Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kat loves a cheap dupe. I’ve ‘known’ Kat for nearly 20 years now (waves at various fashion/ beauty baggers and damsels) and she loves getting a bargain. In fact, the only time I ever met her was in the early 00s at the Handbag HKBL meet - good
quality dupes of the IT bags of the day.

Reactions: 5
I’m fascinated that Kat has a no expense spared budget for clothes, shoes and handbags, plus a beautifully renovated home, but her home furnishings are CHEAP. She gravitates to cheap and basic furniture and accessories.
I actually really love her style and the cushions she bought today. Not sure where she will put them though as they don’t suit her house

Reactions: 2
They must be for her holiday home, surely? She’s always talked about how she only likes black and white/monochrome decor in her family house? These cushions are such a bold step away from that.

FWIW, I haven’t got an issue with her owning a second home. Didn’t she buy it with the inheritance from her mum’s death? I understand it doesn’t exactly add to her ‘relatability factor’ but I’m pretty sure that the funding for the property came from her mum’s estate, not from her and her DH’s own wealth.

Reactions: 2
Kat was very clear the deposit came from the inheritance from her mother, but she and her husband will be servicing the mortgage.

I have no issue with her owning a holiday home, I’m just interested that she doesn’t value her home’s interior. My very wealthy friends sink more money into their homes than wardrobes. 🤷

Reactions: 3
Kat was very clear the deposit came from the inheritance from her mother, but she and her husband will be servicing the mortgage.

I have no issue with her owning a holiday home, I’m just interested that she doesn’t value her home’s interior. My very wealthy friends sink more money into their homes than wardrobes. 🤷
Ah, fair enough. I missed the fact that the holiday home is mortgaged. My comment wasn’t a dig at you, Libertine 🙂, it was a general comment. I agree that she chooses expensive permanent changes and bargain basement accessories which cheapen the overall finished look.

Reactions: 1
What is “damsels” that I’ve seen been mentioned?
It was a forum set up when handbag started dicking about with their parenting boards.

There were a couple of thousand registered users, so not nearly the size of netmums or Mumsnet.

It’s was good for a while then the owner tried to grow it and Facebook took off so it went to rats.

I made some really good friends on there that I’m still in touch with.

I’m not a huge fan of Kat but in terms of homeware I lean towards the cheap and replaceable because my kids are so bloody heavy handed that I can’t bear to see my lovely things broken.
I haven’t her wealth though of course.

Great relatable post the other day from Kat where she details some of her favourite things during lockdown. £100 plus coffee maker, £300 trainers, Chloe handbag, approx £200 worth of perfume.

WTF? Absolutely no sense of what is going on with other people right now.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Kat loves a cheap dupe. I’ve ‘known’ Kat for nearly 20 years now (waves at various fashion/ beauty baggers and damsels) and she loves getting a bargain. In fact, the only time I ever met her was in the early 00s at the Handbag HKBL meet - good
quality dupes of the IT bags of the day.
[Waves back] I didn’t go to that meet but I was the one who ‘discovered’ 😂 HKBL and introduced her to the Handbag laydez 😁

Tried to watch last night’s programme and then my eyes glazed over. She’s a walking mass of cliches. Those white court shoes! They are the new basics according to her.

So that’s the series over now, it’ll be interesting to see if they get a second one. It was just so dull and dated, basically a mash up of What Not To Wear and 10 Years Younger!

Reactions: 8
It could be improved by being filmed a week or two before airing and giving details of where to buy the clothes and prices.

I think the outfits were too safe but the participants all seemed happy in the end.

I fast forwarded to Kat’s segments in the end. The show is a bit drawn out.

I watched one ep and then deleted the rest of them from my sky box. Terrible. I should think the viewing figs are grim, though they may be helped by Covid captivity

I thought it was about time there was a new fashion tv show but this is dire. It’s not Kat as such (she’s one of the best on it) but I don’t understand the whole show. The other ‘stylists’ are all a bit rubbish and there’s no need for so many! Can’t see it lasting myself!

Ugh that BBC show was so boring, and some of the clothes the ‘stylists’ put the ordinary people in were awful. Black shoes with a coloured dress or suit, skinny jeans & an animal print top - so utterly predictable & pedestrian. Kat’s outfits were slightly better TBF, but good grief, what a wash out. I wish they’d resurrect The Clothes Show. A magazine style show rather than a makeover show would be far more interesting.

Reactions: 8
Ugh that BBC show was so boring, and some of the clothes the ‘stylists’ put the ordinary people in were awful. Black shoes with a coloured dress or suit, skinny jeans & an animal print top - so utterly predictable & pedestrian. Kat’s outfits were slightly better TBF, but good grief, what a wash out. I wish they’d resurrect The Clothes Show. A magazine style show rather than a makeover show would be far more interesting.
I used to live for The Clothes Show! It was fab & yes, there’s nothing on TV like it nowadays

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.