John Stones #23 Tattlers are happy to see Bae back on the pitch, but we still need him to scratch our itch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning (or almost afternoon)
Little one has gone out with my mum today so I’m currently doing the washing and watching VMAs from the other night before hoping RLF goes to work upstairs so I can get away with lounging and writing for the day!

sending you lots of hugs!

BD676B8F-EDCA-4678-8A21-B00170E0F56C.jpeg

And sweaty bae

5CE9DFAC-B24A-4857-A8A6-67D265420894.jpeg
2C93830A-44EA-4946-BE83-0D1E59084A12.jpeg
C58FEC6F-5CA1-4823-A2A5-49716D2B45F1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I concur things are worse at home.

We had a covering manager supposed to be on the open this morning (7am start) and I was only informed at about 9.45 that he hadn't gone in and rest of staff have been standing outside waiting all that time. It's all sorted now and someone is there, but from my sofa I feel sick as inevitably will be consequences from this, that if I was there myself could control.

Has anything in particular triggered you?

I'm sorry you're having a rough time too xxx

Sweet snuggly boy.

View attachment 1542381View attachment 1542382View attachment 1542383View attachment 1542384View attachment 1542385
Wait were they literally all stood outside for 3 hours? Wtf?

Workwise I just feel very exposed now that our consultancy team have left and I've suddenly got this mountain of stuff to deliver. And I shouldn't feel like I'm on my own with it, because its a team effort, but the other new girl I'm working with just isn't on my wavelength at all, and doesn't seem to be picking stuff up so I feel like I'm doing all of the thinking and the doing myself. And I just want a bit of breathing space to get stuff wrong and have someone else to rely on too? Rather than feeling like it's all on me. My boss is great and is very supportive but he's also got other stuff on so I don't feel like I can bother him with every little thing.

I know I can be good at this job, but I just have super high expectations and I'm still in that tit mental place of feeling like I don't know my arse from my elbow.

Then outside of work I'm just in my cyclical phase of being lonely, and like the world is ending for no reason. I messed up my meds a bit last week which has not helped, so think I just need to reset a bit.

Thank you for listening to my self indulgent neediness, ILY all

Bae coming to pick us all up from work and ravage us at home in his big cosy bed
71b05dfdc6662b76380e5d81f86e18c9.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@WylieWyles how was work besides the IT thing?
It was very unproductive. The IT guy's request came right as I was getting into another burst of focus and ruined it. Maybe today will be better. Probably not. My executive function always falls off a cliff during my period but it's worse now bc I'm also in task overload paralysis. Just gonna try to get something done bit by bit. Can't stay late today since I have therapy at 6.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and (if they want it) productive day. 🫂❤

I definitely need all those hugs but my inner critic feels more comfortable with disappointment, anger, and frustration. 😬🙃

F18E23A4-63BD-4DE7-AFA1-588049B7CDC6~2.jpeg

gettyimages-1402943726-2048x2048~2.jpg

gettyimages-1403108692-2048x2048.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I have no contribution to the thread title… I’m not witty enough…
But it should definitely include danger wanks in some form…

• Heart

Workwise I just feel very exposed now that our consultancy team have left and I've suddenly got this mountain of stuff to deliver. And I shouldn't feel like I'm on my own with it, because its a team effort, but the other new girl I'm working with just isn't on my wavelength at all, and doesn't seem to be picking stuff up so I feel like I'm doing all of the thinking and the doing myself. And I just want a bit of breathing space to get stuff wrong and have someone else to rely on too? Rather than feeling like it's all on me. My boss is great and is very supportive but he's also got other stuff on so I don't feel like I can bother him with every little thing.

I know I can be good at this job, but I just have super high expectations and I'm still in that tit mental place of feeling like I don't know my arse from my elbow.

Then outside of work I'm just in my cyclical phase of being lonely, and like the world is ending for no reason. I messed up my meds a bit last week which has not helped, so think I just need to reset a bit.

Bae coming to pick us all up from work and ravage us at home in his big cosy bed
View attachment 1542627
❤❤❤❤

I feel you so much on that need for breathing space, and on the feeling on loneliness, too. Life of a single person… I can only imagine how working in a new job, with different responsibilities and other colleagues you don’t know yet whether you can rely on them or not, can make things seem far worse. Hopefully, you’ll finish this project well, and ease into the next one with renewed vigour and confidence. ❤

We’ll all steal his hoodies and curl up on his couch/bed together. 😁

• Heart

View attachment 1542627
Yes, for nearly three hours they stood outside and didn't think to tell anyone. Didn't even post in the GC saying 'Where's X?'

Can you baby the other new girl a bit? I know you shouldn't have to, but can you decided what you want done and just propose it to her? You'd still have to do all the thinking, but you could get her to do some of the doing.

Even though it might not feel like you have any breathing space, I think you definitely will, anyone new in role always does.

You will be amazing at this job. You are still finding your feet.

am proof reading my chapter

• Heart
  • Wow

View attachment 1542627
Every time I've ever got a new job, whether a different employer, or a promotion, or a sideways move, I've been... unsettled for weeks, even months, afterwards. Feeling loads of pressure, and turning all my feelings inwards on myself, and always feeling like I didn't know what I was doing and whoever had hired me had made a terrible mistake.

I think it's normal. Or at least, common. Because in almost every scenario where you go from one job to another, you were to some extent comfortable in the previous one. You knew the employer and the culture and the unspoken agreements and the tasks and the standards and your colleagues, and even if you had a serious problem with one or more of them, still you knew them.

Then you go into something new and it's like a rug being pulled, and because you don't really have any evidence of you succeeding at the job yet, your brain fills in the gaps that you're a failure and out of your depth and the whole move was a really bad idea. And those ideas swirl around your head and it's worse because you don't properly know anyone well enough to ask them for honest feedback and believe them when they provide it. So you get stuck in an internal feedback loop that's just you thinking, "I should be able to do this, but I'm finding it hard, so maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was, I was so arrogant/naive/reckless to think I could do it..."

And you don't even realise that one of the things that's making it hard is how much of your energy is being taken up with those thoughts.

I often think of every career move I've ever made as a case of jumping off a cliff and working out how to fly on the way down. But the thing is, I've always managed it. It's been scary as hell and definitely multiple moments where I thought I'd ruined everything and was going to plunge down into the sea or crash into the rocks. It's been confusing and frightening and difficult and I've had to work hard to dislodge myself from the thought that I should have just stayed where I was and not tried. But it's always turned out okay.

You took a leap, and maybe the contractors were the parachute, or the safety net, and now they're gone it's a bit more difficult and scary.

But you've got this, I promise.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Every time I've ever got a new job, whether a different employer, or a promotion, or a sideways move, I've been... unsettled for weeks, even months, afterwards. Feeling loads of pressure, and turning all my feelings inwards on myself, and always feeling like I didn't know what I was doing and whoever had hired me had made a terrible mistake.

I think it's normal. Or at least, common. Because in almost every scenario where you go from one job to another, you were to some extent comfortable in the previous one. You knew the employer and the culture and the unspoken agreements and the tasks and the standards and your colleagues, and even if you had a serious problem with one or more of them, still you knew them.

Then you go into something new and it's like a rug being pulled, and because you don't really have any evidence of you succeeding at the job yet, your brain fills in the gaps that you're a failure and out of your depth and the whole move was a really bad idea. And those ideas swirl around your head and it's worse because you don't properly know anyone well enough to ask them for honest feedback and believe them when they provide it. So you get stuck in an internal feedback loop that's just you thinking, "I should be able to do this, but I'm finding it hard, so maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was, I was so arrogant/naive/reckless to think I could do it..."

And you don't even realise that one of the things that's making it hard is how much of your energy is being taken up with those thoughts.

I often think of every career move I've ever made as a case of jumping off a cliff and working out how to fly on the way down. But the thing is, I've always managed it. It's been scary as hell and definitely multiple moments where I thought I'd ruined everything and was going to plunge down into the sea or crash into the rocks. It's been confusing and frightening and difficult and I've had to work hard to dislodge myself from the thought that I should have just stayed where I was and not tried. But it's always turned out okay.

You took a leap, and maybe the contractors were the parachute, or the safety net, and now they're gone it's a bit more difficult and scary.

Oh so wise, as always. This is perfectly put.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
❤❤❤❤

I feel you so much on that need for breathing space, and on the feeling on loneliness, too. Life of a single person… I can only imagine how working in a new job, with different responsibilities and other colleagues you don’t know yet whether you can rely on them or not, can make things seem far worse. Hopefully, you’ll finish this project well, and ease into the next one with renewed vigour and confidence. ❤

We’ll all steal his hoodies and curl up on his couch/bed together. 😁
❤ the biggest hug and softest hoodie for you because you actually do important things

ILY, you have just articulated every thought in my brain

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This is so so spot on ❤

• Heart

You have such a way with words. ❤

❤ the biggest hug and softest hoodie for you because you actually do important things

ILY, you have just articulated every thought in my brain
He’ll have to part with that hoodie forever, he’s not getting it back.

Aw, please, no more important than you do, just different. ❤

@cobette : that’s the plan, that my junior consultant and my ducklings will get trained until they can take over and I can take a step back, check on their work, but not do all of it simultaneously. It won’t get easier with the shifts or the student seminars, but I’ll get used to it eventually. It’s all just new, still. My mentor who’s leaving wants to leave scorched earth for my head of department, so he won’t give me any pointers/material/help (not to mention that he’s basically only there for another 4 days in September). So I’m starting from scratch. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3

View attachment 1542627
I feel like I’ve missed a lot because I’m dipping in and out and haven’t read all the spoilers, but I just want to say

don’t be too hard on yourself.
You’re new to a job and from an outsider looking in you sound so bloody good at it.

it’ll be awful with the other consultancy team going, but I’m sure you’ll show them how valuable you are to the company.

As for the personal side of things, do what you need to do, but don’t think that you have to settle to stop feeling lonely.
Embrace your new life and then see how you feel
Sorry I’m tit at helping x

• Heart
Yes, for nearly three hours they stood outside and didn't think to tell anyone. Didn't even post in the GC saying 'Where's X?'

Can you baby the other new girl a bit? I know you shouldn't have to, but can you decided what you want done and just propose it to her? You'd still have to do all the thinking, but you could get her to do some of the doing.

Even though it might not feel like you have any breathing space, I think you definitely will, anyone new in role always does.

You will be amazing at this job. You are still finding your feet.

am proof reading my chapter
Bae when he reads and they still haven't shagged

gettyimages-1402938174-2048x2048.jpg

Sorry this is all I can do to fit the danger wank theme

John Stones #24 Thinking of bae when we use our new toys, just don't forget to hide them and don't make any noise

Last edited:
  • Haha

View attachment 1542794

John Stones #24 Thinking of bae when we use our new toys, just don't forget to hide them and don't make any noise
Yesssss

Praying to god no one can hear us at home because John Stones is forever making us moan

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

View attachment 1542794

Love this!

Chapter is up. Love you all. Time to get ready for work, please keep me updated on bae tonight.

• Heart
Love this!

Chapter is up. Love you all. Time to get ready for work, please keep me updated on bae tonight.
Are we going to be angry with you?

Hope work is ok, love you

Oh and Together is on tomorrow at 6, so you're not missing it tonight

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.