Joe Wicks #17 He can talk the talk but struggled to walk the walk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does Indie never have shoes on. It’s stressing me out!
Same! Especially the clip today where she was in public toilets in her socks 🤢

Genuine question though regarding people that are barefoot all the time ……do they wash their feet as soon as they get home or just walk all that filth around their homes? I hate it if anyone walks in my house with their shoes on, I just think of all the rank stuff they could’ve walked through!

Reactions: 8
Is it any different to wearing shoes in the house? In terms of what you might tread in I mean. I know some cultures won’t let outdoor shoes inside (presumably for hygiene reasons?)

Reactions: 2
She’s not compulsory school age until Sept as she’s a July baby and children don’t have to go to school until the term after they turn 5.
This is true BUT once you’ve accepted a school place, you don’t really have carte blanche to take your kid out of school for holidays left right and centre. IIRC you won’t be fined for taking a four year old out of school, but it’s certainly frowned upon to have them miss a big chunk of the curriculum.

Private schools are a law unto themselves, as someone already said, I don’t think they care too much as long as you pay their fees.

Reactions: 6
Is it any different to wearing shoes in the house? In terms of what you might tread in I mean. I know some cultures won’t let outdoor shoes inside (presumably for hygiene reasons?)
No, imo it isn’t any different to wearing shoes indoors. Both are disgusting!

Reactions: 6
Did anyone see the clip that he gets pranked on Ant and Dec's Saturday night takeaway!!
I think that was him pranking other people wasn’t it? When Ant and Dec make celebrities do ridiculous things by giving them instruction in their ear

“Most days we look around and the kids are making friends with adults in restaurants”…so, annoying people at their table while they’re trying to enjoy a quiet meal 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
See, this bugs the living tit out of me. The don't know how to use a phone. Are you sure about that Joe? Did you not post a story the other day of Indie watching music videos on an ipad?!

But also, I've spoken to my kids from day 1 interacted with the and done everything he mentioned - but one of them doesn't speak because it turns out he's hard of hearing. God forbid he be faced with anything but a "textbook" child. He's on his high horse about screen time and ipads - maybe he should be asking the kids if they want their faces plastered all over the Internet. Maybe he should be teaching them about how to enjoy food healthily & not go on binge / restrict diets.

So much of what he spouts is problematic & I can't stand it. It's also very hypocritical because he's shown the kids with phones and ipads.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
Indie will have been introduced to technology through school and that will increase as she ages.

I have a love hate relationship regarding kids and technology. They are growing up in a world of tech they really need to know how to use it. However when I meet a baby maybe a year old that has their own iPad and just sits zoned out on it. No toys just staring at a screen. That’s not helping their development. That is not isolated either I see it regularly in my professional life. Yeah we had tv but it wasn’t taken everywhere with us constantly to watch. It was minimal on out hours of the day.

Some children’s development is impacted so badly from over use of tech such as iPads and not traditional play because it’s easier. I get that modern life is busy and often very hard.

Children need to be shown and encouraged to play, they need to learn conversation and social skills. They need time to develop imagination and to be bored so they can occupy themselves.

Basically after my ranting I’m saying there’s a balance!

Reactions: 10
One thing I have noticed when watching his stories recently is that he always seems to be looking for verification or reassurance from his followers. He constantly puts up boxes basically asking if hes showing the right things with a positive answer and 2 negative sarcastic ones. I think he is a very insecure man and needs the gratification from all his sheep.
His kids are beautiful and I would absolutely love to be able to travel with my kids to Australia like that but, I want my kids to actually have a good education and not spend their days just doing colouring books and, well, we don't all have the endless finances Joe and Rosie have to eat out every single meal.

Reactions: 15
I find the long answer about no phones/iPads a bit odd, they have the TV on constantly at home and watch films and stuff, but draw the line at giving the kids a phone for 10 minutes in a restaurant?

It's also the way he answers everything. He clearly thinks they are the best parents going and there is no humility in anything he says. What he could have said:

"We haven't been giving the kids phones in restaurants. We're lucky that they'll sit and colour or sit and chat with us. Of course that could change! But, somehow, the kids sit and mostly behave without technology."

Instead he acts like it's because he's the best parent of all time.

Reactions: 13
See, this bugs the living tit out of me. The don't know how to use a phone. Are you sure about that Joe? Did you not post a story the other day of Indie watching music videos on an ipad?!

But also, I've spoken to my kids from day 1 interacted with the and done everything he mentioned - but one of them doesn't speak because it turns out he's hard of hearing. God forbid he be faced with anything but a "textbook" child. He's on his high horse about screen time and ipads - maybe he should be asking the kids if they want their faces plastered all over the Internet. Maybe he should be teaching them about how to enjoy food healthily & not go on binge / restrict diets.

So much of what he spouts is problematic & I can't stand it. It's also very hypocritical because he's shown the kids with phones and ipads.
BULLSHIT JOE, why is he such a liar, who does he think this appeals to. Either people see through it and start to lose respect for him or he’s just making other people feel bad for their choices. Either way he’s such a twit. I’d LOVE to be a fly on the wall of their house for 24hrs. Oh the things you would see, the constant micro-aggressions and pressured parenting far more problematic to those kids than an iPad

Plus let’s never forget this is the parenting messiah who plonked his visually impaired newborn Marley in the handbag while they ate their meals on holiday.

Agreed! And for the record- yes your kids might not be using ipads or a phone, but you’re still shoving a phone in their face every single day to document their life… 🙄

Reactions: 17
Agreed! And for the record- yes your kids might not be using ipads or a phone, but you’re still shoving a phone in their face every single day to document their life… 🙄
✨️THIS✨️ He has far far more problematic behaviour than his kids knowing how to use a phone/ipad.
Yeah my kid might play a jigsaw game on my phone once in a while but they can rest assured that I've never shared a photo with their knickers showing or their bare bottom with anybody, let alone millions of unknowns.

He really is one to preach about "old school parenting".
He's an absolute cock.

Reactions: 13
Exactly what I was about to say. He can stick his holier than thou attitude where the sun don't shine. FFS.

The kids don't use technology - look here's yet another photo of them. 🙄
If I could pass one law right this minute it would be to stop all these people exploiting their children for publicity. I dread to think how those kids will feel when they are old enough to realise they have had zero privacy in childhood.
It's so bloody wrong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.