Joe Wicks #20 Dozie swaps her DD’s for a couple of E’s and Joe launches a new book - Has Been in 15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just what any kid wants a super sharp knife so she can make the family tea night in night out 🙄

Reactions: 10
Why post a story showing your child in bed with you who is fast asleep (and what looks like a naked Rosie in bed) - such an invasion of privacy - disgusting!

Reactions: 7
I’ve just gone back to ignoring him.

Did the workout with the kids during lockdown , how we laughed when his cheap spinner kept landing on the same exercise

Reactions: 1
Urgh, Chris VT is someone I respect hugely and I’ve read his book, which is an incredible read. But really? Does he really have to stoop so low as to do a live with Joe? Talk about lowering himself, Joe has the attention span of a gnat. And he’ll be insufferable tomorrow regurgitating all the info he gleans tonight…..before swiftly going back to his binge/restrict habits.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Maybe it’ll be his opportunity to finally publish his feed a family for under £100 a week with no UPF that he was wanging on about but never produced

Reactions: 11
I hate the UPF bandwagon it comes from a place of privilege and people get very confused at what’s processed and what’s ultra processed. Many of the people i prefer to follow in nutrition all come from the same page about it.

Yeah we know it’s bad in large quantities. But it’s a huge part of modern day society and it’s not so easy to get rid of it from our diets.

Unless you have:
Time: to cook, to bake, to prepare.
Money: food is expensive, many healthier alternatives can be more expensive than UPF
Skill: Not everyone has the skills to cook from scratch/bake bread.
Energy costs: Cost of living currently many can’t afford to spend time cooking with hobs, ovens etc.

I have a healthy diet. I eat lots of whole foods, veg, fruit etc but you can prise crisps out of my cold dead hands. The poison is in the dose. Minimise UPF sure but don’t obsess over it.

Joe can duck off with his preaching i didn’t even watch it. He has terrible eating habits and episodes of bingeing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'll add to your list above, kids that will actually eat your time and costly prepared non UPF foods.
I pick my battles, aim to get them to eat some fresh foods, veg, not sugar everything and let the cans of pop, pot noodles etc that they have alongside go. No one wants their kids to grow up with a bad relationship with food which preaching and being evangelical may well bring.

Reactions: 18
yeah they impact on every one of my points so probably deserve a place too! Thoroughly agree.

Reactions: 3
He jumps on every bandwagon going then doesn’t actually show up when it comes to evidence after a preaching session.
My 1yr old has to eat some UPF to get the right amount of calories & nutrients due to his allergies & being very small- yet Joe wouldn’t have a bleeping clue because he hasn’t had to live it. Majority of allergy alternatives are UPF.
When will this man stay in his lane 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why oh why have BBC got him on board as a mental health ambassador?! He has no training or experience in this field and a very warped view that exercise cures all ills. I don't disagree that for most of us some movement and fresh air/change of scene does the world of good. It's not the only answer though, and isn't going to work for everyone/every condition. His solution is a one track pony.

Reactions: 17
I hate the UPF bandwagon it comes from a place of privilege and people get very confused at what’s processed and what’s ultra processed. Many of the people i prefer to follow in nutrition all come from the same page about it.

Yeah we know it’s bad in large quantities. But it’s a huge part of modern day society and it’s not so easy to get rid of it from our diets.

Unless you have:
Time: to cook, to bake, to prepare.
Money: food is expensive, many healthier alternatives can be more expensive than UPF
Skill: Not everyone has the skills to cook from scratch/bake bread.
Energy costs: Cost of living currently many can’t afford to spend time cooking with hobs, ovens etc.

I have a healthy diet. I eat lots of whole foods, veg, fruit etc but you can prise crisps out of my cold dead hands. The poison is in the dose. Minimise UPF sure but don’t obsess over it.

Joe can duck off with his preaching i didn’t even watch it. He has terrible eating habits and episodes of bingeing.
There's also a lot of evidence that not all UPF food is equal, for example the benefits of whole grains in bread likely offset the UPF ingredients. When you break the category down into smaller groups the main offenders are UP meat products, sodas and sweets.

UPFs have only ever been shown to be associated with negative outcomes, not cause them, and part of that us because of what people AREN'T eating, e.g. fibre, vegetables etc, rather than what they ARE eating, and even then a lot of it boils down to your regular excess fat, sugar and salt.

Van Tullekum's crusade against them isn't especially scientific and I am not convinced he isn't just massively orthorexic.

Reactions: 9
Why oh why have BBC got him on board as a mental health ambassador?! He has no training or experience in this field and a very warped view that exercise cures all ills. I don't disagree that for most of us some movement and fresh air/change of scene does the world of good. It's not the only answer though, and isn't going to work for everyone/every condition. His solution is a one track pony.
It’s so belittling because Joe doesn’t really believe people have mental health conditions. He believes if they exercise they’re cured of their psychosis/bipolar/depression etc.
what a bleeping joke them having him on board is. He makes a mockery of those who suffer.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The BBC are clueless. They just want an atttactive face that morons go crazy over. Anyone with a brain can see right through him

Reactions: 8
“Saturday night chicken” on a Sunday cos he doesn’t have a job or a clue. And the toddler is dancing on the table again. Joe- sort it out- you’re embarrassing. Parent your children properly, stop your toddler climbing into dangerous places. It isn’t funny. Send indie and Marley to school. And stop them tormenting the poor cat.

Reactions: 11
Oh my god. Indie standing on the very edge of that worktop in just slippy socks 😱 he's playing with fire. One day one of the children will have a very nasty accident!!

Reactions: 8
Oh my god. Indie standing on the very edge of that worktop in just slippy socks 😱 he's playing with fire. One day one of the children will have a very nasty accident!!
That really worried me too, where is his wife why is she not saying Joe stop her doing that? There’s ways of pouring oil on stuff and it’s not by standing on the kitchen unit! The way he laughs at her too…. There’s no rules or boundaries.

Reactions: 7