Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does the letter prove? They didn't get/buy the house, so the letter proves they were trying to get one and perhaps win a bidding war?

It means nothing now in long run in US courts for custody. They have dentists here too.

Should Joe go find a letter they could have wrote when buying a US house?

Reactions: 5
They did get the house, they were due to move in in December.

Reactions: 11
As if tmz wouldn’t be his mouthpiece, he just reacts to the headlines gossipmags publish, I doubt he even read the court documents Sophie submitted…

Yeah, Sophie never said that, but they exchanged contracts and planned to complete it in December, that means they have legal obligation to send the funds.

I don’t know exactly how things like this work in the UK but usually contract like this don’t care that there’s an impending divorce or that Joe got cold feet about moving to England…

Reactions: 10
Once you've exchanged contracts you can still back out, but there will be a heavy financial penalty for doing so. I was quite surprised they'd already exchanged but that completion wasn't due until December - usually completion is only a week or two after the exchange to reduce the chance of the sale falling through, and because people want to get their hands on the house they're buying ASAP! Maybe rich people do things differently?!

Reactions: 7
Once you've exchanged contracts you can still back out, but there will be a heavy financial penalty for doing so. I was quite surprised they'd already exchanged but that completion wasn't due until December - usually completion is only a week or two after the exchange to reduce the chance of the sale falling through, and because people want to get their hands on the house they're buying ASAP! Maybe rich people do things differently?!
It’s most likely the house and seller are free and ready but they were waiting on Joe finishing up the tour and actually move in

Reactions: 4
is there a link to the house? It sounds beautiful!
---
Quite often they’ve moved out before the house goes on the market and house stylers bring in furniture etc to market the house to its best. they either have the funds to move out already, either to another home they own, or to the new one they’ve already purchased.
if they don’t have the funds in the bank, they can access bridging loans which bridge the gap between the sale of the old and purchase of the new.
People often purchase them and then renovate prior to moving in. Ripping out brand new kitchens, bathrooms etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
A long time between exchange and complete I'd assume is something to do with it being 9 million and there's quite a lot more involved vs a normal house? Even a property of that price along the Thames is going to be very substantial.

Not that US courts will care a jot about this letter he apparently wrote to get the sale. Could have been an assistant that did it on his behalf and could be chalked up to meaningless fluff to get a sale.

Reactions: 10
Does it need to be major?
Maybe it was a series of, what to the outside observer seem trivial, small things.
To back out last minute when you've just planned a whole new life together I'd say so yeah. But then celebrities don't seem to take marriage very seriously so hey who knows.

Reactions: 5
Bet she called him a shortarse.
It would be amazing if it was that petty. In reality though I’d bet she told a friend something he did that hurt her feelings and he freaked out because there’s nothing twattish men love more than getting angry at you saying something they definitely did.

Reactions: 11
To back out last minute when you've just planned a whole new life together I'd say so yeah. But then celebrities don't seem to take marriage very seriously so hey who knows.
At present - outside of the puff, propaganda and smear pieces - we only have her word that they were planning a new life together.

Reactions: 1
At present - outside of the puff, propaganda and smear pieces - we only have her word that they were planning a new life together.
Her word on specific dates, a letter he wrote about purchasing a house there, very provable mentions of schools and medical enrolment that just take a freedom of information request to furnish to solicitors.

They were planning a life in England and by all accounts already living there. Those poor children.

Reactions: 14
Her word on specific dates, a letter he wrote about purchasing a house there, very provable mentions of schools and medical enrolment that just take a freedom of information request to furnish to solicitors.

They were planning a life in England and by all accounts already living there. Those poor children.
Indeed.
That may very well be the case.
But until he responds to the filing, we shan't know.

Even if they were planning a life together, they were planning that as a couple. You can understand why a man wouldn’t want his children to live on a completely different continent to him, even if it was his decision to end the marriage. Just as Sophie wouldn’t want to live on a different continent to her children either.
It does seem like a very sudden break-up, he could very well have had every intention of moving to the uk as a family. Or he might have had no intention of moving at all and was just stringing Sophie along and waited until she was in the uk alone to call it off. Nobody really knows.

It doesn’t matter what they were planning together that now isn’t going to happen. Her releasing this letter is all to do with which country has jurisdiction on dealing with the custodial arrangements for the children, proving he was planning future in the UK and it wasn’t temporary.

The children were last habitually resident in the UK with both parents, he took them temporarily back to the US while she was working and then filed for divorce and refused for her to let the children leave the US. So he is in breach of The Hague Convention for wrongful retention in the US.

She’s going to have 17 more years dealing with this asshole.

Reactions: 28
It hasn’t been decided where their habitual residence was. By the sounds of it, they’ve all been all over the place 🤷‍♀️ yes they have a dentist in the U.K. etc but I’m positive they also - for example - have top-notch US medical insurance in place. It’s not remotely clear cut

It hasn’t been decided where their habitual residence was. By the sounds of it, they’ve all been all over the place 🤷‍♀️ yes they have a dentist in the U.K. etc but I’m positive they also - for example - have top-notch US medical insurance in place. It’s not remotely clear cut
i think the kids will be an extension of joes US health insurance til they're 26? but in the uk they'll be individually registered with the nhs. tbh i don't know the nhs rules for dual citizens, but i know for eg i can't be registered at home and at uni at the same time so i'm sure it'll be similar and they'll need one fixed uk address, which could either be the one listed on sophie's court docs or their grandparents / sophie's childhood home

Reactions: 2
i think the kids will be an extension of joes US health insurance til they're 26? but in the uk they'll be individually registered with the nhs. tbh i don't know the nhs rules for dual citizens, but i know for eg i can't be registered at home and at uni at the same time so i'm sure it'll be similar and they'll need one fixed uk address, which could either be the one listed on sophie's court docs or their grandparents / sophie's childhood home
I mean either way they’ve got health and dental services in both jurisdictions, everything they could need or want in both jurisdictions. The US has the added benefit of being where they’ve spent most time; the U.K. was their intended next steps (but I doubt the courts will place much emphasis on that - circumstances change, the plans were made on the basis of a joint family life that no longer exists). Either way will be interesting to see how it plays out

Reactions: 2