Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Just Drive

VIP Member
It was… long-winded for the most part. I’m still not sure where I actually stand other than that I have the responsibility while my new consultant I’m training right now gets most of the perks for now. It’ll be interesting to see how it all develops.

At least I don’t get called ineffective anymore - my head of department threw that at my head two years ago - any more effective and I’d be a machine.

In other news I’m doing overtime again. Should I just sell my place and move here full time? I’m considering it.

It’s why athletes don’t get to have sex/get off until after their match/tournament/event etc. Post orgasm, your body gets flooded with endorphins, and your body relaxes, especially the musculoskeletal parts, which is the opposite of what you should be/what should happen, when you’re supposed to bring your physical best.

So blowies, wanks and anything else only after matches or on days off.
Ineffective?! That makes me see red with rage. And I’m so sorry about yet more overtime, my friend. Is there any relief in sight?

Hi all! Hope you’re all well.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Luckily they did have umbrellas outside. Had a big Belgian waffle in honor of KDB but I forgot to take a pic. 🧇

Made it to the first break at the conference. They have mini (chode) hotdogs which is a bold choice for a 3pm snack at a professional conference.

The seating in the presentation room is SO CLOSE TOGETHER and my coworker is manspreading but with his shoulders and it's like being on a plane with the most uncomfortable economy seating but worse.

And even worse, I'm between 2 coworkers so I can't be on here or Insta or anywhere else fun. And I'm just not in a socializing mood. It's weird being around so many people.

Boss and coworker just invited me to walk on the beach with them during the break but it's humid and sunny and I'd rather not go back into the session even a bit sweaty (see above re: seating).
I did start shopping for an England shirt, though. Worried about how it will fit. Any advice for sizing/fit? I don't think I'll fit into any of the women's sizes. I'm also 5'9" so I don't think the men's will be too long.
Personally, I’m 5’8” and a size 14 (uk) but hippy and booby 🤣 I’ll be getting a mens xl

You can get SPF spray specially for your scalp. Doesn't make your hair too greasy and means you don't have to live in hats.
I have this!!!

• Heart
I think I’m in love with Haaland now. He says he doesn’t judge people for having pineapple on pizza. He is so bloody cute what is wrong with me. My period is a few days late I think I’m very emotional 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What sorcery did you do to share Tumblr posts!?

I could cry over how beautiful he is.
That black T-shirt is so sexy on him isn’t it

• Heart

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Has your boss asked you if you're going to go for it? What are you thinking?
Yeah, he asked me on Friday. Well, really he told me to go for it…
Then there’s been a load of shit going on today, so he was texting as he was at a different site and i was holding everything together, jokingly I said “I’m just trying to impress you” and he replied saying I was doing it.

just so anxious already about it, and know people will hate me managing them. i can be very assertive, which people don’t like, and our current manager is very supportive and maybe too friendly at times. I’m not afraid to tell people they’re wrong, or call people out for deviating from policy, because there’s a patient at the end of it
No matter what, I need to go for it. People with a lot less experience than me are going for it, people I’ve trained…
After being poorly RLF said I could just coast for the rest of life because it wasn’t worth the agro for me, but I feel like I can’t be managed by someone I know Isn’t as good as me at the job.
knowing my luck the job will go out when I’m on holiday and I’ll miss it after spending all this time feeling anxious about it🤣

I almost stayed up all night because you weren’t here! 🤣
I did think at one point I hadn’t told you to go to bed, but just didn’t get chance to come online 🤣🤣

It is totally a thing and I've done it at car washes in 3 different cities. It's an actual stand alone machine that you pay like a vending machine. Here's a pic my mom took today to send my brother because it's an old towel that has his name on it and she thought this was funny.

View attachment 1593049

Here's a better view of one from a manufacturer's website:
View attachment 1593054
The dog wash 😍😍

• Heart

Gossgossgoss9888

VIP Member
You ladies have a LOT of patience. :oops: My spinster self is amazed by this.
Me too.

My ideal RLF would live maybe a 10- minute walk away, and would be a strict adherent to the rule of calling (actually, texting) ahead before you visit. He would visit to feed/cuddle/shag/watch TV/talk and then toddle off to his own life until the next time we both wanted to do one or more of those things together.

He certainly wouldn't be messing everything up by not knowing what to do or having flaws or needing me.

This is one of many reasons I'm single. I want a man I can put on standby and shove in a cupboard.

• Heart

Starttheline

VIP Member
I have just finished work.

Do I have a shower and wash my hair now, or have an early night and get up at 6am to do it.

Rodri ansa.

• Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Finally home from Windsor … little one still not himself

oh I’m up to date with NRO … really enjoyed it! ❤

not massively feeling great about myself but more drained and just a bit overwhelmed with stuff, last night was draining with one friend making digs and talking over everyone and the other being very OTT and bossy, felt like I couldn’t speak without being judged so I ended up not speaking at one point, definitely not feeling my normal self today, then obvs was emotional going to Windsor, May sign off again for the rest of the day or for a while
People are exhausting. I often just sit back in conversations because I don't have the energy to engage particularly with super loud or bossy people. It's also a weird time at the moment and you're poorly, so I'm not surprised you're feeling low.

Have a day under the blanket with the dog, we will be here when you come back xx

• Heart
In fairness this wasn’t as aggressive as I remembered but still a nob move. Lots of City fans seem to love it.

Hmm that is A bit rude.. wonder why he was in a mood.

They were called Timmy and Socks.

They called Johncat 'Timid Tim' ❤ I used to have a cat called Timmy Tomtit so we were always going to change.

Only RLF would chose a yogurt as a snack in WDW

View attachment 1593718
Omg I love the names timmy and socks. We used to have a cat called Timmy🙂

I think from the video today you can tell he won’t be another ronaldo. He doesn’t have the off pitch ego, and he’s also not be drilled into a media robot which I think will serve him well with all the social stuff city do
When I said another ronaldo I didn’t mean personality as you can already tell he’s not like that. I meant where the team start to dislike him but I can’t see it happening really. They all seem to get on and he seems to fit in quite well. I want to see them play without him starting just to see what they are like

@Violetroselily

I think they are looking for you🥹🥹🥹🥹

Last edited:
  • Heart

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Evening my loves.

Bloody difficult day at work.

Supposed to be working on an urgent thing. Kept getting overridden by more urgent things.

Supposed to be leading on an important thing, the person doing the busy work needed regular support and also kept getting dragged off to pick up urgent things so now that's behind schedule and I'm responsible for sorting it out.

Am training someone and trying to give her enough of my time but it's a struggle to the point that she's started just writing down what she needs help with so I can go through it with her "when I'm free" which feels like a pipe dream.

Half the team messaging and calling me and popping over to my desk to ask for help.

Gave an hour-long presentation to 40 people. Got a call afterwards from a senior person in another department to say how good it had been (which was nice) and to give me a heads-up about multiple upcoming changes that will require re-working of the work I gave the presentation about (less nice).

Feel like my job is about 5 jobs and then another 5 get chucked on top for shits and giggles.

Have got through the day on a bag of crisps and 2 and a half cups of tea (1 abandoned halfway through and left to go heartbreakingly cold).

Trying all day to just feel nothing because if I let it slide for even a moment everything will fall apart.

On way home now. Trying very hard not to be someone who cries on the bus.

One bright spark, a 10 minute stupid giggly chat with work crush. He's busy too, probably busier than me, but he came over to my desk to see if something he'd helped me with was sorted and then he stayed a little while, making up a silly word game and competing with me for the funniest cleverest answer. Felt briefly human. Was nice.

I don't mind if bae likes gaming. Something to occupy him while I need to spend some time living in my head.
Please eat, lovely x
And obsessed with the crush update 😍😍

• Heart

mimimithis

VIP Member
Really don't want to have to take any time off work. The thought of it makes me feel sick. Don't want people knowing, don't want the awkwardness of going back, feeling like everyone thinks/knows I can't cope.

This is going to be some garbled nonsense.

I can say it here, to people who don't know me IRL, all casual like "I have bipolar disorder" because it's a useful shorthand for what I'm like or how you might experience me over time.

But that's a 15-year-old diagnosis and I've spent much of the time in those 15 years alternating between pretending and believing there's nothing wrong. There's a big part of me - even now, sitting here, on my sofa in my pyjamas, wrapped in a blanket, tears streaming down my face that haven't really stopped since I woke up this morning - that thinks I'm OK and this is life and everything is normal and fine and there's nothing wrong with me and there's no help to be had because this is just how people feel sometimes.

I'm scared of being referred and having it confirmed again because I don't want to be ill and I don't want to be someone who has to see a psychiatrist and take medication and have the label and never be able to get away from it. And last time it only made things worse, so it wasn't even like a compromise of acknowledging I'm ill in order to feel better, it was the shitshow of the pain of admitting to needing help and then just feeling worse anyway.

I'm also kind of scared I might get referred and they confirm that part of my brain is right, and I am OK and nothing is wrong. Because that would mean there's literally nothing that anyone could ever do to help.

And most of all, I like to be able to run, and hide, and pretend, and the thought of being "in the system" gives me such anxiety because I don't know how I'd be able to escape if I wanted to. Don't like going into things where I can't see the exits.

Re: sad songs, yes and no. Hard to engage with anything else though. And sometimes there is a feeling of recognition in it. Like not being the only one.

Am very much doubting my ability to go for a walk. Not dressed yet. And even walking round the house I'm doing tiny tired shuffly steps and feel like stopping to lie down at any minute.

Don't want to miss work. Will keep going unless/until it becomes physically impossible.

Family's not an option. Would make everything worse.

Thank you ❤ So sorry to hear you know what it's like.

My problem isn't that my depression is treatment-resistant, it's getting the balance right. Everything that shifts the depression sends me way too far the other way.

Your pup is adorable.

You're all such sweethearts. I'm sorry for the miseryguts thread derail.

Handsome bae will give you thank you kisses.

View attachment 1590082View attachment 1590084View attachment 1590086
Despite it all, and it really breaks my heart that you are feeling so poorly right now - I’m glad you feel like you can talk to us, and open up. ❤‍🩹 That’s so vital, so important. And we’re here for you, babe.

• Heart

Gossgossgoss9888

VIP Member
@strawberrysunshine_x

Speaking as someone whose childhood contained periods of relative poverty and periods of conflict and friction and manipulation and unhappiness, I know what hurt the most, and it wasn't the money stuff.

I know it's hard dealing with other people complaining when you'd love to have their wealth.

But remember you have a little family full of love and warmth and comfort, and that can deal with anything.

• Heart

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Was worried you were in a champagne and wanking coma
That looks delicious 🤤
Nah just a tough day. Intense and getting so stressed over this bloody job that’s not even out yet.

No wanking. but it is wanking Wednesday tomorrow
And no champagne (yet)
Looks like a beautiful walk and tea. Glad you’re alright. ❤
well I was until I saw him with that gobshite

sorry I didn’t tell you to go to bed this morning when I woke up 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
We have a week left! I've only had mini breaks since COVID so it's very strange not having to cram everything in!

We did Storybook Dining tonight which was fun but expensive. We've been out all day so we're back in room now and I'm trying not to fall asleep as I promised RLF a treat later. A trip to McDs

Tomorrow morning I am going to run away to Magic Kingdom without RLF and cry into my breakfast about missing arrivals video.[/ISPOILER]
Bae when he hears the promise of treats, but then finds out its McD and not a blowie

[Downloader.la]-630864d8c4873.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha