Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dotty and Wibble, whatever you both do as "real" jobs atm, you need to hand in your notices immediately. Your posts are amazing! (kudos to Dotty especially here re your Musk musings). You need to create some kind of international bullshit-busting organisation. I foresee a kind of global Cagney and Lacey esque super duo with maybe Gordon playing the loyal but hapless Harvey (no offence Gord). For the love of all things holy I beseech thee, make it happen! 🙏
😂 How very kind you are! I would be delighted to be actually paid for what my training is but ex investigative journo's who believe in science and swore an oath to truth and ethics back in the dark ages aren't welcome in well paid orgs these decades. I should do better at pulling poker face tbf but my facial twitches give me away when hearing bullshit and arse lickin' corp managers have been trained in basic body language for interviews 🤭 I'm of the era we could smoke at our newspaper desks and shag in the print room, don't, messy, ink!

So what can ya do bar find a funny meme and ask a few silly leading questions amongst the best tattlers that exist? It's a great audience! Thing is its all very well working the billy bullshit out etc but many dunnae wanna hear it inc that some women are seriously mentally/emotionally/physically abusive, able to gaslight the msm, her older lover, a bunch of brit newspapers and some aussie lawyers and dont give a feck in letting the survivor side down, yeah Turdle!

So what's a saucy Nun to do instead?! Dungeon? I could take up blackmail like Turdle? Nahhhhh, take up comedy? Nahhh thats got violent now thanks to Willy wanker so I might try..... pickling between me posts! 🥒

@wibble we are gonna need security! I wonder if JD's laughing man wants to assist Gordy? :cool::ROFLMAO:😘 (And yes there are two docs re KR 2007-JD short hair and 2013-JD long hair, you had me checking out all sorts this morning, inc the monkeys ha ha, now pass that port, we deserve one!)
Clearly far too many mega pints for me last night 🍺🍺🍺obviously I meant DOTTY nay Dolly! How very rude.
Channelling my inner Elaine me thinks 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Clearly far too many mega pints for me last night 🍺🍺🍺obviously I meant DOTTY nay Dolly! How very rude.
Channelling my inner Elaine me thinks 🤦
Here's one more for you:

(A NYC friend of mine posted a photo of her with her friend Keanu last night in a club and hashtagged it with TeamJohnnyDepp. Made me glad.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The answer is yes.... definitely.... 100%..... the English judge was correct.
Given the evidence they had, the Sun was not libeling Mr Depp when they called him a 'wife beater'.

People seem to forget that Ms Heard had, in the intervening period between the TRO 'perp walk' and the serving of papers for this case, given numerous interviews and speeches stating as much, and encouraging people to believe that he was indeed a 'wife beater.' In addition to taking on high profile roles as a representative of women (and LGBTQ+) victims/survivors of domestic abuse.

And beyond impeachment, the UK verdict has no bearing on this case.... despite what Ms Heard's supporters claim.

And neither does the existence of the TRO.... a TRO is not proof abuse happened despite what Ms Heard's supporters claim.
Exactly, based on the evidence he had then (and how he choose to interpret it) he probably made the correct call.

Based on the info we all have now..... nope!

Reactions: 10
I have said on other threads before I had no skin in the game. Not a fan of either, but I would always try and side with a woman who says she was abused. I have watched the trial with as open a mind as possible and my conclusion now is

AH is 100% a violent abuser and drug user

JD is 100% violent towards objects and things. Totally off his head on drink and drugs but I don't believe violent towards people. No one has seen him be violent, no recordings of him exist being violent towards a person.

Will he win the case, I am unsure giving the legal scope of the case. Has he won public opinion. Totally.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don’t think for a moment Amber Heard is truthful. I think she was violent. But so was Depp. And the double standard that’s emerging (especially
nline) is pretty terrifying. it feels like villagers with pitchforks a little. Amber is a head but she’s ruined her life, her career and her colours are out in the open now. For the record, I believe Depp and my sympathies lie with him.

I’ll repeat myself; you can think Amber Heard is 100% an abuser and a liar and still recognise there’s a double standard/misogyny at play. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. people can be both abusers and also be victims.
From my POV, Amber Heard is the one (along with some of her powerful, rich friends) that has managed to positioned herself as "THE Face Of Violence Against Women" and actually made a career out of it (https://www.harrywalker.com/speakers/amber-heard as an example) Given she's the one with form for violence against other people (her ex, her sister, Johnny Depp etc), that really pisses me off. There's a load of wailing and breast-beating about her not being a "perfect victim", but that also infantilises her and prevents her from being held accountable, and she knows these people are going to bat for her, no matter what, because we must "believe all women".

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I know a lot of tattlers will roll their eyes and probably @ me, but I do think there is an element of misogyny and taking delight in the public downfall of a woman - but it’s acceptable because this woman is deemed to be morally isogynoist either. , a liar, manipulative and abusive. That’s why I don’t delight in watching Amber Heard being ripped apart online. I’m glad Depp is able to find recourse, I’m glad nuanced conversations are happening about domestic violence against men. And this case as a legal study is fascinating. But there is definitely an element of a witch trial in this too.

I’ll repeat myself; you can think Amber Heard is 100% an abuser and a liar and still recognise there’s a double standard/misogyny at play. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. people can be both abusers and also be victims.
I understand your point. There are creepy fans on both sides of this case. I am not gleeful about this case, I am NOT a misogynist, nor am I a Depp fan. People are invested in this case, because one spiteful person successfully told terrible lies about another person and so Johnny Depp was cancelled. Granted Depp's reputation was already in shreds, but there is a huge difference in Depp ruining his own life due to substance/alcohol abuse, and Depp's life being destroyed by misheard's vile and false accusations. Social media and the internet are the equivalent of mob rule; now the mob seems to have turned on misheard. But justice and truth are separate from the mob, and we have seen painful truths from both parties come to light.

After covertly filming Depp 'assault' his cabinets, we saw misheard smirk and heard her laugh when she retrieved her ipad from the trash - that was not the reaction of a frightened, abused victim. The very disturbing 'suck my dick" audio recording with the cruel mocking laughter was not the sound of a frightened, abused victim. We have watched misheard testify to terrible abuse, and lie/ dissemble on the stand - cynically secure within the mantra that all women must be believed.

How many people on this forum have written about personal, painful experiences relived due to misheard's accusations? How many other people have been hurt? Is it misogyny to despise misheard's cynical actions or be happy that Depp finally has the opportunity to fight back, to tell his side of the story? Clearly his lawyers believe Depp; when Ben Chew responded to the motion to dismiss his righteous indignation was not feigned and Camille Vasquez seems deeply invested in Depp's defense. Somehow, I too have become deeply invested in Depp's plight. I still think Depp is a jerk, and I pity misheard for her mental illness.

No one deserves to be 'cancelled' (including misheard). Perhaps, someday we will learn to judge people's actions, not people.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
From my POV, Amber Heard is the one (along with some of her powerful, rich friends) that has managed to positioned herself as "THE Face Of Violence Against Women" and actually made a career out of it (https://www.harrywalker.com/speakers/amber-heard as an example) Given she's the one with form for violence against other people (her ex, her sister, Johnny Depp etc), that really pisses me off. There's a load of wailing and breast-beating about her not being a "perfect victim", but that also infantilises her and prevents her from being held accountable, and she knows these people are going to bat for her, no matter what, because we must "believe all women".
Nailed it.

Reactions: 9
I understand your point. There are creepy fans on both sides of this case. I am not gleeful about this case, I am NOT a misogynist, nor am I a Depp fan. People are invested in this case, because one spiteful person successfully told terrible lies about another person and so Johnny Depp was cancelled. Granted Depp's reputation was already in shreds, but there is a huge difference in Depp ruining his own life due to substance/alcohol abuse, and Depp's life being destroyed by misheard's vile and false accusations. Social media and the internet are the equivalent of mob rule; now the mob seems to have turned on misheard. But justice and truth are separate from the mob, and we have seen painful truths from both parties come to light.

After covertly filming Depp 'assault' his cabinets, we saw misheard smirk and heard her laugh when she retrieved her ipad from the trash - that was not the reaction of a frightened, abused victim. The very disturbing 'suck my dick" audio recording with the cruel mocking laughter was not the sound of a frightened, abused victim. We have watched misheard testify to terrible abuse, and lie/ dissemble on the stand - cynically secure within the mantra that all women must be believed.

How many people on this forum have written about personal, painful experiences relived due to misheard's accusations? How many other people have been hurt? Is it misogyny to despise misheard's cynical actions or be happy that Depp finally has the opportunity to fight back, to tell his side of the story? Clearly his lawyers believe Depp; when Ben Chew responded to the motion to dismiss his righteous indignation was not feigned and Camille Vasquez seems deeply invested in Depp's defense. Somehow, I too have become deeply invested in Depp's plight. I still think Depp is a jerk, and I pity misheard for her mental illness.

No one deserves to be 'cancelled' (including misheard). Perhaps, someday we will learn to judge people's actions, not people.
Excellent post. I agree completely.

Reactions: 7

Thou art wise and wonderful Knoddle. I concur!

download-1.jpg

• Heart
Here's one more for you:

(A NYC friend of mine posted a photo of her with her friend Keanu last night in a club and hashtagged it with TeamJohnnyDepp. Made me glad.)
Whooooaa! That did nothing for my poor Marlborough pickled, head-splitting, cell-depleting brain! 🤯 We need dolphin sounds and birdsong!
I do however, believe I may have happened upon my new ringtone 😂

• Haha

Perfectly said. When I look at some of the hardcore fans on twitter or sm in general I cringe so hard my hole travels halfway to austrailia.
I know a lot of people are uncomfortable with the memes and jokes and videos. I'm not, maybe I have a mean or cruel sense of humour 🤷‍♀️, other people don't share it and that's fine too. I'd laugh at ones that take the mick out of JD too if it helps 🤷‍♀️
I believe evidence and imo the evidence is clearly showing that she is the abuser. JD is a lot of things, not all good, but I don't believe for a second he did what she is accusing him of.

Reactions: 20

Excellently put Knoddle, and if I may be so bold, is probably highly indicative of how most right minded posters here view this situation. Hence why it is so immensely frustrating to be called out as anti-feminist, jealous, deranged "Dep-ford" wives (cite Twitter) for daring to voice this opinion. I greatly dislike Ms Heard's behaviour due to her deliberate dishonesty and agree she requires intensive mental health support, however neither would I give house room to the highly immature, over indulged and equally psychologically damaged Mr Depp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
As the Mother of a Son I'm 100% not on the believe women wagon. I'm on the investigate all allegations thoroughly with no preconceptions wagon. History is littered with miscarriages of justice because the people investigating decided the result and tried to make the evidence fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Out of interest.... can Jennifer Howell appear as a witness in person?
I don't think so, because she's been active on Twitter. Someone posted a day or so ago that she wouldn't be if she was still to testify.
They will use her depo instead.

Reactions: 5

My heart honestly aches for him, I honestly normally find it difficult to feel empathy towards people especially someone I’ve never met or even been a fan off but that little walk he done from the officers to the car 🥺

Reactions: 11
"What a difference a day makes,
24 little hours,
Brought the sun and the flowers,
Where there used to be rain makeup...... "

azejkl50dy091.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Growing up with a mother not dissimilar to AH, I cannot believe all women. This has nothing to do with dissing the sisterhood, but growing up tangled in the lies of a mentally ill woman.

• Heart
Growing up with a mother not dissimilar to AH, I cannot believe all women. This has nothing to do with dissing the sisterhood, but growing up tangled in the lies of a mentally ill woman.
yes!!! Thank you!!! I cut my mum off when I gave birth to my daughter 2 years ago and I feel so free now. It was too toxic and I’m so happy I made that decision

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.