JustinScarred

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New video is out...still on Route 66 on this unplanned/no thought trip.

This also showed night #2 on this trip and he checked into another motel. I could be wrong, but I swear one of his biggest selling points for getting this van was to sleep in it while on the road.

The van is also a big tank gas guzzler so he's probably paying $80-$100 each time he fills up (maybe more?), which is quite a few stops. While the motels he's staying at are not 5-star by any means, these cost money too. Truck stops, while not luxurious, are free...and I'm sure there is some manageable KOA type places as well. For someone whose father had to put money into his overdrawn account, he is forking out a lot of dough for this already...and he's only to New Mexico!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
New video is out...still on Route 66 on this unplanned/no thought trip.

This also showed night #2 on this trip and he checked into another motel. I could be wrong, but I swear one of his biggest selling points for getting this van was to sleep in it while on the road.

The van is also a big tank gas guzzler so he's probably paying $80-$100 each time he fills up (maybe more?), which is quite a few stops. While the motels he's staying at are not 5-star by any means, these cost money too. Truck stops, while not luxurious, are free...and I'm sure there is some manageable KOA type places as well. For someone whose father had to put money into his overdrawn account, he is forking out a lot of dough for this already...and he's only to New Mexico!
He should have just bought a decent used car if he really wanted another vehicle specifically for going on the road. I find it interesting how he keeps referencing that the van will probably break down; I feel like he's regretting his decision big time while also begging for sympathy dollars. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that he is going on a month long road trip in that thing when the whole dashboard keeps failing like that. He could get seriously injured or killed if something goes wrong and he just assumes it is fine. (Or even in the best case scenario get a speeding ticket from having zero clue what his speed is.)

• Heart
I'm not caught up with his episodes at the moment. I've been waiting to see/hear that that POS van broke down. That janky tablet install is hysterical. What an irresponsible purchase. But hey, it's JustinScarred the ironic mechanic wearing t-shirt 40 year old.

• Haha
  • Heart
I used to watch a few RV and van dwellers on YouTube. Am unreliable vehicle can make for interesting content and increased donations from the faithful.

I'm kind of surprised these small attractions let him video inside. Kind of kills the surprise but I suppose it is free advertising.

Reactions: 8
Road trip update video is out. Very short, only a few minutes. Just wanting to let his viewers know that he stayed a little longer in Kansas to have a friend check out the van. By check out, we see said friend change his oil and tell him the van needs a tune up (which he’s supposedly going to get in another town down the road).
While he was there, he hung out with his buddy for the night.
This doesn’t seem like it was an unplanned stop at all, but why not just say that? Trying to drum up and get more support probably.
“oh no, Justin is having more trouble with the van, let’s send him more money” ?
I’ve seen many of his road trips…it feels like this one is just such a blatant cash grab.

• Heart
Road trip update video is out. Very short, only a few minutes. Just wanting to let his viewers know that he stayed a little longer in Kansas to have a friend check out the van. By check out, we see said friend change his oil and tell him the van needs a tune up (which he’s supposedly going to get in another town down the road).
This doesn’t seem like it was an unplanned stop at all, but why not just say that? Trying to drum up and get more support probably.
“oh no, Justin is having more trouble with the van, let’s send him more money” ?
I’ve seen many of his road trips…it feels like this one is just such a blatant cash grab.
He has been doing this long enough to know you change your oil before you head out on a cross country road trip. He had to have done this on purpose for sympathy. Not cool.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Glad to see this thread here. I just recently discovered this site while going down a rabbithole to find out the truth behind whether or not ATW actually trolled anyone, and landed here. I was a big JS fan in his earlier videos. I could see he was a manchild, but I didn't mind so much at first. Then one day here comes this girlfriend... she looked young, but so do I- my sisters and I all look ten years younger than we are, so it never bugged me that she looked so young. But he kept calling her little, tiny, etc, and that was odd. Then there's the video- I don't remember what year or title at this point- where they're sitting in a car, and for some reason he's pressuring her to say what high school she went to. She is obv reluctant and does it anyway, and that was one weird freaking uncomfortable dynamic to watch, and it bugged me enough to look up said high school, with her name, and discovered she was 17 when they met.

Suddenly all this talk about how her family hates him, they kept her like Rapunzel in a tower, and all his 'she's so little' all came together, and it was clear this guy *wants* people to know how young she is. Now the 'all the haters didn't want us to be together' hits different. Well of course her family hates him! Some 38 yr old man gets together with my 17 yr old, convinces her to run away and be with him, not only am I going to hate him, I'm probably going to end up in jail. I cannot imagine what the family must have gone through.

SO gross. Then you think about the fact that his ex-wife and him were together since he was 15, and then she dumped him on Valentine's Day when the kid was 5 (kid can go to school, no longer need the house-husband be home all day), and yep. Justin talks about how when he hugged Ally the first time it was like a thousand Cupid's arrows shooting into him... no dude that's just your psychology revisiting being 15 and falling in love again. A grown man doesn't respond to that like he's a teenager, he freaking looks at this CHILD in front of him, and STEPS AWAY. 17 doesn't seem young when you're 17, but it does when you're in your 30s- or at least, it should.

I hadn't looked at his Ig in ages but it came up out of nowhere, and there she was all in a serious medical situation. This road trip corresponds with a sudden change in his IG content, where one day, he's using Ally's medical situation for views, a GoFundMe, and then suddenly nothing about her. All those public IG posts must have got her family's attention. My theory is someone in her family showed up during this life-threatening time she's in and so he took off. I would hope they take her home, but I doubt she will be out from under his creepy spell until she herself is old enough to realize how young she was when he took advantage of her crush on him.

Dude is emotionally stunted and needs therapy. She's going to need therapy when she finally gets away from this guy who's been engaged for her all these years and won't freaking marry her because 'I can't afford to in the way I want to marry her' and NOW I wonder if he gets spousal support from his ex wife, having been a house husband all those years, and if that's the case, if he will lose it if he remarries. I mean why wait, you claim this perfect love story, a city hall marriage ought to be good enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Plus it was incredibly stupid of him to say, "Oh yeah I've never done any favors for you, dude! As a matter of fact, I stole your guitar player and spray painted graffiti all over your van! 🤪" I would NEVER have helped him out with his dumb van, especially after he rubbed salt in the wound; I'm glad the dude's kid threw a basketball at his camera.

Oh and then there was the, "LOL it would be rude not to have him work on my piece of tit van for free! 😏" line. God...

Reactions: 6
Plus it was incredibly stupid of him to say, "Oh yeah I've never done any favors for you, dude! As a matter of fact, I stole your guitar player and spray painted graffiti all over your van! 🤪" I would NEVER have helped him out with his dumb van, especially after he rubbed salt in the wound; I'm glad the dude's kid threw a basketball at his camera.

Oh and then there was the, "LOL it would be rude not to have him work on my piece of tit van for free! 😏" line. God...
He made another comment too about how the mechanic he went to before leaving didn't do that great of a job if he needed a tune up already...wasn't that a friend too? Way to throw him under the bus :rolleyes:

• Wow
Glad to see this thread here. I just recently discovered this site while going down a rabbithole to find out the truth behind whether or not ATW actually trolled anyone, and landed here. I was a big JS fan in his earlier videos. I could see he was a manchild, but I didn't mind so much at first. Then one day here comes this girlfriend... she looked young, but so do I- my sisters and I all look ten years younger than we are, so it never bugged me that she looked so young. But he kept calling her little, tiny, etc, and that was odd. Then there's the video- I don't remember what year or title at this point- where they're sitting in a car, and for some reason he's pressuring her to say what high school she went to. She is obv reluctant and does it anyway, and that was one weird freaking uncomfortable dynamic to watch, and it bugged me enough to look up said high school, with her name, and discovered she was 17 when they met.

Suddenly all this talk about how her family hates him, they kept her like Rapunzel in a tower, and all his 'she's so little' all came together, and it was clear this guy *wants* people to know how young she is. Now the 'all the haters didn't want us to be together' hits different. Well of course her family hates him! Some 38 yr old man gets together with my 17 yr old, convinces her to run away and be with him, not only am I going to hate him, I'm probably going to end up in jail. I cannot imagine what the family must have gone through.

SO gross. Then you think about the fact that his ex-wife and him were together since he was 15, and then she dumped him on Valentine's Day when the kid was 5 (kid can go to school, no longer need the house-husband be home all day), and yep. Justin talks about how when he hugged Ally the first time it was like a thousand Cupid's arrows shooting into him... no dude that's just your psychology revisiting being 15 and falling in love again. A grown man doesn't respond to that like he's a teenager, he freaking looks at this CHILD in front of him, and STEPS AWAY. 17 doesn't seem young when you're 17, but it does when you're in your 30s- or at least, it should.

I hadn't looked at his Ig in ages but it came up out of nowhere, and there she was all in a serious medical situation. This road trip corresponds with a sudden change in his IG content, where one day, he's using Ally's medical situation for views, a GoFundMe, and then suddenly nothing about her. All those public IG posts must have got her family's attention. My theory is someone in her family showed up during this life-threatening time she's in and so he took off. I would hope they take her home, but I doubt she will be out from under his creepy spell until she herself is old enough to realize how young she was when he took advantage of her crush on him.

Dude is emotionally stunted and needs therapy. She's going to need therapy when she finally gets away from this guy who's been engaged for her all these years and won't freaking marry her because 'I can't afford to in the way I want to marry her' and NOW I wonder if he gets spousal support from his ex wife, having been a house husband all those years, and if that's the case, if he will lose it if he remarries. I mean why wait, you claim this perfect love story, a city hall marriage ought to be good enough.
Welcome to the thread!

It's interesting how so many of us had the same experience with Justin. I also loved Justin's videos (especially its topics on Route 66 and mental health). The childish behavior was a little annoying but I ignored it because I loved the quality of his videos so much. But as I learned more about his personal life and grew older, I felt really uncomfortable watching his videos. Also, like with many YouTubers at the time, I lost a lot of respect for Justin because of how much he has travelled during the pandemic. It seems very antithetical to the Quest of Positivity to constantly travel and potentially endanger the health of others.

Another thing to add, I was only nineteen when I first discovered Justin. I was very naive at the time and so I thought his relationship with Ally was completely normal. As I grew older, I realized how creepy and unsettling it was. God knows how many other people my age have discovered Justin and have been normalized by these types of relationships.

That's the thing that frustrates me a lot about his videos. I want to like his videos but he just gives so much red flags as a person. His videos are really high quality and I think that's why he has a solid base of fans. Even if you go to other threads on Tattle there are people who are willing to defend him. It feels so hypocritical to call out the behaviors of other Disney YouTubers while suddenly acting like Justin's some amazing human being.

Welcome to the thread!

It's interesting how so many of us had the same experience with Justin. I also loved Justin's videos (especially its topics on Route 66 and mental health). The childish behavior was a little annoying but I ignored it because I loved the quality of his videos so much. But as I learned more about his personal life and grew older, I felt really uncomfortable watching his videos. Also, like with many YouTubers at the time, I lost a lot of respect for Justin because of how much he has travelled during the pandemic. It seems very antithetical to the Quest of Positivity to constantly travel and potentially endanger the health of others.

Another thing to add, I was only nineteen when I first discovered Justin. I was very naive at the time and so I thought his relationship with Ally was completely normal. As I grew older, I realized how creepy and unsettling it was. God knows how many other people my age have discovered Justin and have been normalized by these types of relationships.

That's the thing that frustrates me a lot about his videos. I want to like his videos but he just gives so much red flags as a person. His videos are really high quality and I think that's why he has a solid base of fans. Even if you go to other threads on Tattle there are people who are willing to defend him. It feels so hypocritical to call out the behaviors of other Disney YouTubers while suddenly acting like Justin's some amazing human being.
I remember not really thinking too much about his relationship with Ally. They romanticized it so much. It took me an embarrassingly long time to really think about it. Even if she was actually of legal age when they started dating, he was still in his 30s...that's just creepy. Add in all the comments he makes about her being tiny (also about her having his children :sick: like he doesn't already have a teenager). He definitely seems stuck in his punk days (age and maturity wise) and maybe that's why he related to Ally at the start because they were mentally the same age.
For me, this whole health scare Ally had was the true eye opener. I could overlook a lot of annoyances, because his video quality was good and the topics were interesting. He acted like it was such a chore taking care of her and made it all about how hard it was for him the whole time...not to mention the money issues at the same time. Ever since then, it seems like everything he does is just idiotic.
I still think there is something very odd about this trip he's on though...something more than just getting out on the road again and driving this van. It really seems like there's some other reason he jumped out on the road, besides eventually going to see his uncle...eventually.

• Heart
I remember not really thinking too much about his relationship with Ally. They romanticized it so much. It took me an embarrassingly long time to really think about it. Even if she was actually of legal age when they started dating, he was still in his 30s...that's just creepy. Add in all the comments he makes about her being tiny (also about her having his children :sick: like he doesn't already have a teenager). He definitely seems stuck in his punk days (age and maturity wise) and maybe that's why he related to Ally at the start because they were mentally the same age.
For me, this whole health scare Ally had was the true eye opener. I could overlook a lot of annoyances, because his video quality was good and the topics were interesting. He acted like it was such a chore taking care of her and made it all about how hard it was for him the whole time...not to mention the money issues at the same time. Ever since then, it seems like everything he does is just idiotic.
I still think there is something very odd about this trip he's on though...something more than just getting out on the road again and driving this van. It really seems like there's some other reason he jumped out on the road, besides eventually going to see his uncle...eventually.
I was uncomfortable how he made that comment about wanting to have kids with her IMMEDIATELY AFTER her intestine surgery... Not the time and place, dude. Besides, does she even want kids?

It is very telling that she is always sending him out of the house since she gets annoyed with him. I think it is a blessing in disguise that their wedding got delayed; their relationship is going to fail eventually. I hope Ally can build a support system to gain her independence from him.

I was uncomfortable how he made that comment about wanting to have kids with her IMMEDIATELY AFTER her intestine surgery... Not the time and place, dude. Besides, does she even want kids?

It is very telling that she is always sending him out of the house since she gets annoyed with him. I think it is a blessing in disguise that their wedding got delayed; their relationship is going to fail eventually. I hope Ally can build a support system to gain her independence from him.
I think she did for a while, who knows maybe still does...I think based on what she's gone through just with this whole health scare alone, she may be rethinking. If she would be able to still have kids after this that is.
She seems to be really into fashion and she really loves France. I could see her eventually getting into a school there somewhere and just kind of disappearing.
To kind of steal from another thread here, while he has been on the road, she seems to be living her best life spending time with friends and doing what she actually wants to do. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve always liked Justin’s videos (I’m a huge Route 66 fan), but there’s always been something off about him. I remember a couple of years ago, he did a vlog and said something about people asking him how to start on YouTube. His answer was very condescending, basically saying people should put their talents to other uses. I get the point behind it, but it had a very gatekeeping feel to it.

His posts on the FB group also seem to have that same asshole energy. He always wants people to do work for him. One day, he was looking for an old teacher. People found her in a few minutes. He could have easily Googled her name and came up with the same info.

I also don’t like the crisis of the day. We all have problems, but he’s almost 40 and constantly whines. Adults handle problems and don’t look for a handout on YT.

One last thing, someone said that he takes some of his viewers’ gifts and sells them in his booth. That’s kinda crappy.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Speaking of...new road trip update! And this guy is seriously a dumbass. I'm ashamed I ever followed him to be honest.

He got his lemon van to Hannibal, of course. Talking about just having to spend maybe two or three days in one of his favorite cities after conveniently mentioning he was supposedly two or three days ahead. His lemon van was at a mechanic there and shocker, needs a full tune up.

I swear he used to be one of the good ones. Now I can barely even hate watch him anymore. He was always immature and annoying, but he's really decided to up that by a thousand.

How’s van life working out for you, Justin?

View attachment 1277291
I was part of this group before leaving Facebook a year or so ago. Is it still kind of cult like leaning? There are certainly worse things to follow than the quest for positivity, but some were taking it a little too far/seriously.

Reactions: 5
If he's following the grifter's playbook he will do some sort of fundraiser for the transmission repairs. With his large Patreon following he might keep it hush hush and ask them for money first before going to the general public. Hinting on a Facebook group though sounds like a GoFundMe or something similar could be forthcoming.

I was part of this group before leaving Facebook a year or so ago. Is it still kind of cult like leaning? There are certainly worse things to follow than the quest for positivity, but some were taking it a little too far/seriously.
Yep, it's still full of boomers who think that Justin Scarred is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

• Haha
I am a boomer, although I am not like most boomers. I think Justin is the king of sad pathetic help me content. Grow up, get a job and support your family on your own dime!

• Heart
Reactions: 9