John Stones #41 He needs to stop skiving 🤣 come on Bae, make sure the balon d’or comes your way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look before you leap. There is a significant amount of unavoidable tit that comes with management roles and I reckon its even worse in the NHS than corporate life. Changing my job to one without direct reports, and where I don't have to convey an endless spiel about leadership values and mindset and all of that bollocks is the best thing I have done in years.

You know what you do/don't want from your career, but make sure you have eyes wide open

Real talk tax

View attachment 1665601View attachment 1665602View attachment 1665605View attachment 1665606
So very true. I turned down a request to serve in an interim leadership role in my department. I don’t want direct reports. People management is not my interest or strength. I like being a worker bee with a reasonable-ish workload that generally allows me to forget about work at 5:00 pm through 8:00 am the next day. Leadership roles are challenging but very rewarding if that’s one’s strength.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why's he wearing toddler reins and why isn't it putting me off? Also looks like he's struggling up those steps so possibly not at peak fitness.

It's universally agreed that wet!bae is the best bae, right?
Is that a lead like toddlers wear??

• Heart
  • Haha
Why's he wearing toddler reins and why isn't it putting me off? Also looks like he's struggling up those steps so possibly not at peak fitness.

It's universally agreed that wet!bae is the best bae, right?
Not at peak fitness, or a drama llama, we can decide.

Those are no toddler reins, they are from my S&M kit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It's so someone can stand behind holding on them whilst they try to run away. It's his practice for when he meets us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
So very true. I turned down a request to serve in an interim leadership role in my department. I don’t want direct reports. People management is not my interest or strength. I like being a worker bee with a reasonable-ish workload that generally allows me to forget about work at 5:00 pm through 8:00 am the next day. Leadership roles are challenging but very rewarding if that’s one’s strength.
At my old job I applied for a management position that I didn't really want because everybody kept telling me I should (and I was actually already kind of managing a team against my will and for much less money anyway).

Had a major panic in the interview and basically just rambled on and on while thinking I don't know what I'm going to do if I get it because I'd hate it so much.

Didn't get the job and felt simultaneously massively relieved and also like a total failure as I couldn't even get the job I was already doing about 90% of.

Then my work bestie/crush/it's complicated kicked off and told about 3 layers of management they were morons for not promoting me 😂

Anyway, point is, management's not for everyone. You have to want it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He was on the winning team too.

What a great squad City have. All dead likeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My coworker wants me to fill out a test on-boarding form for him with a made up person. He uses his fav 🏈 players' names all the time for this kind of thing, but if I do that, I don't want him to stumble onto anything if he googles bae's name. 😯

So now we have HK as the new Athletic Director in Parks & Rec (not my real dept) and I'm his manager and he starts Monday. Lol, just got an Outlook notif for it too.

Screenshot_20221020-160810.png

But seriously, I used to manage a team of 12-16 AND have to do the actual technical work. Now I just manage myself and even though I took a huge pay cut when I blew up my life and quit that management role and toxic cesspool of an employer, my sanity and happiness are worth it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Sometimes my tattle thread gets very muddled so it reads a certain way, then I post something, then go back a few pages then all of these posts I didn’t see before appear.

Totes confusing. Must be difficult for bae to navigate here.

half a bottle of prosecco down whoop

• Heart
  • Haha
Sometimes my tattle thread gets very muddled so it reads a certain way, then I post something, then go back a few pages then all of these posts I didn’t see before appear.

It does this to me too. I get para people think I am ignoring them because I sometimes miss posts.

• Heart

THIRSTY THURSDAY WHOOOOOP

It does this to me too. I get para people think I am ignoring them because I sometimes miss posts.
I just can’t keep up 🤣 I had the intention this morning and that went downhill before 8:45 I think

• Heart
Reactions: 5
THIRSTY THURSDAY WHOOOOOP

I just can’t keep up 🤣 I had the intention this morning and that went downhill before 8:45 I think
Don't overstretch yourself.

Life no fun when we don't leave time for the things (and the footballers) we love.

• Heart
I've wanted to write tonight, but somehow, it's not going so well... meh.
Sometimes the stars just don't align :( You are probably too tired to focus properly. Don't force it, you'll only make yourself frustrated.

I've just started on the Aimee Christmas one shot.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.