Joe Wicks #19 Dozie not allowed to ever get fat as long as she's married to the Coachella twat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Joe has fucked his branding up purely because he thinks he is better than everyone else and as a result his messaging is just totally out of touch and inconsistent.
He preaches balance when its plain to see that he is in a constant state of binging and restricting. He says they want to homeschool Indie because they love spending time together as a family but constantly fucks off with Rosie to party and leaves them behind (Coachella, Glasto). He just can't keep his own story straight.

I mean who is he trying to appeal to?! His method is totally outdated so anyone under 30 will give him a wide berth when there are so many better fitness influencers out there. So is it parents he is targeting?! And if so why does the think that the homeschool approach is going to appeal? He basically says he is doing it because they love spending time together as a family, implying that those who send their kids to school don't! I mean we all know that it isn't the reason at all but surely being honest would actually serve him better in this case even if it makes him look like a selfish prick.

Plus isn't this latest development just another step towards being even more unrelatable. You know those kids aren't going to be awake and starting 'school' at 8.45am so yet again he's removed another obstacle that most people face...the busy morning rush and then end of the day madness with homework/cooking dinner after work etc. Yet he'll continue to preach that everyone has time to exercise.

And his whole Rosie 🔥 body speech went down like a lead balloon, alienating mothers and making him look like an even bigger arse.

So what is the point of him? His recipes are basic as duck and have had their day. Apps like his are 10 a penny and high intensity isn't fashionable anymore. He isn't relatable at all with the constant holidays and now homeschooling to facilitate said holidays as he doesn't want to be told what to do by the school. Yet he continues to preach on and on and on about how we can all do what he is doing.

duck the duck off Joe.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My mum thinks he’s a legend. I’m currently looking at care homes for her 😂
My sis in law does too 😂 she was telling me about his ice bath at the weekend lol, I just smile and nod.

He defo does appeal to Facebook/ instahuns around 35ish+ I'd say. I think for my sis in law she sees an attractive and happy family and doesn't look much deeper/ isn't very critical about social media. She's also always trying to lose weight. She's a Hincher if that adds any context and always falling for Mrs Hinch's latest hacks/ ads etc 😂 I absolutely love my sis in law by the way but it is ... enlightening to know someone who does wholeheartedly buy into all this stuff.

A lot of older people like ages 50-65ish at my work fell for his lockdown shtick as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Totally agree! I think his lovers have swiping fatigue and just see flashes of his picture perfect life and think it’s all wonderful!

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure people follow influencers particularly closely. They watch a couple of stories, but miss most of them as they're busy with their lives. I used to follow Joe but couldn't have told you much about him. I only noticed he was a twit because his daughter was born about 2 weeks after my son, and he immediately jumped on Instagram stories acting like the world's leading expert on child rearing, after a grand total of 2 day's experience.

Reactions: 9
I’m ashamed to say I was a huge fan of his several years back. I have 3 cookbooks and did his plan 😩 I started to suspect he was a bit of a knob a few years ago. James Smith (who, ironically, I now think is a bigger bleep than Joe😂) turned me off him a bit, then I found Joe’s page on here and the rest is history😂

Edited to add, a big turning point for me too was listening to Joe on Gi Fletcher’s happy mum, happy baby podcast about a month after Indie was born. Where he said he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about and parenting was a piece of piss, and made really flippant and insensitive remarks about miscarriage. Rosie had one prior to getting pregnant with Indie, and he said they weren’t bothered about it at all, it’s just one of those things that happens and not a big deal. Even if you felt that way, why say that when miscarriage is incredibly painful for a lot of women? It left a really bad taste in my mouth and I started to think yeah…you’re an epic bleep, mate.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Jesus, he's really pushing himself to stay relevant, isn't he?!

I have a podcast - here it is.
I did a BBC documentary. BBC, if you didn't know. The documentary I did was with the BBC.

Its really sad and desperate. As a lot of you have said - there are a lot more trainers out there now, and good ones. Ones that know how daily life gets in the way, how unexpected things crop up and how it's about progress, not perfection.

The guy is a massive twit & is slowly fading into obscurity.
His bubble is about to burst. He's had his 5 minutes of fame......won't want to let it go though

Reactions: 12
I’m ashamed to say I was a huge fan of his several years back. I have 3 cookbooks and did his plan 😩 I started to suspect he was a bit of a knob a few years ago. James Smith (who, ironically, I now think is a bigger bleep than Joe😂) turned me off him a bit, then I found Joe’s page on here and the rest is history😂

Are you me?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was a fan of his years ago, as were a number of my work colleagues. Used to talk about the YouTube, how ridiculously priced the plan was (lol, even back then none of us wanted to pay £90 or so when you could get the book cheap and YT free).
Anecdotally, I know several people into fitness and as a middle aged woman a number of people wanting to lose weight. None of them talk about Joe/body coach anymore. It's all intermittent fasting, avoiding ultra processed food and weight training these days. None of which is on Joe's radar.
ETA - well I guess the weight training is, but only for him, his workouts are still very burpee centric.

Reactions: 8
As a PT I’ve never been a fan of him. I used to think his videos were funny to start with but I thought the stuff he used to preach was garbage. I bought his program once just to see what the fuss was about and it was about 80 pages of recipes with ingredients that put you in a calorie deficit without telling you the calories, and about 4 pages of crappy HIIT circuits.

Also, I thought it was 5?!

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I’ve met hun twice ( without outing myself ) once was at a fitness expo where he was really friendly in 2017
One was 2019 just with his brother and him and I was left waiting outside a spa door for half hour with his r brother whilst he got a massage. Was v odd

Reactions: 2
Snap, I used to like him years ago, bought the plan which was shockingly bad as I'm vegetarian and in was in his early days when they didn't understand what being a vegetarian meant!! You would have to message your trainer or whatever they were called and tell them what you couldn't eat, I can't eat soya protein due to allergy, I got told to replace it with tuna, can't eat that either!! It was like talking to a brick wall!! I then met him at one of his book signings for his veggie book, he was so boring and when I asked him for some advice as I was having hip problems, he tried to fob me off!! Complete numpty, I was staying in the same hotel as him so saw him at breakfast, where he stuffed his face and also did not want to speak to anyone who had been to his event the night before!!

Edited to add, a big turning point for me too was listening to Joe on Gi Fletcher’s happy mum, happy baby podcast about a month after Indie was born. Where he said he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about and parenting was a piece of piss, and made really flippant and insensitive remarks about miscarriage. Rosie had one prior to getting pregnant with Indie, and he said they weren’t bothered about it at all, it’s just one of those things that happens and not a big deal. Even if you felt that way, why say that when miscarriage is incredibly painful for a lot of women? It left a really bad taste in my mouth and I started to think yeah…you’re an epic bleep, mate.
Same! Went to James smith who is now also a massive bell-end who loves himself 🍆

Interesting to see so many of us have the same experience of following Joe Wicks, then working out he’s a twit, then moving on to James Smith and then realising he’s an even bigger bellend…. Then for me, I just got totally disenchanted with any of the big fitness personalities and just take nuggets from the many now.

My friend went to a James smith show not long ago and he said to sum it up ‘it was basically like 90 minutes of him stating why he’s better than us’

Graeme Tomlinson I think is great on Instagram. Funny and informative
Also Jack Hanrahan for exercise knowledge

My friend went to a James smith show not long ago and he said to sum it up ‘it was basically like 90 minutes of him stating why he’s better than us’

Graeme Tomlinson I think is great on Instagram. Funny and informative
Also Jack Hanrahan for exercise knowledge
Love Graeme, he always responds to messages too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m one of the Joe originals. He used to live about 5 mins from my house, so a friend and I went to his boot camps in the park (you know the ones he says no one ever went to 🎻 ) and he was a decent bloke, no indication of the cuntery that was to come, although looking back he did some videos outside kfc shaming some fat people for being in the queue, so the signs were there
I then did his very first plan, got a discount for being at boot camp and to be honest I’ve never looked so good but it was so disordered, 36 eggs a week, 7g of bloody pasta, a whole bag of spinach with a meal (still can’t look at spinach now 🤮) and having to ‘earn’ your carbs. You also got hung out to dry at the end when the plan was finished there was no ‘what to do now to maintain etc’ they just wanted you to sign up to the graduate plan for more £££. It wasn’t sustainable so the results were short lived and no different from signing up to any other slimming club really, except this one encouraged you to throw yourself about like a twit so you could eat your pancakes
I also ended up in Vegas at the same time as he was there for his 30th, that was an interesting few days…
He’s nothing more than a massive twit

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.