Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woo first post on here.

but yeah I just agree with this one:
1) favourite child syndrome definitely favours India
2) annoyed the crap out of me when Marley was first born; complaining of feeding issues but interfering with “adding bottle feeding breast milk so he could feed and bond with him” yet the child was barely a couple of weeks old.
— I’m sorry but I’m currently nursing my fifth and my partner can happily bond with his daughter without the need of having to feed her a bottle. If the feeding issues were to do with breastfeeding they say so, if you don’t want to breastfeed then don’t do so; no ones forcing you. Your supply needs to fully establish and have your baby feeding on demand to help this before adding in pumping unless medically necessary.
3) getting India to eat everything is not a healthy thing- eat till your full not till your plate is empty
4) I feel as if he has no respect for Rosie in their parenting and he overrules everything the children do or allowed to do
5) poor little Marley gets stuck in his bouncer & forgotten about :(

oh my list can go on with this guy!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I completely agree, I have to wince when someone says the need to feed a baby to bond with it. No, you don’t. You can cuddle a baby all day, smile at them, stroke their head/cheek, bathe them, burp them, change them. Grrrrrrr.

Reactions: 25
He’s in the Mail on Sunday today detailing the fact his dad was a cocaine addict and yet he criticises his mum for feeding him chips and not giving him the boob 🙄🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
He’s in the Mail on Sunday today detailing the fact his dad was a cocaine addict and yet he criticises his mum for feeding him chips and not giving him the boob 🙄🙄
He must pay his mum a lot of money to keep her mouth shut, I would hate to be publically shamed by my son!

Reactions: 17
Woo first post on here.

but yeah I just agree with this one:
1) favourite child syndrome definitely favours India
2) annoyed the crap out of me when Marley was first born; complaining of feeding issues but interfering with “adding bottle feeding breast milk so he could feed and bond with him” yet the child was barely a couple of weeks old.
— I’m sorry but I’m currently nursing my fifth and my partner can happily bond with his daughter without the need of having to feed her a bottle. If the feeding issues were to do with breastfeeding they say so, if you don’t want to breastfeed then don’t do so; no ones forcing you. Your supply needs to fully establish and have your baby feeding on demand to help this before adding in pumping unless medically necessary.
3) getting India to eat everything is not a healthy thing- eat till your full not till your plate is empty
4) I feel as if he has no respect for Rosie in their parenting and he overrules everything the children do or allowed to do
5) poor little Marley gets stuck in his bouncer & forgotten about :(

oh my list can go on with this guy!
Yes yes yes! All of this. The utter twaddle that you need to breastfeed a baby to bond properly or a Dad needs to feed baby or they won’t bond. That’s not how bonding works.

The eldest of our four is my husband’s from his first marriage. His mam died when he was 3 months old. We’ve been together since he was almost 3, he’s nearly 9 now.

I was lucky enough that all 3 that followed him breastfed well until they were 2-ish (still trying to pry the toddler off me forever and get into a bra that doesn’t look like something Kim Woodburn wears). I love all our feral offspring dearly but I would still say my strongest bond is with our eldest. Maybe it’s because he speaks in full sentences and does the dishes:LOL: but I love the bones of that wee lad.

And if curly haired useless nips Wicks wants to start preaching about bonding and dishing out the parenting guilt, he better get some better credentials.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just wanted to reply to the user who said she unfollowed him as he made her feel a bad mum (think it was @Lovethegossxoxo).

All children develop at different rates; all four of mine certainly did. As you said yourself, Mr Wicks didn’t mention Marley’s vision until it was sorted. Instagram is just a snapshot of someone’s reality. You’re a brilliant mum. Please don’t doubt yourself over an egotistical PE teacher who’s been a parent for all of five minutes.
I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t mention Indies allergic reaction to nut butter until the book?

or did he and I missed that?

Reactions: 2
I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t mention Indies allergic reaction to nut butter until the book?

or did he and I missed that?
Didn't know this happened... Anything interesting?

Reactions: 1
The gusto thing he never used to post that it was an ad etc A few people put in complaints and they were taken further with both him and gusto being contacted and pulled up on it. Since then he uses the paid partnership banner with it . I'm guessing that is allowed as I think since they have been pulled up on it already they wouldn't want to do it wrong again but I'm not sure.

If you think it's not correct you can submit a complaint.
For me, that almost invisible paid partnership banner is not enough. I didn’t even see it first time so it’s highly likely a lot of other people didn’t either. I don’t think it’s a fair reflection of his involvement in the company and tricks gullible people into believing he is recommending a company from the goodness of his PE Saviour™️ Heart. It’s a cynical ploy from the snake oil salesman; he’d earn more respect if he was honest about his full Gousto links every single time. New followers would have absolutely no idea of the level of his investment in the company but they have every right to know as potential customers.

Reactions: 9
I’m sure he did a saved highlight about it ... he videoed the whole thing whilst waiting for an ambulance, it was really weird and he was ‘calm’ throughout (his words) because he knows everything about his child’s welfare despite the fact she looked really poorly and probably needed a hug not a camera shoved in her face!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She had a reaction to cashew butter (I think) and he’s put it in his book. He then yesterday put a pic up again on his story of when it happened and had Rosie in the background on the phone (I’m assuming to the ambulance people, he did say they called one).

I’m sure he did a saved highlight about it ... he videoed the whole thing whilst waiting for an ambulance, it was really weird and he was ‘calm’ throughout (his words) because he knows everything about his child’s welfare despite the fact she looked really poorly and probably needed a hug not a camera shoved in her face!
Wow

Reactions: 3
She had a reaction to cashew butter (I think) and he’s put it in his book. He then yesterday put a pic up again on his story of when it happened and had Rosie in the background on the phone (I’m assuming to the ambulance people, he did say they called one).

Wow
Doesn't he still give her nut butter? I thought if you're allergic to one you can develop allergies to other nuts ?

Totally agree about the selfishness of dads “needing” to feed the baby to bond with it. He says in his book too how “important” it was to him to feed Indie.

If breastfeeding it’s so much more faff to pump to allow dad to give a bottle. Much easier just to put baby on boob and be done with it.

Like the thread title NO TIT NO OPINION.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Totally agree about the selfishness of dads “needing” to feed the baby to bond with it. He says in his book too how “important” it was to him to feed Indie.

If breastfeeding it’s so much more faff to pump to allow dad to give a bottle. Much easier just to put baby on boob and be done with it.

Like the thread title NO TIT NO OPINION.
Yes this is really annoying ! My in-laws went on and on saying they wanted to feed the baby when I was breastfeeding 🙄🙄 Interesting fact that during lockdown breastfed babies put their weight back on much more than when a poor mum has tons of visitors !! Just leave mums to it !!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Doesn't he still give her nut butter? I thought if you're allergic to one you can develop allergies to other nuts ?

On the WI15 podcast they had Rosie on saying she booked Indie in for an allergy test after this. The doctor she spoke to said to give her plenty of exposure to the nuts she isn't allergic to to prevent further allergies. SR Nutrition backed that up and said it was new advise from the NHS that stopping babies from having allergens is more likely to give them an allergy (don't quote me, this is my memory)

Reactions: 4
On the WI15 podcast they had Rosie on saying she booked Indie in for an allergy test after this. The doctor she spoke to said to give her plenty of exposure to the nuts she isn't allergic to to prevent further allergies. SR Nutrition backed that up and said it was new advise from the NHS that stopping babies from having allergens is more likely to give them an allergy (don't quote me, this is my memory)
Didn't know this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.