Julie Stanton #3 Hey hooge spender!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
976156D1-9C06-42C9-A68A-BA3FC07A4D0D.jpeg
2FB8F1DE-54A4-4D6F-A146-DB8FD47998EA.jpeg

Comments from Julie’s mental health video.

It’s dangerous to allow unqualified people on the internet to give advice about mental health especially when they’re encouraging people to read books like the Steven Bartlett one. It’s a manipulative book written by millionaire who also isn’t qualified to spout the tit that he does. Julie monetised that video which makes it even less sincere. Her ultimate goal is to get people to watch her videos to make money.
I also agree that she doesn’t have OCD. I was jumped on for saying that previously, but I stand by it. OCD is not about cleaning or wanting things to be a certain way. It’s a serious illness which has a debilitating affect on the sufferers life.
I don’t know what is up with Julie, but it’s nothing to do with her mental health.

Reactions: 29
Depression is rife, it’s rife..rife…it’s rife…depression is rife …

how many times can she mention depression us rife ‘us as hoooooman beings’ 🙄🙄 then continues to look down at her notes!!
She’s a joke!!!!! 😡

Reactions: 17
What have I just watched…… ‘our problems are trivial’ how does she know what people’s problems are? Extremely dangerous statement.

Reactions: 18
I’ve reported it too. I dread to think of someone in a desperate situation looking for hope only to hear Julie preaching about our problems being trivial.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Julie must be trying to save some pennies by getting atticus to dye her hair 🤐😂
B28C0B68-E2F3-4B2D-ABD4-115EA63B1473.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I have just watched Wendy's new upload, Wendy being Julie's mum, and she is speaking about what she got for her birthday. I noted that she talked with enthusiasm about what Atticus and Pam got her, lovely thoughtful gifts, before she skimmed over what Julie got her, and was stunned to hear that all Julie got her was some Tesco vouchers which she probably got cheaply or even for free as she works for Tesco! Says a lot about their relationship I think and why Julie doesn't often mention her mum or visit her.

Seriously though, all that money and all she gives her mum on her birthday is some Tesco vouchers she probably got for free!

Wendy also says Julie has had a lot of health problems over the last year.

The video is really worth watching as it reveals a lot about the family dynamics. It doesn't appear Julie played much part in Wendy's birthday at all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I have just watched Wendy's new upload, Wendy being Julie's mum, and she is speaking about what she got for her birthday. I noted that she talked with enthusiasm about what Atticus and Pam got her, lovely thoughtful gifts, before she skimmed over what Julie got her, and was stunned to hear that all Julie got her was some Tesco vouchers which she probably got cheaply or even for free as she works for Tesco! Says a lot about their relationship I think and why Julie doesn't often mention her mum or visit her.

Seriously though, all that money and all she gives her mum on her birthday is some Tesco vouchers she probably got for free!

Wendy also says Julie has had a lot of health problems over the last year.

The video is really worth watching as it reveals a lot about the family dynamics. It doesn't appear Julie played much part in Wendy's birthday at all.
In fairness if she talked with enthusiasm about what Atticus got her then Julie obviously bought those gifts!

Plus I buy my Mum vouchers or give her money as she’s hard to buy for and always prefers money/vouchers to choose her own stuff 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Julie is insanely jealous Ana got to go to the Steven bartlett talk. Can't believe our chief influencer Julie didn't get an invite she's mentioned the book at least 6 times.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 1285491View attachment 1285493
Comments from Julie’s mental health video.

It’s dangerous to allow unqualified people on the internet to give advice about mental health especially when they’re encouraging people to read books like the Steven Bartlett one. It’s a manipulative book written by millionaire who also isn’t qualified to spout the tit that he does. Julie monetised that video which makes it even less sincere. Her ultimate goal is to get people to watch her videos to make money.
I also agree that she doesn’t have OCD. I was jumped on for saying that previously, but I stand by it. OCD is not about cleaning or wanting things to be a certain way. It’s a serious illness which has a debilitating affect on the sufferers life.
I don’t know what is up with Julie, but it’s nothing to do with her mental health.
Totally agree with you. I actually find it really worrying how many people think they're now entitled (absolutely not qualified enough) to give MH guidance etc.

Worst thing I've ever come across like this is Facebook mental health groups (search for one called Marianas Trench Mental Health - it was thousands and thousands of members) where random people sign up to be admins/mods and give mental health advice to people who are suffering. It's very dangerous and there's screenshots on facebook of the 'group owner' telling people to kill themselves and then brushing it off as one of her 'alter personalities' Honestly it boggles my mind how things like this are allowed online.

Reactions: 2
In fairness if she talked with enthusiasm about what Atticus got her then Julie obviously bought those gifts!
Atticus bought her a keyring with his own money so still hardly broke Julie's bank lol

Plus I buy my Mum vouchers or give her money as she’s hard to buy for and always prefers money/vouchers to choose her own stuff 🤷‍♀️
It was the fact it was Tesco vouchers that got me as she works for Tesco / maybe gets paid in vouchers etc.

Wendy even talked about mental health in her video so they're all at it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It’s okay to talk about your own mental health experiences but to start giving out advice when you’re not qualified is v.v.v dangerous

Reactions: 12
Totally agree with you. I actually find it really worrying how many people think they're now entitled (absolutely not qualified enough) to give MH guidance etc.

Worst thing I've ever come across like this is Facebook mental health groups (search for one called Marianas Trench Mental Health - it was thousands and thousands of members) where random people sign up to be admins/mods and give mental health advice to people who are suffering. It's very dangerous and there's screenshots on facebook of the 'group owner' telling people to kill themselves and then brushing it off as one of her 'alter personalities' Honestly it boggles my mind how things like this are allowed online.
As someone who is qualified (clinical psychologist here), it is okay to give mental HEALTH advice, but completely not okay to give advice on a mental illness. everyone sees their friends and family in low or down situations, and we can all give advice on what to do to help pick that person back up, but nothing on Julies video will cure a severe or even acute mental illness. i think thats the distinction she didnt make in the video. some of her advice would be good for, for example, stress during an exam season, or after a breakup, but the second you start talking about mental health illnesses/disorders its all irrelevant, like reading a book or going on holiday will cure something like depression, PTSD or a personality disorder.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As someone who is qualified (clinical psychologist here), it is okay to give mental HEALTH advice, but completely not okay to give advice on a mental illness. everyone sees their friends and family in low or down situations, and we can all give advice on what to do to help pick that person back up, but nothing on Julies video will cure a severe or even acute mental illness. i think thats the distinction she didnt make in the video. some of her advice would be good for, for example, stress during an exam season, or after a breakup, but the second you start talking about mental health illnesses/disorders its all irrelevant, like reading a book or going on holiday will cure something like depression, PTSD or a personality disorder.
I'm also a psychologist and I second this! Videos like this do help destigmatize talking about mental health which is great but she certainly could have approached it better. It's almost like she decided to do a video like this for the sake of it, without doing any research or planning. It baffles me that she thought going on holiday or buying a new book would be good advice for curing mental health disorders.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.