Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone tell me what time in uk it's due back on please

Reactions: 2
I think turds team tried to make it about #metoo. duck off.
Not just #metoo and all the victims of DV (whom Amber represents according to them), they had to bring in the US Constitution, freedom of speech, and US patriotism.

If the jury does not find that Amber is a poor helpless victim then American freedom is in danger and the jury is anti-American (this was implied).

Reactions: 9
I'm still on Elaine.....when will it end??

Just realised she reminds me of my daughter when she gets in at 3am after a heavy night drinking and wants to give me all the tea. And I am desperate for sleep but darnt nod off incase I miss some juicy.

Oh and how patronising was she when she said to the jurors 'I hope you were listening' when she was banging on about Aquaman.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know how Johnny explained the cabinet video?

also what he said about all those text messages to various people?

Anyone?

Reactions: 2
I'm still on Elaine.....when will it end??

Just realised she reminds me of my daughter when she gets in at 3am after a heavy night drinking and wants to give me all the tea. And I am desperate for sleep but darnt nod off incase I miss some juicy.

Oh and how patronising was she when she said to the jurors 'I hope you were listening' when she was banging on about Aquaman.
It ends at approx no mins past never.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know how Johnny explained the cabinet video?

also what he said about all those text messages to various people?

Anyone?
I think he said sth along the lines of having 'assaulted a few couches' in his time, but never a person.

Reactions: 5
One of the lawyers on the Law & Crime channel actually thought Elaine did a strong closing! WTF is she drinking? :oops::rolleyes:
One didn't like Ben objecting. :rolleyes:

I thought Rottenborn lied, twisted, did a character assassination of JD (disgusting was used more than once) patronised the jury regularly & was his usual obnoxious self not helped by his overly harsh cold voice. Elaine came across like the Duracell bunny on speed. Manic, frenzied, desperate to spew as much crap as she could knowing the clock was ticking (again) oops, at times she made zero sense. bleeping awful closing.

Camille & Ben spoke eloquently, from their hearts & it showed - they were in a class of their own & worth every damn cent. 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm not gonna lie, I need 2 bottles of wine and a half gram of coke after this. Its too much for me.
i'm going on some comfort YT channels with dinner snaffled from the business expo yesterday.. vegan burger with cheese and onions, potato salad m slaw and red wine...

I feel drained.. and feel for the jury

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i'm going on some comfort YT channels with dinner snaffled from the business expo yesterday.. vegan burger with cheese and onions, potato salad m slaw and red wine...

I feel drained.. and feel for the jury
I feel you with the food. I've been trying to healthy eat but I'm very tempted to order a Chinese.

Reactions: 3
Forgive me I’m a little behind but what the duck is up with Elaine?? It’s a closing argument love not a dramatic reconstruction… as Johnny would say, “were you there???”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Rottenborn didn’t waffle, I’m going blue on the face with people comparing the closing statements and missing the point entirely.

Runkle summarised it really well; Rottenborn was driving home the litigious points which are inevitably boring. Elaine to a degree, but she obviously was struggling to keep the jury engaged (always going to be a challenge anyway).

it’s totally useless and pointless to compare the two closing statements, because they have different aims and objectives.

Johnny’s teams want to rely on the factual evidence and appeal to the rational, common sense side of the jury. They’re also appealing to the emotive side, hence the hugging and tears and camaraderie.

Amber’s side are much more no nonsense and legal speak. It’s about whether or not Depp’s evidence meets the instructions set out by the judge. It focuses on the lengthy, detailed judges instructions - and points out how the evidence doesn’t support the very high threshold required of it. Rottenborn had to make sure the jury really got that point, which is why it doesn’t “flow” as well as Camille or Ben’s statements. Same for Elaines.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And! AH claim she was on an international flight and couldn’t have sent the stuff to TMZ. They think we are stupid? Inflight wifi exists!!

Reactions: 7
Forgive me I’m a little behind but what the duck is up with Elaine?? It’s a closing argument love not a dramatic reconstruction… as Johnny would say, “were you there???”
I suspect they were forced to use Amber's post its. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.