Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not just #metoo and all the victims of DV (whom Amber represents according to them), they had to bring in the US Constitution, freedom of speech, and US patriotism.

If the jury does not find that Amber is a poor helpless victim then American freedom is in danger and the jury is anti-American (this was implied).
I’m pretty pissed off with TeamTurd right now

Reactions: 4
I have just had two apple turnovers with fresh cream. One was supposed to be for my husband but I have thrown the packaging away so he won't know anyway.
I think after being subjected to Elaine’s babbling it’s quite excusable. What he won’t know won’t hurt him anyway.. 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Forgive me I’m a little behind but what the duck is up with Elaine?? It’s a closing argument love not a dramatic reconstruction… as Johnny would say, “were you there???”
Elaine has the hots for Johnny so being so near to him and his magnetic personality has made her schoolgirl giddy - she is also using her 15 minutes of fame to try out her auditioning skills as her career as a lawyer are done IMO

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Rottenborn didn’t waffle, I’m going blue on the face with people comparing the closing statements and missing the point entirely.

Runkle summarised it really well; Rottenborn was driving home the litigious points which are inevitably boring. Elaine to a degree, but she obviously was struggling to keep the jury engaged (always going to be a challenge anyway).

it’s totally useless and pointless to compare the two closing statements, because they have different aims and objectives.

Johnny’s teams want to rely on the factual evidence and appeal to the rational, common sense side of the jury. They’re also appealing to the emotive side, hence the hugging and tears and camaraderie.

Amber’s side are much more no nonsense and legal speak. It’s about whether or not Depp’s evidence meets the instructions set out by the judge. It focuses on the lengthy, detailed judges instructions - and points out how the evidence doesn’t support the very high threshold required of it. Rottenborn had to make sure the jury really got that point, which is why it doesn’t “flow” as well as Camille or Ben’s statements. Same for Elaines.
I would agree with it if they both did not misstate witness statements and twist the evidence.

Reactions: 6
Oh Runkle thinks the jury doesn’t like AH at all. But also saying the law may mean JD loses.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The judge was very generous with the AH team as she did not clock the time spent on the sidebar (due to Elaine's mistakes), otherwise, they would not have any minutes left at all.

Reactions: 9
Oh Runkle thinks the jury doesn’t like AH at all. But also saying the law may mean JD loses.
I seen that. Can someone answer me this, if the jury legit feel JD wins but law is showing a win for AH how is it decided then?

Reactions: 3
Even if he loses in the court he has still won. He spoke out and he told the world how he, Johnny Depp was a victim of domestic abuse. And that is brave, bold and courageous.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The judge was very generous with the AH team as she did not clock the time spent on the sidebar (due to Elaine's mistakes), otherwise, they would not have any minutes left at all.
The judge said yesterday (when preparing jury instructions) that she wasn't going to be strict with time. Camile asked if it needed to be spot on and she said no.

Reactions: 3
My mum messaged me to say Depp won and let me tell you I've never ran so fast over to tattle to see if it was true. She saw a video on Facebook saying he'd won. Pissed off now 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I seen that. Can someone answer me this, if the jury legit feel JD wins but law is showing a win for AH how is it decided then?
They can't feel both, they have to be objective and look at in terms of the actual law and not who they think was the abusive spouse. Unfortunately that means that it's very possible JD will lose, but its unlikely anyone will forget how badly AH has come across

Reactions: 7
I doubt he will win but my lord he deserves to. What a cretin she is. She has clearly skated by her looks. I honestly don’t believe she is bisexual either as it’s just another opportunity for her.

Reactions: 11
Someone just brought up a very fair point in Emily's stream, the majority of the jury are POC so may very well have experienced racism with regard to the law and may not appreciate Rottenballs going full "USA! USA!" on them

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.