Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to reply to the user who said she unfollowed him as he made her feel a bad mum (think it was @Lovethegossxoxo).

All children develop at different rates; all four of mine certainly did. As you said yourself, Mr Wicks didn’t mention Marley’s vision until it was sorted. Instagram is just a snapshot of someone’s reality. You’re a brilliant mum. Please don’t doubt yourself over an egotistical PE teacher who’s been a parent for all of five minutes.
Can I just reiterate this? Childcare books by the myriad of childcare 'experts' mainly child free nannies and celebs who had been parents for about a minute I am certain contributed to my post natal depression with my first child. 12 years later and it still upsets me that my memories of his first year were of reading book after book trying to get him into a routine/ breastfeeding every 4 hours/different weaning things etc etc which he just wouldn't do. My husband threw them in the bin because he refused to inflict them on another parent by giving them to the charity shop and I didnt use any for my second. Guess what? They both go to the toilet on their own, eat a variety of foods, are healthy, bright, polite little kids who are sometimes little shits but are mostly fabulous. Joe Wicks is not a parenting guru. Hes a fitness instructor.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My daughter had a private allergy test. The nhs has a four month waiting list where I am, and we were advised to stop weaning and return to only milk whilst we waited. I couldn’t imagine only giving her milk til she was 10 months so paid out. I had an appointment the same afternoon. It cost me almost £1000 but it was worth it... I’m guessing Joe did the same
Yes, he went private, he let everyone know as he was getting lots of questions about how Indie got tested so quickly.

Reactions: 1
He’s asking about the intensity of the workouts. Isn’t it meant to be for kids? It should be fun and getting them moving not making a ‘body coach’ sweat his tits off.

Reactions: 12
Yes this is really annoying ! My in-laws went on and on saying they wanted to feed the baby when I was breastfeeding 🙄🙄 Interesting fact that during lockdown breastfed babies put their weight back on much more than when a poor mum has tons of visitors !! Just leave mums to it !!
Gosh I’m so glad no one suggested that to me. I would hope I’d have the strength to gently or forcefully tell them where to go! I was hell bent on breastfeeding and my OH was very supportive but not pushy either way. In many ways, he’s had it easy as I’ve done every single night feed ever with our children. I don’t understand why holding a bottle in a baby’s mouth counts as essential bonding from Dad. Cuddle the baby man, kiss them, the list goes on!
Doesnt surprise me in the least that Joe is a man who wanted to bond by suggesting the route to that was feeding.

Reactions: 14
Gosh I’m so glad no one suggested that to me. I would hope I’d have the strength to gently or forcefully tell them where to go! I was hell bent on breastfeeding and my OH was very supportive but not pushy either way. In many ways, he’s had it easy as I’ve done every single night feed ever with our children. I don’t understand why holding a bottle in a baby’s mouth counts as essential bonding from Dad. Cuddle the baby man, kiss them, the list goes on!
Doesnt surprise me in the least that Joe is a man who wanted to bond by suggesting the route to that was feeding.
Completely agree with you - I mean obviously my husband never bonded with our daughter because she was breastfed so I was imagining her shouting “Daddy” out of the letterbox when he went to the post office without her yesterday. Oh wait... 🙄 Guess the baby I’m carrying now is doomed too.

Reactions: 9
I switched on radio 4 and heard some guy talking about food and fitness (was the food programme) sounded in his 20s, he came across well and making people eat healthier. The interviewer questioned about him not encouraging/specifying good quality meat in his recipes eg organic, free range - he said that wouldn't reach his demographic (my view would be well eat less meat and then buy quality) but I thought must be be some young YouTuber in his 20s trying to reach other 20somethings, after a few more minutes they mentioned it was Joe Wicks - I switched off the radio!

Just to add again his PE with children is not suitable for children.

Reactions: 7
Also why does he have pregnancy workouts up? Has he got any qualifications in pre or postnatal exercise ?
Wasnt the second one a bit premature? Even if it wasnt caused by the rigorous exercise regime 'for her mental health' I'd be thinking maybe I didnt know as much about prenatal exercise as I thought. We do the pe with Joe in the morning. I thought he was a bit patronising towards her.

He’s asking about the intensity of the workouts. Isn’t it meant to be for kids? It should be fun and getting them moving not making a ‘body coach’ sweat his tits off.
It's (supposed to be) "PE" - if ADULTS are complaining that it's too easy or kid-friendly tell them to duck off and do their own harder workout, it's not like there's a shortage. Don't pander to them and alienate the kids who you're supposed to be 'helping'. Pick a demographic. It's either a substitute for the kids PE lessons (which it's not content-wise but that's another story) and therefore filling a gap or it's just another workout.

Reactions: 6
I was so shocked by this. The whole reason he started this was because it was supposed to be for kids! Fair enough, change it up maybe and create a time table for different aged kids, but he’s now suggesting it’s for adults.

Reactions: 4
On the "before" pic of Indie's breakfast this morning her bib is filthy! She hasn't even touched her food yet so surely it should be clean.

Reactions: 2
Wasnt the second one a bit premature? Even if it wasnt caused by the rigorous exercise regime 'for her mental health' I'd be thinking maybe I didnt know as much about prenatal exercise as I thought. We do the pe with Joe in the morning. I thought he was a bit patronising towards her.
He wasn't premature as 37 weeks is classed as full term. I doubt it was caused by exercising though. I had a prem baby at 33 weeks and they never suggested it was caused by exercise

On the "before" pic of Indie's breakfast this morning her bib is filthy! She hasn't even touched her food yet so surely it should be clean.
Just had a look and the food in it looks stuck on - grim. I have those bibs and they only take a few seconds to clean under the tap!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Do we really need to know about his sex timetable?

Joe Wicks says wife Rosie is an 'amazing' mother who helps inspire him
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...er-dad.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead
Who is having sex every week with a 5 month old baby 😂😂😂
Also why does he say he takes indie up to the bath and leaves his phone downstairs. We all know he puts indie in a bath Infront of the tv and films it. Doesn't he remember that he puts it on his insta.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Do we really need to know about his sex timetable?

Joe Wicks says wife Rosie is an 'amazing' mother who helps inspire him
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...er-dad.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

And yet he chooses to spend even more time with his phone in his hand doing pointless tit like filming his and the kids' every move, trawling through his DMs for worshipping messages to share, holding endless Q&As over not one, but two accounts.

Plus, first thing after lockdown, get rid of the kids 🙄 (I mean I can appreciate this and I'm sure we all feel this a bit, but he could word it better)

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I’ve never commented on here before but the quote in that article has just tipped me over the edge! “The first thing I want to do is give my kids to my Mum and have two nights in Soho Farmhouse, just to get away from the kids and have some peace and quiet” Dad of the year ladies and gentlemen! Here’s hoping she doesn’t duck them up by giving them fish fingers or baked beans!
He wants three more kids but needs a break from the two he has despite not having to juggle them with the pressures a full time job/financial stresses/a tiny home with no garden/homeschooling. His baby isn’t even 6 months old and he couldn’t wait to get rid of him to another floor of the house for some uninterrupted scheduled sex with his downtrodden wife. What a complete hole of a man.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
And yet he chooses to spend even more time with his phone in his hand doing pointless tit like filming his and the kids' every move, trawling through his DMs for worshipping messages to share, holding endless Q&As over not one, but two accounts.

Plus, first thing after lockdown, get rid of the kids 🙄 (I mean I can appreciate this and I'm sure we all feel this a bit, but he could word it better)
Well that answer tells us they’ve been seeing family during lockdown because I am guessing most people who are close to their families would say the first thing they’d do would be see their families.

I’m not even surprised at his answer - this is the couple who dumped the kids with grandparents when Marley (who it turns out, couldn’t see) was weeks old & Rosie was still breastfeeding to ‘reconnect’ in a posh hotel. hole.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.