what’s going on, meanwhile she is sharing every intimate detail (some of which is total bullshit; no one remembers word for word what was said New Years Eve 2019 like she is selling) and very vulnerable photos..doesn’t sit right at all. It’s a silly comparison in terms of celebrity scale, but look at Michael Schumacher. Life changing injury, media absolutely desperate for updates but his wife and family have created a ring of steel around him to protect him. Imagine the “income” they have lost out on and how much money they could make from selling him out, but they have taken the proper, dignified route for him. Garraway should take note.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It was with Zoe Ball.
Just seems so abusive if I’m honest, not meaning to sound over the top. But Derek clearly has no idea what’s going on, meanwhile she is sharing every intimate detail (some of which is total bullshit; no one remembers word for word what was said New Years Eve 2019 like she is selling) and very vulnerable photos..doesn’t sit right at all. It’s a silly comparison in terms of celebrity scale, but look at Michael Schumacher. Life changing injury, media absolutely desperate for updates but his wife and family have created a ring of steel around him to protect him. Imagine the “income” they have lost out on and how much money they could make from selling him out, but they have taken the proper, dignified route for him. Garraway should take note.
I do often think of Michael. His family have dealt with it with such dignity, as have the press.
I don’t know where I stand with Kate. I feel for them and I would hate to see my husband suffer in the way Derek has.
I think at one point she said she couldn’t access the joint account? Then go to the bank with ID?
Life insurance wise surely they had critical cover. Any financial advisor would recommend this. I earn £20k a year and manage to afford it so surely on their salaries they could.
I assumed with Derek being home he was making a brilliant recovery but it really doesn’t seem like he is.
I also wish she’d tidy the house or get someone to tidy it because it’s a tit tip!

Reactions: 8
I just feel that it’s all too much. She’s sharing private moments that she shouldn’t be and it’s unfair on her husband. Also it must be hard on her children, those images of their dad at his worst will be on the internet forever. I don’t feel like she is thinking of other people too much.

They do have a big home though in the richest areas of the U.K! As I and a few people have mentioned, so far he was receiving NHS treatment despite them both earning six figure+ salaries. And above all it doesn’t justify her selling his private moments and photos without his consent - he looks totally lost in most of them so I can’t imagine he knows what is going on.
Did he get NHS treatment? I thought so before and it made me angry because for my loved one and people I know loved ones they weren’t given the same intensive treatment that Derek has been given, after a week in the ICU the NHS were encouraging my friend’s mother to remove treatment because he had been under for too long. She refused and there was this massive back and forth and thankfully her Dad started to make a recovery and he’s now back home. He isn’t 100% but he’s nowhere near as bad as Derek. But a few people on here said he was private which would have explained the reason he was kept alive for so long in ICU.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If it was just her I might think “I bet she’s too scatty to organise mortgage insurance” but Derek seems more sensible. My husband was unable to work for a year due to a back condition that left him partially disabled and we would have been gassed without mortgage insurance. I always encourage people now to get it because you just don’t know what’s round the corner

Reactions: 4
I just feel that it’s all too much. She’s sharing private moments that she shouldn’t be and it’s unfair on her husband. Also it must be hard on her children, those images of their dad at his worst will be on the internet forever. I don’t feel like she is thinking of other people too much.

Did he get NHS treatment? I thought so before and it made me angry because for my loved one and people I know loved ones they weren’t given the same intensive treatment that Derek has been given, after a week in the ICU the NHS were encouraging my friend’s mother to remove treatment because he had been under for too long. She refused and there was this massive back and forth and thankfully her Dad started to make a recovery and he’s now back home. He isn’t 100% but he’s nowhere near as bad as Derek. But a few people on here said he was private which would have explained the reason he was kept alive for so long in ICU.
I’m sure someone said that he got ill right at the start of the pandemic and that the treatment was more invasive (sorry to whoever, I’ve probably read that wrong). As far as I know being on a ventilator whist it’s saving your life at the same time it’s damaging your lungs

Reactions: 6
Endless book plugging, surely with Derek home now she would want to be spending the time with him rather then all these interviews? The comments on the Daily Mail articles of her book are all along the same lines of what we are saying here..she needs to wind it up now and let him try and get some peace and dignity.

Reactions: 3
How is Derek do we actually know? Seems to always be about how he was in hospital

Reactions: 1
It’s so overkill isn’t it. Extracts of her book in the DM, the Mirror report her every thought, the constant updates on television, the documentary... they are both clearly very well connected, but (and I sound so awful!) I don’t think many people care that much? I think certain media outlets have been swayed by her/Derek’s connections and overestimated how interested the public are...maybe I’m just heartless! But I don’t know anyone as interested as the media coverage implies.
No you aren't being heartless. He's a totally unknown person to most people in this country. I don't read anything about it as my family has had its own things to deal with as have my neighbours and friends. I have no idea what sort of person would buy her book. I don't watch GMB either.

Reactions: 7
Those boots are hideous with that dress. She's now just said her daughter asked her if she was going to kill herself.
I saw that quote reported on the news. How awful to repeat something your daughter has said in a private conversation when she was at her most scared and vulnerable. Sharing stuff about the kids is horrible.

Reactions: 16
I saw that quote reported on the news. How awful to repeat something your daughter has said in a private conversation when she was at her most scared and vulnerable. Sharing stuff about the kids is horrible.
As soon as she said it I thought about the Daily Mail journos furiously tapping away on their keyboards for their next piece on her. She seemingly wants to share every single facet of their experience.

Reactions: 5
No you aren't being heartless. He's a totally unknown person to most people in this country. I don't read anything about it as my family has had its own things to deal with as have my neighbours and friends. I have no idea what sort of person would buy her book. I don't watch GMB either.
He's not unknown if you follow politics, and in particular some of the scandals when Labour were last in power! Proper shady character back then.

Reactions: 10
She’s really pulling out all the stops with the “heartbroken“ photo shoots that go along with every detailed update.......

Reactions: 6
Gosh just googled him - very shifty!!!

But regardless of that, if I was in his position and my husband pimped out my intensive care photos I'd be f*cking livid. It's just disgraceful in my opinion.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.