Kacie Rose

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By popular demand (and to stop cluttering up Sofie's World's thread) Kacie has her own!
Typical American living in Italy (more specifically Florence) who moved there for love, but possibly the most ignorant about culture I have seen.
Where to start? Her (chef) boyfriend chose to name one of their (beautiful) cats Miso and she thought it was some kind of Italian food...Endlessly advertising language learning apps but has a VERY low level of (awfully pronounced) Italian, currently in London and had no idea everywhere didn't call their underground transport systems The Subway.
Despite all this, for myself anyway, just seemed like the typical clueless and naive American abroad, but in a non offensive,not harming anyone, way. That is until relatively when (gourmand and food conosseur that she is) she was disappointed by a Michelin dining experience and encouraged her Stans to go over and criticise the restaurant. I don't have time to go into her ridiculous complaint but her boyfriend doesn't seem to back her up abotu it and the restaurant themselves seem to find it funny, so her stans tagging the Michelin Giude in their complaints doesn't seem to have had any effect :ROFLMAO:
What have I missed?
Enjoy!

Reactions: 3
I think you covered it! Used to think she was harmless, too, but the Michelin thing shows she is not shy to use her followers as a weapon.

Seems to be on a sponsored food tour so no big faux pas yet lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think you covered it! Used to think she was harmless, too, but the Michelin thing shows she is not shy to use her followers as a weapon.

Seems to be on a sponsored food tour so no big faux pas yet lol.
I'm waiting for some kind of comment about "it's so funny to hear English everywhere, I'm so used to speaking Italian now" as a segue into another ad for whatever that language app is

FFS. She's worse than George W Bush. 🤦 How has she never heard or used "albeit?" Also, WTH is she wearing? Lol

• Wow
Shes really trying to play up the dumb American stereotype 🤦‍♀️
But is she playing? 🤣 I honestly feel she's that hokey and uneducated. Though, yeah, I do feel she embraces it bc she knows most of her subs are just the same. Instead of assimilating to her new home and improving her knowledge, she just stays her same stunted self to be relatable I guess.

It's amazing to me she lived in NYC for years and is still so derpy.

But is she playing? 🤣 I honestly feel she's that hokey and uneducated. Though, yeah, I do feel she embraces it bc she knows most of her subs are just the same. Instead of assimilating to her new home and improving her knowledge, she just stays her same stunted self to be relatable I guess.

It's amazing to me she lived in NYC for years and is still so derpy.
Yeh I'd say she's just stopped even trying to hide how ignorant she is
The way she looked at 'albeit' didn't seem like she didn't know how to pronounce it, it was like she'd never seen the word before. No way in hell she wrote this book alone

She was more passionate about Taco Bell in one story than her entire 1500 euro dinner

• Haha
I'm still confused as to why she was shocked someone said that. Her entire personality was Cheetos, boxed mac'n' cheese and ranch dressing on everything. That is, until she started earning enough to treat Dario to Michelin restaurants lol.

Why does she speak SO fast she garbles words and I had to listen three times to understand:

“…un’app linguistica, si chima (sic) Babbel. E la mia isenate (sic) mi ha sudderito (sic) di fare questo”

Again driving home that she doesn’t really speak Italian like this, otherwise she’d know better. Imagine Dario watching this content like “wtf are you doing”.

Of course she only speaks Italian “a whole day” when she’s getting paid to, and she can’t even take the time to do a new take where she correctly says “chiama”, “insegnante”, “suggerito”. She’s lazy and a terrible representation for Babbel, why do they keep working with her?

• Haha
I can never get past her odd accento dell'est, so having another listen would be torture lol. She really is an awful representation, BUT she's qUirKy and fUn and has a million followers who don't know any better. 🙄

And omg "Ciao, salve, ciao!" 🤣🙄🙄 Defeating the purpose of 'salve.'

• Haha

Why does she speak SO fast she garbles words and I had to listen three times to understand:

“…un’app linguistica, si chima (sic) Babbel. E la mia isenate (sic) mi ha sudderito (sic) di fare questo”

Again driving home that she doesn’t really speak Italian like this, otherwise she’d know better. Imagine Dario watching this content like “wtf are you doing”.

Of course she only speaks Italian “a whole day” when she’s getting paid to, and she can’t even take the time to do a new take where she correctly says “chiama”, “insegnante”, “suggerito”. She’s lazy and a terrible representation for Babbel, why do they keep working with her?
That was painful to listen to, the fact she doesn't know very basic things still is actually ridiculous, it serves as a warning not to use babbel if anything. And for that whole thing about making a.mistake using "preservativi" instead of conservanti she still has no idea about false friends, judging from her use of "popolare"

That was painful to listen to, the fact she doesn't know very basic things still is actually ridiculous, it serves as a warning not to use babbel if anything. And for that whole thing about making a.mistake using "preservativi" instead of conservanti she still has no idea about false friends, judging from her use of "popolare"
I don't understand why Dario doesn't speak Italian with her. It's really how I learned the most, speaking with my than partner every day. I say this bc 1. It's obvious by her lack of skills she hardly uses Italian and 2. in all her stories with Dario, she's always speaking English with him. Even as an "aside" (obviously her main language would be Eng for her followers.) where language isn't the focus, it's always English. And she doesn't even speak English clearly with him, which I find rude. She eats her words and uses that put on dumb drawl.

I don't understand why Dario doesn't speak Italian with her. It's really how I learned the most, speaking with my than partner every day. I say this bc 1. It's obvious by her lack of skills she hardly uses Italian and 2. in all her stories with Dario, she's always speaking English with him. Even as an "aside" (obviously her main language would be Eng for her followers.) where language isn't the focus, it's always English. And she doesn't even speak English clearly with him, which I find rude. She eats her words and uses that put on dumb drawl.
That's how I learned Italian too (clche thing) but I also surrounded myself with Italian speaking friends/flatmates etc so even when my level was very low I was forced to speak it, irs hard to change language after a certain point I guess so she never will.
She reminds me very much of the American mother of my then boyfriend, after 30+years in Italy could barely have a very basic conversation (and other American colleagues I had there) who basically live in an american/international bubble

So she's advertising yet another language learning app!! 😅😅😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1