Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t matter what they were planning together that now isn’t going to happen. Her releasing this letter is all to do with which country has jurisdiction on dealing with the custodial arrangements for the children, proving he was planning future in the UK and it wasn’t temporary.

The children were last habitually resident in the UK with both parents, he took them temporarily back to the US while she was working and then filed for divorce and refused for her to let the children leave the US. So he is in breach of The Hague Convention for wrongful retention in the US.

She’s going to have 17 more years dealing with this asshole.
Ok, but suppose he has evidence that the house in Henley was bought as an investment property?
As a hypothetical...

I agree he has been rash and legally is in a weak position due to her sensibly filing the abduction case.

I'm undecided if he was vain or greedy (he was apparently working in New York) not to work out that if he was going to do this he needed to be in Miami (or where ever their house is) so that one court would deal with the Divorce and the Child Custody issues - and in terms of the Hague convention was a residence the children had lived at.

Now he's stuck in a limbo with the New York courts deciding child custody and the Florida courts the divorce... with the English courts waiting in the wings.

So unless he heard her, over the ring doorbell, confess to poisoning him with arsenic over a period of time...
he, or his lawyers, better come up with a good story.

Ok, but suppose he has evidence that the house in Henley was bought as an investment property?
As a hypothetical...

I agree he has been rash and legally is in a weak position due to her sensibly filing the abduction case.

I'm undecided if he was vain or greedy (he was apparently working in New York) not to work out that if he was going to do this he needed to be in Miami (or where ever their house is) so that one court would deal with the Divorce and the Child Custody issues - and in terms of the Hague convention was a residence the children had lived at.

Now he's stuck in a limbo with the New York courts deciding child custody and the Florida courts the divorce... with the English courts waiting in the wings.

So unless he heard her, over the ring doorbell, confess to poisoning him with arsenic over a period of time...
As a hypothetical...

I don’t know. Not an expert but I don’t think it’s that clear at this point that he is at a disadvantage.

It is a real pity. Their kids are so young. They decided to have a second child only two years ago if even & now they’re divorcing??!!!

I thought the Jonas brothers were religious?!

I feel sorry for her in that she married too young & had to live away from the UK.

Reactions: 10
Not an expert but I don’t think it’s that clear at this point that he is at a disadvantage.
Not in an absolute sense - but in the sense that he now has to deal with a more complex legal situation than he had to, had he not gone to New York.

Reactions: 1
As a hypothetical...

The older girl is enrolled in school and the younger one in various classes. It really doesn't look like this was an investment property. There was some clear intention of the family living there.

I would think the divorce is will be straight forward. It is known there is a pre-nup and both parties are wealthy.

Sophie has pulled a blinder by filing in NY though, remember this is how and where Katie Holmes gained sole custody of Suri post Tom Cruise break-up.

Reactions: 16

Yel

Sophie has pulled a blinder by filing in NY though, remember this is how and where Katie Holmes gained sole custody of Suri post Tom Cruise break-up.
Not really comparable. Katie Holmes got full custody from a NY court to raise her child in NY. It's very different to this case.

And it was an out of court settlement iirc. I'd guess probably reached because Katie had dirt on Tom that he'd rather isn't out there.

There's a strong case for the older childs custody to be decided by a court in Florida with that being the last place the child has lived for 6 months. It's such a muddy case.

Reactions: 3
Just read something about Pete Davidson getting in contact with Sophie. That is the LAST thing she needs right now. He has waaaay too many mental health and addiction issues. Not judging, just think we can all agree he's absolutely not what she needs right now. Especially when going through a custody battle.

Just read something about Pete Davidson getting in contact with Sophie. That is the LAST thing she needs right now. He has waaaay too many mental health and addiction issues. Not judging, just think we can all agree he's absolutely not what she needs right now. Especially when going through a custody battle.
I thought he was seeing Madelyn Cline? God I can’t keep up. Surely she wouldn’t be so stupid to do anything like that before this is all over.

I thought he was seeing Madelyn Cline? God I can’t keep up. Surely she wouldn’t be so stupid to do anything like that before this is all over.
It's deux moi so could be bullshit. But let's be honest, he goes after famous women going through a divorce regularly so I wouldn't be shocked.

Reactions: 2
I think Taylor Swift didn't want Sophie to be on the receiving end of hate from JB fans and the media which is why Taylor has stepped in and befriended Sophie. Taylor seemed to receive alot of flack in 2008 so she might be trying to protect Sophie from that.

Perhaps Taylor hopes her own fans will support Sophie which is why they're setting up these photo ops.

Things are very different for TS now compared to 08 as she has such a loyal fan base plus more money and influence so perhaps she is genuinely trying to use those things to help Sophie.

Reactions: 2
I think Taylor Swift didn't want Sophie to be on the receiving end of hate from JB fans and the media which is why Taylor has stepped in and befriended Sophie. Taylor seemed to receive alot of flack in 2008 so she might be trying to protect Sophie from that.

Perhaps Taylor hopes her own fans will support Sophie which is why they're setting up these photo ops.

Things are very different for TS now compared to 08 as she has such a loyal fan base plus more money and influence so perhaps she is genuinely trying to use those things to help Sophie.
I think it’s nice of her to sort of take her under her wing, the Jonas fans on Twitter are absolutely vile at the moment. I imagine her main support system is half way around the world and it’s nice she’s got someone fighting her corner, given her mental health battles.

Reactions: 17
I think it’s nice of her to sort of take her under her wing, the Jonas fans on Twitter are absolutely vile at the moment. I imagine her main support system is half way around the world and it’s nice she’s got someone fighting her corner, given her mental health battles.
Sophie said on Dr Phil that comments about her looks/weight/acting got to her and made her depressed and that was long before this.

Probably going to get shot down for this 😂 but Sophie going out all the time just now with Taylor Swift isn't keeping up with her narrative that she was the one who liked to stay at home. She was at the Chiefs game last night. Now I'm not saying she should be staying at home all the time but wouldn't be surprised if Joe tries to use all this is the divorce

Reactions: 4

Yel

Probably going to get shot down for this 😂 but Sophie going out all the time just now with Taylor Swift isn't keeping up with her narrative that she was the one who liked to stay at home. She was at the Chiefs game last night. Now I'm not saying she should be staying at home all the time but wouldn't be surprised if Joe tries to use all this is the divorce
She's gone out twice with Taylor swift in the last few weeks while she's having some downtime after filming for the last few months I believe.

Presumably the childcare is currently split so quite possibly was on nights when she didn't have the children

She's 27 and staying some nights in Taylor Swift's NYC place. It's just dinner and a game.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She's gone out twice with Taylor swift in the last few weeks while she's having some downtime after filming for the last few months I believe.

Presumably the childcare is currently split so quite possibly was on nights when she didn't have the children

She's 27 and staying some nights in Taylor Swift's NYC place. It's just dinner and a game.
He was in concert somewhere last night. I know its only dinner and a game but it's easy to try twist these things when going through a messy divorce

Yel

The children still might be looked after by someone appointed by him last night.

She's stuck in new York as the children can't leave there, not working and going through a very stressful time. I think she's allowed a night out once a fortnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Joe has been papped with the kids and nannies so they obviously have people who look after their kids especially as Sophie was filming in the UK and Joe was on tour.

They are both successful in their own right and have their own careers so are allowed to have help with childcare.

Reactions: 4
It doesn’t matter what they were planning together that now isn’t going to happen. Her releasing this letter is all to do with which country has jurisdiction on dealing with the custodial arrangements for the children, proving he was planning future in the UK and it wasn’t temporary.

The children were last habitually resident in the UK with both parents, he took them temporarily back to the US while she was working and then filed for divorce and refused for her to let the children leave the US. So he is in breach of The Hague Convention for wrongful retention in the US.

She’s going to have 17 more years dealing with this asshole.
He's such a petty c u n t 🤣 he's a multimillionaire estimated net worth 50 million. He doesn't have poor people problems he can hop on a 1st class flight whenever he wants to see his kids. He could choose to never work again and spend time flying in and out.
He's doing it to control , he could buy a property near his kids then do his fly in out thing. I've seen a few people crop up from the Alice evans thread, Ioan is skint ! He couldn't afford to do this it's an entirely different situation.
I totally understand if a person is tied to a location because of their job/money/ can't afford frequent travel. Joe Jonas isn't a normal person he is mega rich and has no worries in that regard.

Also Joe has been papped with nannies. Is it just Sophie who should be chained to the kitchen sink and allowed no help with childcare?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He's such a petty c u n t 🤣 he's a multimillionaire estimated net worth 50 million. He doesn't have poor people problems he can hop on a 1st class flight whenever he wants to see his kids. He could choose to never work again and spend time flying in and out.
He's doing it to control , he could buy a property near his kids then do his fly in out thing. I've seen a few people crop up from the Alice evans thread, Ioan is skint ! He couldn't afford to do this it's an entirely different situation.
I totally understand if a person is tied to a location because of their job/money/ can't afford frequent travel. Joe Jonas isn't a normal person he is mega rich and has no worries in that regard.

Also Joe has been papped with nannies. Is it just Sophie who should be chained to the kitchen sink and allowed no help with childcare?
Mothers must NEVER go out remember, even once a year and the pitchforks would be waggling 🤣

I'm glad Sophie's got a friend over there, god knows she needs it while she's going through all this.

Reactions: 18
This!!!! I’m so bleeping sick of people judging Sophie for going out but it’s fine if he uses nannies because it’s all “oh poor Joe single dad can’t do it all alone plus he’s working on his tour don’t you know 🥹” yet as the mother Sophie is expected to just handle all the childcare by herself and never leave her children or leave where she’s living by herself? Absolutely duck that and anyone who has that opinion 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19