Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with others, as much as I like Joe, he has outgrown YouTube. He has been phoning it in for the last 12-18 months. Although, I appreciate he has at least been phoning it in unlike Zalfie who can’t even manage that. He does need to move on from YouTube. TV presenting work represents the best opportunity for him to go mainstream, still make decent money, he can Insta stories of his day if he wants. And maybe just do the occasional video on the side if he wants and has something worth filming, rather than filming and uploading for the sake of it and because it’s his job.
Yeah the past year or so you can just tell he's so done but he has still been making somewhat of an effort unlike Zalfie,Marcus and the crew. I know a lot of people thought he was lazy and whatnot but I just think he was 'lost' and didn't know what he wanted to do. Then strictly happened and that gave his life structure and purpose for the past 6 months and he actually got his head down and worked hard. I actually think he thrives off having a busy schedule and working as part of a team. And you can say what you like about Dianne but that girl has an amazing work ethic and never stops which I think will be a positive influence on Joe. Echoing what everyone else is saying TV presenting seems like a good opportunity for him and the BBC seem to have taken him under their wing so I hope it amounts to something.That along with more voiceover work in animated films/TV shows would also be a good avenue to explore.

Reactions: 6
Yeah the past year or so you can just tell he's so done but he has still been making somewhat of an effort unlike Zalfie,Marcus and the crew. I know a lot of people thought he was lazy and whatnot but I just think he was 'lost' and didn't know what he wanted to do. Then strictly happened and that gave his life structure and purpose for the past 6 months and he actually got his head down and worked hard. I actually think he thrives off having a busy schedule and working as part of a team. And you can say what you like about Dianne but that girl has an amazing work ethic and never stops which I think will be a positive influence on Joe. Echoing what everyone else is saying TV presenting seems like a good opportunity for him and the BBC seem to have taken him under their wing so I hope it amounts to something.That along with more voiceover work in animated films/TV shows would also be a good avenue to explore.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with him needing structure and and actually wants to be busy. It’s remarkably refreshing for a YouTuber to actually want to do a bit of hard graft, but his past as a roof Thatcher shows he can work. If he can keep himself busy with proper stuff, it will be better than him drifting aimlessly through YouTube not knowing what to do when the YouTube train ends.

Reactions: 5
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with him needing structure and and actually wants to be busy. It’s remarkably refreshing for a YouTuber to actually want to do a bit of hard graft, but his past as a roof Thatcher shows he can work. If he can keep himself busy with proper stuff, it will be better than him drifting aimlessly through YouTube not knowing what to do when the YouTube train ends.
I don't think it helps that the majority of his yt mates are lazy sods who seem to encourage him to do nothing. I actively dislike most of the 'buttercreams' and hope they drop of the radar sooner rather than later. Whereas his mates back home all seem to work you're normal 9-5,some of them are married,have kids etc.

I wish he'd stop hanging around with Mikey Pearce, that guys voice goes right through me. I wonder if he realises he shouts when he speaks. Oli White is no bloody better. A pair of irritating prats???

Reactions: 6
To me Jack is the only truly lazy one who does duck all. Mikey wakes up early in the morning to work out and then straight to the office all day. Oli is usually always working. Same for Josh, Caspar, and Conor.

Reactions: 1
To me Jack is the only truly lazy one who does duck all. Mikey wakes up early in the morning to work out and then straight to the office all day. Oli is usually always working. Same for Josh, Caspar, and Conor.
“Always working” are you serious?! Some may be lazier than others but none of them are exactly tirelessly grinding away.

Reactions: 8
Oli is usually working?
Is tasting different flavour Pringles/ branded sweets / insert here classed as working now??

Work wise I’d put the ‘buttercreams’ As Joe and Caspar, then Mikey who does have an actual business and seem to do other stuff, Josh who you can tell actually puts some effort into his videos at least and Oli and Jack dead bottom. When they do bother to release videos they are lazy, and poor.

“Always working” are you serious?! Some may be lazier than others but none of them are exactly tirelessly grinding away.
Did I say any of them were tirelessly working away? Always working as in pretty much every day in the week they can be seen working on something.

Oli is usually working?
Is tasting different flavour Pringles/ branded sweets / insert here classed as working now??

Work wise I’d put the ‘buttercreams’ As Joe and Caspar, then Mikey who does have an actual business and seem to do other stuff, Josh who you can tell actually puts some effort into his videos at least and Oli and Jack dead bottom. When they do bother to release videos they are lazy, and poor.
YouTube is not the only thing Oli does. He is involved in other businesses and trying to build his own. Just because his videos may have simple concepts doesn’t mean there’s no work put into them. Although I don’t really watch a lot of Oli’s videos as I’m not 10 years old, he has the most well produced videos from that lot. Josh is also the marketing director at influencer.

• Haha
It seems like Joe's slowly reverting back to his old ways. Tells everyone a new gaming video was coming out last night. Then last minute says he's run out of time and will have to upload tomorrow, then on Insta post photos of him and Dianne out at a show. Which is what he used to do with his Sugg Sunday video's. I know his schedules got slightly busier as he has more opportunities coming in, but it's not like he's doing a 9-5 he still had plenty of time to get the video ready.
It also looks like he's back to filming his doggy Sugg Sunday Video's the only difference is he has a new group of people to film with so it's not the buttercream gang week in week out.

I thought with taking all time away and getting with Dianne he'd want to change things up. I don't think Dianne's realised yet that she's dating Peter Pan.
It's all the inverse of vlogging norms, because most of the time, if he didn't put out a video and instead put out a photo with his girlfriend, many fans would be angry. Yet many of his newer fans are there for content with Dianne, with a photo featuring her more precious to them than a video of Joe without her.

I did see some fans talking about how he didn't really take many photos at the show, so maybe it was meant to be a night where he kept his head down. Which would support the idea that he's just tired of the whole grind and wants more private time. That's understandable but he's built his brand on being accessible - it won't take long before gentle joking around from fans becomes anger and finally rejection.

He never really makes a big production of his grand office the way Zoe does so I wonder if he is spending more and more time focused there without letting fans know so one day he can finally end the channels and make enough money outside of vlogging. I usually assume these 'management companies' are just shell games or ways to move money around or whatever, but it does seem like he and Caspar take the business seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What I infer from how little he shows the office is that he really doesn’t do much there. Something we know for sure is that he was able to take the last 6 months off. Which makes me doubt he is particularly crucial to its everyday running.

Reactions: 4
It's all the inverse of vlogging norms, because most of the time, if he didn't put out a video and instead put out a photo with his girlfriend, many fans would be angry. Yet many of his newer fans are there for content with Dianne, with a photo featuring her more precious to them than a video of Joe without her.

I did see some fans talking about how he didn't really take many photos at the show, so maybe it was meant to be a night where he kept his head down. Which would support the idea that he's just tired of the whole grind and wants more private time. That's understandable but he's built his brand on being accessible - it won't take long before gentle joking around from fans becomes anger and finally rejection.

He never really makes a big production of his grand office the way Zoe does so I wonder if he is spending more and more time focused there without letting fans know so one day he can finally end the channels and make enough money outside of vlogging. I usually assume these 'management companies' are just shell games or ways to move money around or whatever, but it does seem like he and Caspar take the business seriously.
I saw the comments as well about Joe not taking photos at the show, but the DM did mange to get this photo of him and Dianne. Joe's trying to avoid the camera and Dianne's more than happy to have her photo taken. Then inside the venue couples were having photo together and Dianne had to have one by herself.
I defiantly think Joe's wishing he'd kept the relationship more private now. Not that I think Dianne minds and she seems to love all the media attention. Which could be hard in the long run if one of you want's be in a Private relationship and the other wants to share it with the world.

Reactions: 2
The backlash against Stacey Dooley's Comic Relief photos and participation makes me wonder if he is taking notes for what to avoid with his own involvement. A lot of people seem to be fed up of the whole thing.

Has anyone watched Joe's latest vlog? Did anything interesting happen?

Would still love to know apart from jump scaring each other and doing all the staged loved up posing for YouTube, Social media and attending PR events what they do have in common. As from Dianne's stories of jump scaring Joe tonight, it looked like Dianne was doing her own thing in one room and Joe was in the study playing video games by himself.

Would still love to know apart from jump scaring each other and doing all the staged loved up posing for YouTube, Social media and attending PR events what they do have in common. As from Dianne's stories of jump scaring Joe tonight, it looked like Dianne was doing her own thing in one room and Joe was in the study playing video games by himself.
I skipped through a bit. He vlogged part of the dinner he had with the rest of the guys, then scared Dianne when she got home and gave her a new iPhone because apparently hers was super old and ran out of charge really fast. The second half was just her rolling some face massage type thing all over his face and him not liking it.

I also saw that insta story of her scaring him. I thought he was filming a gaming video at first but he wasn’t talking or anything so likely not the case. You’d think they’d want to be together after she was rehearsing all day. Doesn’t he have consoles set up in his living room? She could have played with him or watched. Maybe she had her own things to do.

I skipped through a bit. He vlogged part of the dinner he had with the rest of the guys, then scared Dianne when she got home and gave her a new iPhone because apparently hers was super old and ran out of charge really fast. The second half was just her rolling some face massage type thing all over his face and him not liking it.

I also saw that insta story of her scaring him. I thought he was filming a gaming video at first but he wasn’t talking or anything so likely not the case. You’d think they’d want to be together after she was rehearsing all day. Doesn’t he have consoles set up in his living room? She could have played with him or watched. Maybe she had her own things to do.
Same, I thought at first maybe he was just filming a gaming video when Dianne went to Jump scare him, but he was just sat there playing a game. I know it's good for BF's and GF's to have there own hobbies, but when you've both been apart for like 8hours and it's Friday night would you really want to sit in another room by yourself while your BF plays video games in his office.
I think although Joe likes having Dianne around, he also still wants to continue living his bachelor lifestyle as well.

Also, how long can they keep jump scaring each other before people get board of it. I remember back in the day he use to do that with Oli, I just feel like he's trying to recycling he's old YouTube content but using Dianne instead of one of the buttercream's to make it look like new content.

Same, I thought at first maybe he was just filming a gaming video when Dianne went to Jump scare him, but he was just sat there playing a game. I know it's good for BF's and GF's to have there own hobbies, but when you've both been apart for like 8hours and it's Friday night would you really want to sit in another room by yourself while your BF plays video games in his office.
I think although Joe likes having Dianne around, he also still wants to continue living his bachelor lifestyle as well.

Also, how long can they keep jump scaring each other before people get board of it. I remember back in the day he use to do that with Oli, I just feel like he's trying to recycling he's old YouTube content but using Dianne instead of one of the buttercream's to make it look like new content.
I’ve literally read elsewhere that they spend too much together so they can’t seem to win whatever they do.You can’t judge an entire relationship off of one 30 second insta story.I’be also seen people saying that he wants the whole ‘bachelor lifestyle’ still but he’s done nothing to show this.Like when’s the last time he had a proper night out,the last time I can think of his the Xmas night out he had with the boys back home.I mean he’s had ample opportunity but has chosen not to.

I agree with the whole content thing tho.He’s just going to recycle old ideas just with new people to fill it out.His channel and his creativity for videos etc has reached its saturation point,I feel for him tho as it must be hard to constantly come up with new ideas and stay ahead of the game.But as I’ve said a million times he should jump before he’s pushed as his channel,like all the other big names is tanking it

I watched the whole video, because I felt like I should reward Joe for not doing what he and his sister too often do and padding out videos to run for 30, 40, or 50 minutes when nothing is going on.

I was mostly weirded out by the last half.

Dianne probably looked the prettiest I've seen her, as she was toned down, but otherwise seeing her making him bleed and scream in pain as she draped over him in a low-cut top felt like a fetish video. This was also one of those videos which made her seem much older than him.

I also noticed she dropped that irritating cutesy-poo act (on display when he was giving her the phone) in the last minutes. She was so blunt with him she even told him he had a receding hairline. I wonder if that's one of the things that attracts her to him, as he's so used to being around people like Zoe and Alfie who are so desperately false toward everyone they know.

I also noticed she dropped that irritating cutesy-poo act (on display when he was giving her the phone) in the last minutes. She was so blunt with him she even told him he had a receding hairline. I wonder if that's one of the things that attracts her to him, as he's so used to being around people like Zoe and Alfie who are so desperately false toward everyone they know.
Well to be fair Alfie and Zoe(especially Zoe) are so fake and pretentious that I think a lump of rock could harvest more genuine personality.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.