John Stones #11 He can put his fruit in our salads

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was no mint shade that I liked, so have gone for lilac instead

Feeling like this after spending the day doing nothing but sleeping and slothing about. Someone pls slap me.

View attachment 1404738
Why is he so dramatic!? Probably had a hair out of place or something.

Why do you have a nice thumb and mine look like Jack's chode thumb!? The lilac is pretty.

yes, everything in this house is Disney, people just keep gifting it
20220709_210912.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Why do you have a nice thumb and mine look like Jack's chode thumb!? The lilac is pretty.

View attachment 1404782
That looks lovely. The Disney makes it that much better if you ask me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

View attachment 1404782
The skewer platter looks especially delicious. What was for pudding?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't like crisps...

Someone start the new thread before I'm ex-communicated.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Is anyone watching the matches tonight?
Switzerland is off to a good start. Women's football is quite lively and entertaining - I've only ever just watched the German women's matches before...
@Gossgossgoss9888 what are your predictions for tonight?
My bet had Portugal to win (so close!) and a Netherlands-Sweden draw (yay!).

Just need a Belgium-Iceland draw and/or a France win tomorrow and I'll make my money back.

Basically I like to bet small stakes on big accumulators, I very rarely win anything significant but it is fun!

John Stones #12 Come on bae, stop hibernating - we need new pics, we're salivating

This became unexpectedly rambly.

He simply chooses not to think about it, and is surprised when that approach mostly works.

This sentence encapsulates the theme for the first chapter for me. We are in the post-Euro break, and everyone's off on holidays, and work-related news are a thing for a far-away tomorrow. As are any problems left behind at home. After seeing Jack and what happened in the prequel through John's POV, it's now our turn to get into Jack's mindset a little more, and boy, it's more surprising than I had anticipated.

It's funny to read him ruminate about being a people person, but also understanding the limitations to his inbuilt charm, because he's a well-known footballer, and after the Euros, everyone might want a part of him, and not in the innocent way, either. Jack is great at reading people, at making them feel at ease around him, drawing them in, too, but despite his sun-like persona, he still remains true to himself and doesn't bend over backwards to please anyone. The way he accepts his role, but also knows how to navigate the shallower waters without offending anyone shows how evolved, how finely tuned, his emotional intelligence is. It'll also show, when dealing with Ben and his onslaught of feelings.

But first we meet some other guys, again seen through Jack’s eyes, and we get some insight into how he is around people he’s truly comfortable with. They’re people with whom he can let loose, and not feel judged or scrutinised (any more than he already is, that is), whom he can be himself around. He’s a beautiful soul, when left to thrive in the presence of people who care for him. So far, we’ve only met Jack as the slightly mad, frustrated, caged young man seeking release of his myriad of feelings after losing the final, and finding it in the arms of one John Stones, defender, for one night. He’s very different on his holidays now, and it’s lovely to see that the prequel’s state of mind isn’t inherent in him, but only temporary.
Funny, how, when Kyle mentions John, he perks up - I can just imagine the face he tries to make, when going for his version of nonchalant disinterest. Is anyone else reminded of a labrador, when thinking of Jack, at times?

I laughed at the guy’s description of John, and of what John’s ideal holidays entail. I can relate to his mindset so much. Also Kyle, hi, you mad, mad, but glorious friend to John.

The scene with Ben was so lovely written, I’m still swooning a little at the fact that Jack just knew what his friend needed, from that hug to the nap, to their friends not being allowed to draw dicks on his face, to that FaceTime call with Madders. Again, it’s emotional intelligence and empathy at its finest, and Jack has both in abundance. Being a tactile person myself, I know the feeling of wanting, of craving touch, of revelling in the feel of having someone close. It's intimate for certain, not sexual (not necessarily, and certainly not in this case), just a way to comfort and draw strength from another person.

I cannot wait to see what comes next, especially seeing how Jack will move to Manchester, and come across John again. Plus, I’m kind of invested in Ben and Madders now, so will they be referenced again?
I love and agree with all of this.

I really do think it's so important to see Jack in this state of calm and control so that we can understand that who he was in the prequel is a part of him, but it's who he is at the extremes of his emotions, not how he goes about his day-to-day. It rounds him out nicely and gives a little insight into his emotional state for future behaviour.

I love Jack's empathy too. He's such a good friend to Ben, so perceptive and kind and I love that side of him.

You're absolutely right, the whole chapter is an exercise in not thinking about things. The context of the prequel is there in snippets and it colours how we view Jack and what we think about how he might be feeling, but it's restrained in a way that makes sense given what we know about the characters.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a spoiler, but ask you asked - Ben and Madders are very background in this fic. We get the odd mention but I suspect because we're following Jack and John and they don't actually see the other two very often, it's rarely appropriate to mention. But it is there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.