Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also just saw on twitter that AH's team have 8 hours left and JD has 18. Is that right?
Yup! They’ve wasted so much time on witnesses that have done nothing/very little for their side.
At this rate they are going to run out of time meaning JDs side get to do rebuttal completely unchallenged.

Reactions: 13
I find this case fascinating. I'm not writing this as an excuse for JD or from a fan's narrative, just someone who has got drawn into this trial through another case with a lot of similarities incl' another female abuser. I haven't even seen Pirates or most of his films. The few I have seen are Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Chocolat & Finding Neverland. He's a good actor & I enjoyed what I have seen, when younger he was beautiful but I still don't consider myself a real fan.

From all I've seen so far during this trial & learning about his abusive childhood, there seems to be two Johnny's, the gentle (overly) generous, shy, kind & vulnerable man & the monster when he's off his head with drink/drugs & can be verbally abusive, ranting, destructive towards objects & misogynistic which as a woman myself is especially unpleasant. But it seems to me that (even if on a sub conscious level) he has a love-hate relationship with women stemming back to his mother with good Johnny loving women & the monster hating them or more likely (in my non expert opinion) feeling very unsure/insecure around them, a possible fear of abandonment thrown in & trust/hate issues & it all goes back to his mother.

He's clearly an introvert & very damaged but seems to have some self awareness as he has had therapy (possibly still ongoing, I hope so for his sake) & by his attempts to get & stay clean. The fact so many people want a piece of him & have done for so many years must make it hard for him to separate those who truly care for him & those who are just hangers on wanting a share of his wealth & generosity & IMO his addictions make him especially vulnerable.

I saw a quote somewhere that at his mother's funeral he said she was the meanest person he ever knew yet he still loved & cared for her until the end & has a tattoo of her name on his arm. Love/hate/loyalty, that's some mix. Someone mentioned on the previous thread about him being mentally stuck at a younger age & that could well be true as he clearly has problems handling his emotions & found/finds it easier to numb the pain with drink & drugs than deal with them. Not surprising as he didn't have decent role models, both parents abused him, with his dad beating him at his mum's bidding.

His reactions in those audio tapes are not the reactions of an abuser. They're the reactions of an appeaser & someone who wants to escape the violence he knows is coming. It likely triggered him & he wanted to retreat so badly & had the wisdom to not want their fights to escalate while she was relentless goading, mocking, gaslighting & hitting him. With all the evidence presented I don't believe he abused her physically as she claims. Possibly in self defence or reactive, wouldn't surprise me, but she comes across (to me) as a cold manipulative deceptive abuser whose testimony was so cringe worthy false & (quelle surprise) wants us to believe that everyone else is lying, even the professional witnesses. What are the odds?
That alone is a huge red flag for me even without the proven lies, changing of her story, those damning tapes, delaying handing over her devices, etc while he's remained consistent, turned over all his devices & has been willing to bare himself publicly (& a lot of it does him no bleeping favours) but it also makes me believe he's the victim & desperately wants to clear his name.

I've said before he must be a bleeping nightmare to live with & he's certainly not without his faults & that's putting it mildly, but physically abusive to her? No. Yet to see one shred of evidence to support her claims, just a lot of lies, story changing, dubious 'proof', smoke & mirrors & until I do see evidence that backs her up I'll continue to believe he's the victim & hope he wins this. But even if he doesn't win this battle I think he's won the war in as much as he's finally had his side of the story told in public & many more people now see her for what she is, aided in part by her own behaviour.

Just my opinion!
Beautifully written and agree with every single word.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
What a waste of time most of their witnesses were. Identikit testimonies.

Johnny gets off his head on drugs/drink.

We saw broken stuff. We didn't see most of it being done. We didn't see him hit Amber. Many of us didn't see any marks on her. Most if us are no longer in touch with her... Oh and we lived off him for as long as we could.

Reactions: 30
I find this case fascinating. I'm not writing this as an excuse for JD or from a fan's narrative, just someone who has got drawn into this trial through another case with a lot of similarities incl' another female abuser. I haven't even seen Pirates or most of his films. The few I have seen are Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Chocolat & Finding Neverland. He's a good actor & I enjoyed what I have seen, when younger he was beautiful but I still don't consider myself a real fan.

From all I've seen so far during this trial & learning about his abusive childhood, there seems to be two Johnny's, the gentle (overly) generous, shy, kind & vulnerable man & the monster when he's off his head with drink/drugs & can be verbally abusive, ranting, destructive towards objects & misogynistic which as a woman myself is especially unpleasant. But it seems to me that (even if on a sub conscious level) he has a love-hate relationship with women stemming back to his mother with good Johnny loving women & the monster hating them or more likely (in my non expert opinion) feeling very unsure/insecure around them, a possible fear of abandonment thrown in & trust/hate issues & it all goes back to his mother.

He's clearly an introvert & very damaged but seems to have some self awareness as he has had therapy (possibly still ongoing, I hope so for his sake) & by his attempts to get & stay clean. The fact so many people want a piece of him & have done for so many years must make it hard for him to separate those who truly care for him & those who are just hangers on wanting a share of his wealth & generosity & IMO his addictions make him especially vulnerable.

I saw a quote somewhere that at his mother's funeral he said she was the meanest person he ever knew yet he still loved & cared for her until the end & has a tattoo of her name on his arm. Love/hate/loyalty, that's some mix. Someone mentioned on the previous thread about him being mentally stuck at a younger age & that could well be true as he clearly has problems handling his emotions & found/finds it easier to numb the pain with drink & drugs than deal with them. Not surprising as he didn't have decent role models, both parents abused him, with his dad beating him at his mum's bidding.

His reactions in those audio tapes are not the reactions of an abuser. They're the reactions of an appeaser & someone who wants to escape the violence he knows is coming. It likely triggered him & he wanted to retreat so badly & had the wisdom to not want their fights to escalate while she was relentless goading, mocking, gaslighting & hitting him. With all the evidence presented I don't believe he abused her physically as she claims. Possibly in self defence or reactive, wouldn't surprise me, but she comes across (to me) as a cold manipulative deceptive abuser whose testimony was so cringe worthy false & (quelle surprise) wants us to believe that everyone else is lying, even the professional witnesses. What are the odds?
That alone is a huge red flag for me even without the proven lies, changing of her story, those damning tapes, delaying handing over her devices, etc while he's remained consistent, turned over all his devices & has been willing to bare himself publicly (& a lot of it does him no bleeping favours) but it also makes me believe he's the victim & desperately wants to clear his name.

I've said before he must be a bleeping nightmare to live with & he's certainly not without his faults & that's putting it mildly, but physically abusive to her? No. Yet to see one shred of evidence to support her claims, just a lot of lies, story changing, dubious 'proof', smoke & mirrors & until I do see evidence that backs her up I'll continue to believe he's the victim & hope he wins this. But even if he doesn't win this battle I think he's won the war in as much as he's finally had his side of the story told in public & many more people now see her for what she is, aided in part by her own behaviour.

Just my opinion!
I have been team JD since those audio's came out over 2 years ago (I've never really been a fan of his) and was fully convinced that AH planned this whole thing. I was so annoyed with myself because when i first saw those photos of her at the court house, i thought it looked so staged but I remember checking myself and saying I should believe her. And so I did!

But since this trial has gone on, I have learned alot. I no longer feel that it was all AH. JD certainly had a part to play in the destruction of his marriage. He's certainly not as innocent as I thought he was. They brought out the absolute worst of each other and were a disaster waiting to happen.

I still don't believe 99% of the things AH is accusing him of. I don't believe he raped her with a bottle or broke her nose or that she was completely terrified of him. I still think she was the aggressor. And for that alone, I think she needs to be held accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
This trial still hasn't made it any clearer why they did.
Suspect she love bombed him & being insecure he fell for it as well as thinking with his little head = marriage. :rolleyes:

It's a lawyer's conference.
Judge Penney gets to hear the delights of Elaine.
They set the whole day aside so she can get one question out.
That's if she turns her bleeping mic on?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Just my opinion!
YES YES YES 👏🏼❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
they get more in demand.. erm not necessarily.. my bf is an actor and was in a tv series with an acclaimed director and some huge acting and movie names.. I thought it would make his career really take off.. i dt ive met anyone who saw the series.. :(

I adoreGael Garcia Bernal and have met him he's a lovely fella.. glad he dodged that one
He always comes across well, I like him.

She's acting like Aquaman was some groundbreaking performance. She's in about 3 scenes and let's face it, she was only there as someone nice to look at!
Yes, its Jason's film .

Beautifully written and agree with every single word.
Exactly this, this is what I also think. I agree with everything you have written, beautifully put 💙. I've not watched any of the Pirates films I just don't fancy them. I loved Donnie Brasco as it also had All Pacino in it, I have been a sort of fan of Johnny's I always thought he was a great actor, and I thought he was very handsome and I think he still is, here he is with Leo and Brad. I love them all 🤣.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Reactions: 1
The most interesting witness today was the psychologist.

And he too, pointed to 2010, a date which recurs throughout this trial, as the year in which the drugs took hold.

Corey Haim died March 10th 2010.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Omg finally a space for me to vent about the trial! No one in my life is really bothered but I am invested!!! So I've alot to get off my chest here lol! Most will probably have already been mentioned but here I go!!!
She can remember the state of a carpet but anything Camille asked she couldn't recall wasn't sure
Any deposition that is different to her version of events well they're lying or maybe they remember wrong, including professional medical staff and police!!
The hair debacle according to amber it was an open wound seeping puss
According to her friend it was on the hairline of which no evidence on James Corden
According to her sisters picture it was in the centre of her scalp and really didn't look like any hair was missing and the picture of the clump of hair looked like it had been hacked with scissors and cut at a section of layers hence the one inch sections!
Amber rarely did drugs
Amber's sister was rarely sober
Amber's dad did drugs with JD
According to her sister she was uncontrollably sobbing yet the actress couldn't produce a single tear at trial!
AH legal team is just hysterical
JDS legal team are my hero's not only for Camille's cross exam but also just the way they are clearly supporting JD all the way thru!
AH has lied all the way thru her testimony was brilliantly rehearsed and helped on by her legal team so well rehearsed they didn't help her practice for the cross exam
Her witnesses (I haven't watched all of them) are literally screwing her over, rocky pen was unbelievable she really couldn't be bothered haha
Surely the jury can see the narcissist that is ah just thru the polar opposites from testimony to cross examination
I hope JD wins
I hope she gets arrested for purgery in the states and the UK
And I hope JD comes back from this and knows how loved he is
I hope there are applogys from those who doubted his character
I hope good people will surround him going forward

And I hope ah gets everything coming to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.