Just Jess #3 Be careful what you wish for "Just Jess", the staff have resigned leaving her with the mess!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happened to her opening a shop in Wellington?!
That was just a showy, "im a top Auckland baker here to get some ideas from you little Wellington bakers, " trip to get ideas for BBHQ2.0.

We know what happened with HQ2.0. Don't think it was a good idea to bad mouth other bakers in public like she did, made her look petty. And what was the outcome of the trip....

Reactions: 6
I don’t follow Jess much - but has she stopped going to F45? I considered joining but didn’t want to while she was the ambassador for Kumeū.

Reactions: 1
So, her "pop up" with bestie Edna looks like it's part time hours, mornings only.
To ger a "free" coffee you have to have spent $150 (hardly a free coffee).

Why not encourage your clients in with a free coffee and a small treat. I presume it's not a true pop up shop as BJ would need a licence to sell food. Where is she getting another coffee machine from if the shop is open as well? The lure of JJBB coffee would not encourage me to spend $150.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Can't believe she thinks it's appropriate to wear street clothes whilst preparing food for clients. Even her worker has the decency to wear an apron. And those disgusting nails handling that cake🤢. Off to Pilates in the same clothes then back into the bakery. How does she even get a hygiene rating

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Ummm eww cookies made on the 11/10... no way is that a label from anything else it would have been so easy to pull off whilst washing it 🤮🤮🤮 this Chick is thick as bricks that would put people off seeing that
Genuine question: I’m not a baker but I DO meal prep a lot and freeze for mid-week cooking.
When she has labels like this is it because she has been freezing cookie dough and the food she pre-makes?
I know myself that I freeze cookie dough in balls, make cakes ahead for birthdays and freeze, and so on.
Obviously not ideal but I’m wondering if this is what she’s doing but not being honest about it 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Genuine question: I’m not a baker but I DO meal prep a lot and freeze for mid-week cooking.
When she has labels like this is it because she has been freezing cookie dough and the food she pre-makes?
I know myself that I freeze cookie dough in balls, make cakes ahead for birthdays and freeze, and so on.
Obviously not ideal but I’m wondering if this is what she’s doing but not being honest about it 🤔

She deff could be I deff think she does with the cakes

Reactions: 5
Yea bound to be cookie dough balls she’s prepped and frozen

Reactions: 4
Yea bound to be cookie dough balls she’s prepped and frozen
Except it’s not cookie dough. You see her crack the lid on two containers full of completely baked shortbread biscuits. She’s cracking the lid to thaw them out and reduce condensation inside the containers when they warm up. She’s baking and freezing whole cookies to use at a later date. Pre making and freezing dough I can accept. Whole cookies is lazy tit business practices.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
She deff could be I deff think she does with the cakes
It’s actually really good to freeze cakes! It makes it easier to ice and the unfreeze really moist.
I know a lot of cake makers freeze them a few days before needing to have them ready.
It kinda looks like she has kept made biscuits in that container

It’s actually really good to freeze cakes! It makes it easier to ice and the unfreeze really moist.
I know a lot of cake makers freeze them a few days before needing to have them ready.
It kinda looks like she has kept made biscuits in that container
Even if it’s a container of freshly made biscuits, it still shows she can’t follow basic food hygiene practices by removing the old date on the container and putting the date of cooking on there. Also shows she didn’t bother to wash the lid. Imagine if a staff member didn’t know they were fresh, they would see 20 day old cookies and could have tossed them. Either way, paints her in a lazy light.

• Heart
Even if it’s a container of freshly made biscuits, it still shows she can’t follow basic food hygiene practices by removing the old date on the container and putting the date of cooking on there. Also shows she didn’t bother to wash the lid. Imagine if a staff member didn’t know they were fresh, they would see 20 day old cookies and could have tossed them. Either way, paints her in a lazy light.
I definitely think she’s had them in there since the 11th she’s a grotty lazy witch.
She’s so unhygienic she probably doesn’t even wear deodorant

• Heart
Height of laziness IF it’s just an old label!
Takes 2 seconds to peel off a label before it gets washed in (hopefully!) a dishwasher/steriliser!
…and if you leave stickers on because you cbf, when they do go through, it makes them that much harder to get off!
She’s really so terrible at every aspect of her job/business!

Reactions: 7
Is this an example of repurposing chonkies which haven't sold😳
Fresh "chonkies" have an icing sugar coating. As they age, and, are exposed to the environment or moisture in the fridge, the icing becomes damp, is absorbed into the cake....
So, are these yesterday's with an Egg on the top Lemon meringue on the top
I think you're onto something there, and that's bleeping disgusting 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Fresh "chonkies" have an icing sugar coating. As they age, and, are exposed to the environment or moisture in the fridge, the icing becomes damp, is absorbed into the cake....
What the duck is a chonkie

• Haha
Ewwww, the second photo, has the cream turned to goo? Looks absolutely rank. What is she DOING?

Why doesn’t she just donate her leftover stock? Lots of bakeries do that! Reusing it is just revolting.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.