Kat Farmer DMBL40 #4 Does my bag look 40 grand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a classic case of 'women can't have it all' which is wrong.

While I think the over sharing on IG is too much it comes down to women are still expected to let their careers go and look after the kids.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of what she does, she's successful and it is her work, travel and unsociable hours come with that 'work'.

Whatever is going on with her husband is sad, you'd hope there would be a level of support and teamwork after Kat supporting him & his successful career.

Reactions: 12
I think she absolutely deserves her career and that parenting is a shared responsibility.
But I also have a teen child that needs more support and parenting than other kids her age. I think Kats booze heavy instahun life is the sticking point. She’s really not doing work that people have respect for, shilling any old thing and showing up to opening of an envelope.
She’s chosen that lifestyle over being more particular with her career. I suppose money talks. You look at Erica Davies, she had the same following a few years ago and isn’t braying into the camera for every day whilst launching margarine. She also has a much better family separation line.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’ll be bringing in more money than him now, and that usually doesn’t go down well with someone that has been the main breadwinner for years. I don’t feel any sympathy for her though…She doesn’t need to be on all these cruises, leaving her kids all the time, she can make a packet staying in the UK.

Reactions: 3
She’s not a happy 50 year old is she. It’s all about priorities isn’t it and the trip Dubai is a higher priority than the happiness of one of her children. Saying that and I’m playing devils advocate here, perhaps she was fed up of being the kept wife and once her Instagram star rose higher and she saw some decent income, a career after kids , she’s reluctant to give it up. Whatever the situation, sharing on Instagram is not a good thing to do.
I think you are right. Now she has a “career” she’s not as dependant on the hubby so maybe that’s what is causing the rift (if there is one). The comment “he has two parents…” may be a little dig at the career obsessed hubby? 🤷‍♀️ It’s sad to be honest. But she’s still annoying 😂
---

I felt for her on those stories about her son. It is her job etc etc BUT she does choose to put her name to things. She gets to sign off on everything she chooses to do or is asked/invited to do.

I work full time, I've no choice. She can decide when she should say no. She has more than most and if her marriage is over, and even if it isn't, she really should put her kids first at this vulnerable time. I'd hate to have that regret hanging over me in a few years. Let Mr. Kat do as he likes, I'd be thinking of myself and my future relationship with my children.
Totally agree!

Reactions: 2
She really is just skin and bone with a ridiculously huge skull like head. Her figure is utterly unenviable, scrawny and she has no breasts or hips at all .

I too couldn’t agree more with her being able to have her career. Whether you’re a fan or not, there’s no denying she’s been extremely successful and despite me finding her pretty irritating, as a woman, I support that. I think the rub for me is balance. It seems she’s giving everything to her career and having nothing left for her kids. And absolutely Mr Farmer should be finding that balance too but as he’s not the one who offloads to 300k followers we don't know if he does or doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
It’s quite wrong and shows however successful you are, in some marriages, there’s still an expectation that the wife defers to the husband. Why shouldn’t she go on a work trip? Her husband should be just as capable to step up and manage whatever is going on at home. I bet she had to do this for years and years.

No one would bat an eyelid if he went off on an overseas work thing. I bet there would be no ‘dad guilt’ either.

My niece is an influencer. She makes a fortune. She had a grad job with one of the Big 3, but gave it up because her TikTok became so huge and she could make more in a day than she was making in a month in her job. On the surface it looks like non-stop freebies and lots of fun. But she actually spends a lot of time on her content and putting herself out there. You can’t just sit back and wait for the cash to roll in, you have to stay visible and current and that takes commitment.

Reactions: 9
I think hats off to her being successful, I could think of nothing worse than sitting in front of a camera most days. I wonder how much work she turns down? I'm assuming when she said yes to the literay festival, the marriage and the child was ok, its probably now just bad timing.

I'd like to think that her management team would perhaps take note of maybe things not being ok and tell her not to take on so much work? I don't know, its a funny old world. Some women are really career driven and even though they have kids are happy that their careers/jobs come first. I had a friend like that, who definitely put herself and anything she was doing before her kids.

Reactions: 4
I would absolutely loathe being an " influencer " or media nobody. Id hate having threads like this about me and I'd hate being in the public eye in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I'd say the Dubai thing was confirmed months ago.

Its really unfortunate that its now coincided with her kid having a tough time though. But it couldn't be foreseen so far in advance. And you really can't cancel the day before.

Reactions: 6

Its really unfortunate that its now coincided with her kid having a tough time though. But it couldn't be foreseen so far in advance. And you really can't cancel the day before.
Absolutely! But you can possibly not say yes to so many trips, for long periods, so regularly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Of course she has a right to a career as does her husband. She has obviously supported her husband as the kids were growing up as he was the “big earner” while she was a stay at home mum (with the blogging as a release for her). The kids get older and she wants something for herself. Why not? Her career sky rockets and the cracks start to show in the marriage/family. Something has to give. She has enjoyed a very nice life while the husband worked (that’s in no doubt) but maybe she enjoys this new found freedom. For me it is about balance though. She had far more choice than most on how much she works/goes away. She really doesn’t need to be away constantly which appears to be the case recently. It’s not as simple as “it’s now her turn”. Or is it? Nobody really knows their family dynamic - apparently they did/do have a nanny which would ease the pressure.

The decisions she has made, with regard to accepting work, do seem a little odd.

• Heart
Maybe she hasn’t been happy for a while and doesn’t enjoy family life. Her career could be giving her an escape route.

Reactions: 9
Two one hour presentations for a week in a luxury hotel and business class , not bad eh. Can you tell i work in the public sector and we do presentations at conferences in the uk fir a soggt sandwich !

• Haha
Exactly Sooz - whatever we think of her choices, she's not stupid (her blogs used to be genuinely well written and funny before she crawled up her own braying backside when TV came knocking) and I'm sure being home alone with 3 children for aeons was soul destroying for her. Pretty sure Mr PWC is pushing back about the new career (which he thinks is many, many rungs below pensions in the grand order of importance) but she's damned if she's getting back in her box now. I know she's an almighty self-absorbed pain, but this side of her I can get on board with.
Kat did not have to be a stay at home mum, I don’t understand this reasoning. No one was locking her at home with three children. She could have continued working, she of all people had a choice. I don’t think anyone has an issue with her pushing ahead with her “career”. It’s the fact that these trips are jolly’s, they are unnecessary, and indulgent excuses to get pissed and have a good time. She is looking for sympathy and validation from her followers to tell her to go, she deserves it.

Reactions: 8
Two one hour presentations for a week in a luxury hotel and business class , not bad eh. Can you tell i work in the public sector and we do presentations at conferences in the uk fir a soggt sandwich !
Same — but now our sandwich budget has been slashed. We’re operating on fumes and good will at this point 🤣

Yes. You absolutely can cancel the day before. Or the day of.
And there is no literary festival organiser in the world who wouldn't understand.

Reactions: 2
Yes. You absolutely can cancel the day before. Or the day of.
And there is no literary festival organiser in the world who wouldn't understand.
Exactly. It is a promotional talk amongst many other talks for the purpose of selling her book. It is not as if she is a surgeon or a teacher where her absence would affect other people. She made a choice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.