Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe wrong to focus on her but if she’s caring for Derek and having to work less,who’s paying the bills,who is dealing with their kids and who is putting food on the table......life has to go on to some extent for the kids and if this is a way of allowing that then surely it’s not all bad. It wouldn’t be for everyone to share private details but hard to say what you would do in such a situation until you are in it.
Would they not have life insurance? That would pay out for a life changing illness? I know both me and my husband have cover.

Reactions: 8
Would they not have life insurance? That would pay out for a life changing illness? I know both me and my husband have cover.
Lots of people get caught out by not having critical care cover in place.

Reactions: 3
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
I feel for her, her husband and the kids especially.
but bloody hell not a day goes by when she doesn’t put a price tag on his dignity and self respect.

this isn’t raising awareness, this is rubbernecking a man who’s been left a shell of his former self with 24/7 care to perform his most basic tasks.

she needs to stop putting all of this online when he’s living it daily.
am I being too judgemental here.
Yes you are, big time as are those who agree with you. Please leave her alone to cope with her grieving and allow her to remind those in denial just how damaging C19 actually is or those who think its nearly all over and that we'll get back to normal soon.

Leave her alone and move on folks, nothing to see here.

Lots of people get caught out by not having critical care cover in place.
Yes I think you are right. So sad for them if that’s the case. Although now he is at home wouldn’t the changes to the house be covered by Occupational Health? We had them out 2 wks ago go modify my grandparents house and things like ramps, rails, changes to the beds and chairs were all done within 48hrs for free by the NHS.

Yes you are, big time as are those who agree with you. Please leave her alone to cope with her grieving and allow her to remind those in denial just how damaging C19 actually is or those who think its nearly all over and that we'll get back to normal soon.

Leave her alone and move on folks, nothing to see here.
She can show how damaging COVID is without disclosing word for word Derek’s last texts before he went into a coma 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 20
Some of the photos that have appeared in the media, have been quite intrusive. Let the poor man continue his recovery with dignity, and in private.

Reactions: 21
She can show how damaging COVID is without disclosing word for word Derek’s last texts before he went into a coma 🤷‍♀️
Personally I think she's been brave, courageous and is helping keep awareness in peoples minds about the risks of covid and also its her way of coping I think. Sometimes you have to hit hard to get a message across. Just my view and no insult meant to other members, just my pennies worth.

Reactions: 8
Another day, another story....

kate garraway has told how husband Derek Draper spoke about his funeral plans as he battled coronavirus.
Stricken Derek, 53, also described how every breath was “mental torture” and he begged to be “put unconscious”.

Please leave her alone to cope with her grieving
hey kids, exclusively in the star today, how daddy begged to die.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Just a couple of observations about that doc that was on a few weeks ago:
1. That kid was REALLY into his lego
2. Her house was so untidy and full of clutter! I know she has other things on her plate rn with derek and tidying isn’t a priority but get the feeling it was like that anyway way before he got ill

Reactions: 6
I have great sympathy for their situation and I guess none of us know how we'd handle it unless it knocked at our door but honestly if I was Derek, if it were me who'd had my life turned upside down and I'd want privacy to come to terms with it. I wouldn't want the world watching me at my most vulnerable. If he has consented then that's different.

Reactions: 7
There are hundreds of thousands of people in a similar situation to her; however, they don’t earn a six figure salary or have the option of making £££ from selling pictures of their loved ones at their most vulnerable. I was also under the impression he was being treated by the NHS rather then privately?
The pictures of him make me seriously uncomfortable.

Reactions: 19
P
There are hundreds of thousands of people in a similar situation to her; however, they don’t earn a six figure salary or have the option of making £££ from selling pictures of their loved ones at their most vulnerable. I was also under the impression he was being treated by the NHS rather then privately?
The pictures of him make me seriously uncomfortable.
exactly my point. I am sure she's earning more than an average person like nurse ? Nurse can't sell daily story though. It's too much and uncomfortable. No dignity

Reactions: 11
He didn't beg to die he begged to be put into a coma because of the breathing difficulties.

Reactions: 4
I have great sympathy for their situation and I guess none of us know how we'd handle it unless it knocked at our door but honestly if I was Derek, if it were me who'd had my life turned upside down and I'd want privacy to come to terms with it. I wouldn't want the world watching me at my most vulnerable. If he has consented then that's different.
I think it is a terrible situation. I would be happier about the endless stories if it could be shown that he had agreed to it. There are some people who wish to film their illnesses to raise the awareness of the need for euthanasia or a greater understanding of certain conditions. If he was able to communicate that he wished to be put in a coma I am sure he will have been able to give his consent for the continuation of coverage of how he is and if he is progressing. I'm more worried about the effect this may be having on their children. I also believe he has his own company and probably is covered by a corporate health care scheme.

Reactions: 4
P
exactly my point. I am sure she's earning more than an average person like nurse ? Nurse can't sell daily story though. It's too much and uncomfortable. No dignity
She didn't work for months and so no income coming in and no access to her husbands funds, at one point she was relying on friends and family to keep going. Yes they earn a good wage but she is no TV superstar and no work = no pay...zero hour contract.

I used to work in care, and looked after people like Derek who had had life changing medical episodes. He has gone from complete independence to complete dependence and that alone has a devastating effect on mental health, let alone your wife writing a book about it.

I find her approach to the whole thing bewildering if I'm honest. And I wonder if the marriage was in a bad place before all of this. It's not the actions of someone who loves you to share your weakness to the world.

Reactions: 16
I used to work in care, and looked after people like Derek who had had life changing medical episodes. He has gone from complete independence to complete dependence and that alone has a devastating effect on mental health, let alone your wife writing a book about it.

I find her approach to the whole thing bewildering if I'm honest. And I wonder if the marriage was in a bad place before all of this. It's not the actions of someone who loves you to share your weakness to the world.
I shouldn't think she knows which way is up to be honest. We are outside looking in. I can't say I am happy with it for me or any family member should the situation arise, well it is actually, but it won't be publicised.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.