Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rosie is super thin in those workout videos ... he definitely wasn’t posting them because of Marley 👀🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Yes this is really annoying ! My in-laws went on and on saying they wanted to feed the baby when I was breastfeeding 🙄🙄 Interesting fact that during lockdown breastfed babies put their weight back on much more than when a poor mum has tons of visitors !! Just leave mums to it !!
Loooooooong time lurker here! Just catching up on this latest thread and had to comment on this. BF was such a struggle for me at the start and my daughter lost 9.8% of her birth weight (she is now 17 months old). On reflection, I genuinely believe the visitors in the early days didn't help and I said this to my partner only a couple of weeks ago. I was so self conscious about feeding in front of people that I wouldn't correct the latch if it felt uncomfortable because I didn't want to expose myself, or people would be holding the baby and I didn't want to take her off them! I love my MIL but she was at the hospital when I gave birth and was the first visitor so I don't think I even tried feeding in the first hour. When I did try it went horribly wrong. Anyway, my point is, I said to my partner that if we have another I am going to be very strict about visitors and if I need to feed I will take the baby upstairs. I would never have done that before because I felt bad for taking the baby away.

BF is tough for a lot of women and I think Joe could have used his platform to highlight potential issues that go alongside feeding. I think it is very irresponsible to string people along and letting them think that Rosie was still BF Marley when she wasn't. After all, they share everything else so why not that too?

I have followed Wean in 15 from when they went travelling around Costa Rica with Indie and that is where my annoyance started to grow. Firstly, everyone could do that if they had his money and didn't have a proper day job. Secondly, I just found it to be such a desperate attempt to show the world that having a baby doesn't mean that you stop living your life how you want, and babies just slot right in. Well, that isn't a reality for most! Indie doesn't have a proper routine, but why would she when neither Joe nor Rosie have a proper routine? It is much easier to be calm and laidback when you don't have to get up at 6am and rush around getting yourselves ready, drop your kid of at nursery/school, go to work, get home, dinner, bath, bed and repeat the next day. I mean, that is real life!

I can relate to Joe somewhat with having not had a great upbringing and wanting different for my child, but his obsession with Indie eating well and talking etc is obsessive. My daughter eats very well and I cook most of her food from scratch, but on my can't be arsed days she gets a fish finger or two!

I have lots more to say but this has turned into a very long rant (my 17 month is napping on me after a 4.50am start 😱)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
'Squeezing in a workout together' is only 'possible' if you have a ridiculously well behaved toddler and nothing much else to do. If you both have full time jobs, plus you have a toddler who would have tried to run away five times, climbed the treadmill and tried to grab every single one of the weights within the first five minutes, it's probably not 'possible'.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
'Squeezing in a workout together' is only 'possible' if you have a ridiculously well behaved toddler and nothing much else to do. If you both have full time jobs, plus you have a toddler who would have tried to run away five times, climbed the treadmill and tried to grab every single one of the weights within the first five minutes, it's probably not 'possible'.
AND A FULLY EQUIPPED HOME GYM.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Loooooooong time lurker here! Just catching up on this latest thread and had to comment on this. BF was such a struggle for me at the start and my daughter lost 9.8% of her birth weight (she is now 17 months old). On reflection, I genuinely believe the visitors in the early days didn't help and I said this to my partner only a couple of weeks ago. I was so self conscious about feeding in front of people that I wouldn't correct the latch if it felt uncomfortable because I didn't want to expose myself, or people would be holding the baby and I didn't want to take her off them! I love my MIL but she was at the hospital when I gave birth and was the first visitor so I don't think I even tried feeding in the first hour. When I did try it went horribly wrong. Anyway, my point is, I said to my partner that if we have another I am going to be very strict about visitors and if I need to feed I will take the baby upstairs. I would never have done that before because I felt bad for taking the baby away.

BF is tough for a lot of women and I think Joe could have used his platform to highlight potential issues that go alongside feeding. I think it is very irresponsible to string people along and letting them think that Rosie was still BF Marley when she wasn't. After all, they share everything else so why not that too?

I have followed Wean in 15 from when they went travelling around Costa Rica with Indie and that is where my annoyance started to grow. Firstly, everyone could do that if they had his money and didn't have a proper day job. Secondly, I just found it to be such a desperate attempt to show the world that having a baby doesn't mean that you stop living your life how you want, and babies just slot right in. Well, that isn't a reality for most! Indie doesn't have a proper routine, but why would she when neither Joe nor Rosie have a proper routine? It is much easier to be calm and laidback when you don't have to get up at 6am and rush around getting yourselves ready, drop your kid of at nursery/school, go to work, get home, dinner, bath, bed and repeat the next day. I mean, that is real life!

I can relate to Joe somewhat with having not had a great upbringing and wanting different for my child, but his obsession with Indie eating well and talking etc is obsessive. My daughter eats very well and I cook most of her food from scratch, but on my can't be arsed days she gets a fish finger or two!

I have lots more to say but this has turned into a very long rant (my 17 month is napping on me after a 4.50am start 😱)
Totally agree with you ! Breastfeeding is so tough and having lots of visitors in the early days really doesn’t help ! I only managed a few days with my first then nearly 2 years with my second and then only a week with my third so each experience is different and there is no right or wrong ! I found lying down on the bed breastfeeding really helped with my second and i could be private and resting ! My midwife told me to do it and it was brilliant for us as I was in a lot of pain from a lot of stitches !!
Anyway they really annoyed me with the huge supply of breastmilk in the fridge and it was all so easy blah blah and everyone could feed Marley because Rosie was a milk machine 🙄
Anyone who has ever breast fed knows you can’t go out on all day and all night boozy brunches when you have literally just had a baby and are breastfeeding it’s just not real life !! He makes me sick how smug he is all the time and like you say they both don’t live in the real world !!

Reactions: 11
Get shot of Dozie posing on her back during a family work out. Is it scheduled shag night today then Joe?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why does he have to be so preachy about everything? You bunch of lazy bastards not doing family workouts just because you've got kids. Look at us, just casually squeezing in our workout in our home gym. Stop making excuses everyone!

Why not just caption it with 'we tried to do a workout this morning, was a bit chaotic with the two kids but we just about managed it!' Why does everything have to be captioned with stupid 'advice' and preaching?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Put the camera, flash cards and the gin glass down and sort your tit tip of a house out you bellend!
When Indie slipped then, anything could have fell on her head.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just watched his stories from yesterday re: no 1 book and gin... the guy is manic!

I don’t watch him regularly. Is he always like this? Weird behaviour

Reactions: 5
Has he got a tick 😂what's that weird face pull with half his face 😂 what's with the thrusts-You wouldn't do it in the gym that extreme,but it's ok for the internet 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Rosie and Indie are off to meet two people and indie said another name so possibly 3 people ! Lockdown doesn’t apply when you are on Instagram 🙄🌈
also the state of their house furniture piled up in the hallway all that money and no idea !

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Do you reckon he keeps Rosie exercising and on such small portions so she doesn’t have the energy to run away from him?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Totally agree with you ! Breastfeeding is so tough and having lots of visitors in the early days really doesn’t help ! I only managed a few days with my first then nearly 2 years with my second and then only a week with my third so each experience is different and there is no right or wrong ! I found lying down on the bed breastfeeding really helped with my second and i could be private and resting ! My midwife told me to do it and it was brilliant for us as I was in a lot of pain from a lot of stitches !!
Anyway they really annoyed me with the huge supply of breastmilk in the fridge and it was all so easy blah blah and everyone could feed Marley because Rosie was a milk machine 🙄
Anyone who has ever breast fed knows you can’t go out on all day and all night boozy brunches when you have literally just had a baby and are breastfeeding it’s just not real life !! He makes me sick how smug he is all the time and like you say they both don’t live in the real world !!
I had my little girl the same day as Marley and was in hospital up until Christmas eve, seeing the posts about having friends around and how chilled Marley always looked used to make me cry as I felt we should be like that. We had feeding issues so I was permanently attached to a pump or baby surviving on about 4 hours of broken sleep to fit the pumping in. We slept on shifts as she wouldn't sleep anywhere but on us. It makes me sad seeing how little Marley seems to be held or interacted with now!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I had my little girl the same day as Marley and was in hospital up until Christmas eve, seeing the posts about having friends around and how chilled Marley always looked used to make me cry as I felt we should be like that. We had feeding issues so I was permanently attached to a pump or baby surviving on about 4 hours of broken sleep to fit the pumping in. We slept on shifts as she wouldn't sleep anywhere but on us. It makes me sad seeing how little Marley seems to be held or interacted with now!
Please do not judge yourself according to these people's standards. They are not living your life. And they are not honest about it.
You were, and are, doing wonderfully!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Please do not judge yourself according to these people's standards. They are not living your life. And they are not honest about it.
You were, and are, doing wonderfully!
Thank you!

Coming here has helped me stop myself judging myself by what they were doing! I found it helpful when I was in hospital seeing them in hospital as I felt less alone, babies born same day at similar gestation but when they got out they became unrealistic as I know know.

Reactions: 2
Thank you!

Coming here has helped me stop myself judging myself by what they were doing! I found it helpful when I was in hospital seeing them in hospital as I felt less alone, babies born same day at similar gestation but when they got out they became unrealistic as I know know.
I felt similar when they had Indie and I had a baby the same age. Joe used to go on Instagram every couple of days to brag about how she had set a 'new PB' for sleeping, 8 hours, or 10 hours, or 14 hours, when she was only a few weeks old. They got on a flight to Santa Monica with her when she was about ten weeks old and had no problems whatsoever, it was perfect. They seemed to do breast and bottle feeding both together without any problems. They would sit next to her on a sofa and turn the TV on and she would just fall asleep.

Meanwhile me and my husband were marching up and down putting our backs out jiggling my little boy until he stopped fighting sleep, then sitting and holding him because he wouldn't be put down. In a flippin heatwave too! He wouldn't go in the pram and screamed his head off whenever we put him in it. We were getting up multiple times in the night, I had mastitis a couple of times. We would never have even entertained getting on a long haul flight!

I unfollowed him because he made me feel like I was doing it all wrong. Which wasn't the case at all. My baby was perfectly normal. His baby was easy, but he was still lying and embellishing the truth to make his life look good for Instagram.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I can understand why when i saw those pictures I felt the same but what you went through was much more normal than what rhey portrayed at the time ! I think a lot more has gone on behind the scenes I don’t think Joe has bonded with Marley at all !! It’s not as “Rosie” as they like to make out !!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.