Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Denise0211

VIP Member
Her proposal story sounded so American I'm almost doubting Dario is Italian. 😂 Its wild they were so invested in timelines.

Also, she's doing travel tours outside of Italy too? How is she this popular? I can't stand her Clean Girl Tana Mongeau persona.

Reactions: 2

Denise0211

VIP Member
I set a reminder in Libby to notify me if my local library network ever gets a copy of her book so I can read it for free 👀
I hope so! I'm dying of curiosity, at least a few chapters, but I won't give her my money.

I guess the industry has been geared this way for a bit now, but it annoys me fluff from an iNfLueNcEr gets all these promotions and earnings. Meanwhile, good writers who aren't Insta or Tik Tok famous struggle to find a publisher or the publicity. My friend's husband has won two awards at the Torino Salone del Libro in the past few years, but aside from a moment of personal satisfaction it doesn't pay the bills or mean much else. No book tours for him! Lol

Denise0211

VIP Member
That was painful to listen to, the fact she doesn't know very basic things still is actually ridiculous, it serves as a warning not to use babbel if anything. And for that whole thing about making a.mistake using "preservativi" instead of conservanti she still has no idea about false friends, judging from her use of "popolare"
I don't understand why Dario doesn't speak Italian with her. It's really how I learned the most, speaking with my than partner every day. I say this bc 1. It's obvious by her lack of skills she hardly uses Italian and 2. in all her stories with Dario, she's always speaking English with him. Even as an "aside" (obviously her main language would be Eng for her followers.) where language isn't the focus, it's always English. And she doesn't even speak English clearly with him, which I find rude. She eats her words and uses that put on dumb drawl.

Denise0211

VIP Member
So Kacie and Dario bought an apt. We can bet on her own "renovating a ruin" type of series since she says it needs major work. Lol

Denise0211

VIP Member
I can never get past her odd accento dell'est, so having another listen would be torture lol. She really is an awful representation, BUT she's qUirKy and fUn and has a million followers who don't know any better. 🙄

And omg "Ciao, salve, ciao!" 🤣🙄🙄 Defeating the purpose of 'salve.'

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Kacie is a freaking snowflake and becoming a big headed bully. Big head from her book? Not only did she make a new reel about her "misogynist haters" but she responded to EVERYONE disagreeing with her OTT reaction to Swifty's new album. Just a few really benign comments that she couldn't handle. 🙄

View attachment 2889543
View attachment 2889546
View attachment 2889548
She acts as if people are being "mean" personally to her rather than criticising the album. I'm not a swift fan but no one I know who is has been blown away by this album

emm

VIP Member

Why does she speak SO fast she garbles words and I had to listen three times to understand:

“…un’app linguistica, si chima (sic) Babbel. E la mia isenate (sic) mi ha sudderito (sic) di fare questo”

Again driving home that she doesn’t really speak Italian like this, otherwise she’d know better. Imagine Dario watching this content like “wtf are you doing”.

Of course she only speaks Italian “a whole day” when she’s getting paid to, and she can’t even take the time to do a new take where she correctly says “chiama”, “insegnante”, “suggerito”. She’s lazy and a terrible representation for Babbel, why do they keep working with her?
That was painful to listen to, the fact she doesn't know very basic things still is actually ridiculous, it serves as a warning not to use babbel if anything. And for that whole thing about making a.mistake using "preservativi" instead of conservanti she still has no idea about false friends, judging from her use of "popolare"

emm

VIP Member
Marveling because a hotel has the toilet in a separate room to the bath. It will never cease to amaze me how she is seemingly shocked by the most mundane details. Also about how it's important to say bonjour when you enter somewhere in Paris, as if it's not exactly the same in Italy

Denise0211

VIP Member
Btw I found Olive Oil Mommy sans the mommy tradwife schtick

Oh I've seen her, I think I follow. Lol. Or maybe their EVOO acct, but I rarely see their posts.

I heard that on the DL you actually pay to get an Oprah Favorite Things feature? Lol

emm

VIP Member
I don't understand why Dario doesn't speak Italian with her. It's really how I learned the most, speaking with my than partner every day. I say this bc 1. It's obvious by her lack of skills she hardly uses Italian and 2. in all her stories with Dario, she's always speaking English with him. Even as an "aside" (obviously her main language would be Eng for her followers.) where language isn't the focus, it's always English. And she doesn't even speak English clearly with him, which I find rude. She eats her words and uses that put on dumb drawl.
That's how I learned Italian too (clche thing) but I also surrounded myself with Italian speaking friends/flatmates etc so even when my level was very low I was forced to speak it, irs hard to change language after a certain point I guess so she never will.
She reminds me very much of the American mother of my then boyfriend, after 30+years in Italy could barely have a very basic conversation (and other American colleagues I had there) who basically live in an american/international bubble

emm

VIP Member
SO cringe. God that clip she posted of her audiobook, her intonation is awful, it sounds like a first draft

• Haha

Denise0211

VIP Member
FFS. She's worse than George W Bush. 🤦 How has she never heard or used "albeit?" Also, WTH is she wearing? Lol

• Wow

moronglace

Chatty Member
Yet again marveling at how dumb Kacie can be when she mistakes San Giovanni, Florence’s patron saint day as a national holiday in Italy?! Girl has lived in Florence for how long now??

• Haha
  • Wow